Ctrl toggles sound on & off

Darlok9

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011
Hey my left Ctrl aside from what it is suppose to do also toggles my sound ON/OFF when i press it.. (Windows XP SP3) This happend recently as i was cleaning the sides of my Microsoft Natural Keyboard keys pressing all diff kinds of buttons sporatically.

I opened the Keyboard and cleaned it.. Also unplugged it from PS2 and plugged it into a USB port.
I don't recall installing anything new on my PC other than some World of Warcraft addons.

Please help.. Thanks

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
MS Natural KB probably was detected and installed programmable KB commands by default, see if you can change it from program files. If not go to Start-Settings-Control Panel-Keyboard or any new keyboard entries in that folder, should have an active smartkey setup that is modifiable. Check your tray icons for a KB device, open and change.

Darlok9

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011
I have the intellipro keyboard software and it's not letting me rebind the keys.

WHat's strange is.. today as i turned my computer on the keys went back to normal and the left CTRL no longer muted my sound.. This happend for a few hours until i played some WOW.. then it went back again. So I'm not sure whatsup. ;\

I even reseted the bios.. deleted the sysdm.cpl and had windows reinstall it and still nothing.. So i dont know whatsup ? :(