Hello, Samsung Syncmaster 2493HM losing signal to pc

zclibbens

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
Hello everybody,
I am not a tech genius but i know little bits. First of all i will tell you my system specs:

nvidia 8800gt
q6600 cpu
4gb ram
windows xp32 bit

Ok they are my specs that i know of. The pc is nearly a year old. A couple of weeks ago i got this new monitor for my birthday, its the Samsung syncmaster 2493HM 24 inch. My old monitor was a little 17 inch i think and that DID used to have the same problem but only happened once every couple of month. On my old monitor it was connected to my pc via the VGA cables i think they are called ( blue ones). The problem was i was playing on flight simulator 2004 and what would happen is my monitor would go blank like it lost the signal to the pc but i would still hear the sound in the background and it would be like a loud buzz, this sound isnt coming from the pc ot was from my engine sound that had frozen. Now that only happened very rarely since i have got this new monitor it happens just about every time i play on the game. Now when i got this monitor i plugged it in via a VGA cable again but that was only for around 30 mins untill my dad got me a DVI cable ( a white one). I had the dvi cable plugged in and when i was flying it did what it did on my old monitor, the screen goes blank but i still hear the engine sound, that is just a loud buzz. So i plugged the VGA cables back in to see if it was the DVI cable, it still did it with the VGA cable. SO i went to update my graphics card driver from vnidia with no avail the problem still occured. I then got the cd out of the box and installed the monitor driver, the DIGITAl one for my dvi lead. I thought this might of solved it but it DIDNT. One more thing i should mention, the monitor came with an american style power chord with the two pins on the end, im in the uk so i dont have them plugs, i then realised i still had the power cable from my old monitor so i am using that, i am using the power chord from my old monitor could this be a problem? I have downloaded speed fan and my temperatures reached up to around 80 i think that is in a aircraft that requires alot of resources that maybe why, just now the temperature is 62 for the gpu whilst just in internet. Cpu temps are around 36 now. one more thing, whilst just borwsing internet and chatting online the monitor doesnt loose signal, i am sure it isnt my game as i have done numerous re-installs and never had a problem before. My screen resolutun set on windows is 1920x1200

Now i have tried to give as much info as possible and sorry for the lenghty description but at least you know what happening.

Thank you for taking the time to read and this is a major problem as i love to fly on the sim, hopefully help will be available and i will try reply asap,

Thanks

EDIT: My pc used to be next to a wall so it would block abit of the air coming out so i decided to move it to let it breath. i took a look inside and got rid of some little bits of dust and its now clear. I have just loaded the flight simulator up and it was fine for 15 mins before losing signal and hearing a loud noise. The temps for the gpu were fine the MAX was about 76 deg C. So it isnt the gpu temp i am just lost now to what it could be. I like to go on the sim alot and now am getting a bit frustrated. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Zack