OK so i had my i5 750 OCed to 3.6 for a long time, this morning i went to click the mouse to bring it out on sleep mode and got a blank screen. I had to reset the CMOS to get in the bios and now i set it to

3.4 180x19 set the ram to 1600 no XMP 7-7-7-24 with v 1.64
my vcore is set to 1.216 that all the setting i done

Anyways i checked temp with the new 3.4 OC and didn't brake 70C with intel burn test on high also ran prime95 for 3 hours NP

Was wondering if there might be any other setting to help get a stable OC ?

Really not sure why after 4 months my 3.6 OC would fail, less it hade something to do with have my system set to sleep mode ( Anyone ? )

Thanks

RJR

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Well, it looks like you said you only changed the vcore/vdimm and have left everything else up to the motherboard gods to set for you. You may want to consider setting most of your voltages to the stock settings (so you have a little control) and working up from there. Any "auto" setting in Bios can and sometimes does under/overvolt.

:) right, but that's the problem. I am not sure what setting to raise or lower other then the vcore and my ram volts.

I looked at a few videos and i did what this one showed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llqhe3N1cJA&feature=response_watch but i only did a 3.4 OC and set my vcore to 1.216 instead because if i don't it puts out to much volts 1.3XX which i think it to much for a mild OC.