Sign in with
Your question

Video card for my needs

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 22, 2008 4:47:40 PM

Hello all, here is my question, I want to hook up my computer to my 60 inch Sony HD tv, I do not do much gaming, but I wanted to watch movies, videos, slide shows, etc on my tv. I have a blu-ray DVD player in my system so I want to be able to watch movies from computer out to HDTV, I am looking for a good video card around $100.00 to $125.00 to be able to do this with, I have HDMI on my TV. this is what I was thinking please let me know if this is a good idea, I need a card with dual DVI one straight to my 20 inch monitor the other via DVI to HDMI adapter to my HD-TV , but I have no idea on what to get, there are so many, different memory, and speed and what are Stream Processors, is the higher the number the better, this is my first attempt on finding a video card so any help would be appreciated. one more thing I am running Vista Ultimate 64 bit

thanks

More about : video card

December 22, 2008 4:53:10 PM

I think nVidia 9800GTX+ or ATi HD4850
December 22, 2008 4:55:38 PM

I'd get a Radeon 4830.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 22, 2008 5:29:28 PM

I'd go with ATI for displaying to an HDTV. A 4830 at the least, but a better choice would be the 4850, or 4870 if you are gaming at all. Not to mention that ATI also ports the sound onto the card too (HDMI graphics, and audio).
!