cannot access "run"

Virus required me to reformat C drive and reinstall WinXP
Home. Prior to this I could not access msconfig or
regedit via settings->run because "OK" button was grayed
out and nothing showed up for selection. After
reinstalling WinXP and Norton Antivirus I still find
the "OK" button grayed out when I click on start->run.
Everything else seems to be working and Norton found no
viruses on both hard drives. Any suggestions about what
to do to fix this problem?

EM;

The OK button does not become active until you type, select or paste
something in the type in box.

Does it work if you use the Enter key on your keyboard?

Does the following work?
Ctrl + Alt + Delete | File | New Task (Run...)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:1389201c41a8b$2e8dd580$a001280a@phx.gbl,