Adding second GPU..BLANK SCRREN AFTER POST

drotondi

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2008
I added a second video card today to a existing system. It posts and boots in to windows. I see the progress bar then where the login would be its blank. blank screen. The specs are below with details

xfx 780i

Pc power and cooling 750w silencer

Windows 64x

2 xfx 9800 gtx+

Qx6850 intel

velociraptor 300gb

Crucial 2 balistics pc2-8500 (i know i know) no negitive comments just help thanks

my bios has a date of 9/9/2008. I got the update via xfx support webpage.

If i remove the bridge and the card its boots to windows and operates fine. I have not been able to enter windows with both cards in at the same time. So i have not had the chance to enable SLI. anyone deal with the same issue?

*I've posted this in other areas (Grapics and display ) with no reply. I can boot up in to safe mode
and use windows normaly with both card and i go to device manager and i can see both cards there. idk what the issue is i'm running out of ideas. i also just removed the display drivers and reinstalled the most recent ones from nvidea.com... ANYONE?
Add a reply

drotondi

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2008
SOLUTION FOUND! The current driver for nvidea 9 series dont work on vista 64x SLI. The only drivers that work are the old ones from september 08. Uninstall drivers in safe mode and download the old drivers.reboot and install the old drivers ..reboot and should be all set.

TRENDING THREADS