Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking E6750 & ASUS P5QL Pro

Last response: in Overclocking
April 7, 2010 2:23:32 PM

Hi,

Well i got mostly all the things sorted but i got few questions about Overclocking and the Voltage.

System:
E6750 2,66ghz, CPU-Cooler: Brocken
ASUS P5QL Pro
ENERMAX PRO82+ 425watt
2GB RAM - DDR2-RAM KIT 2 GB, 1066 MHz, CL5, CORSAIR Dominator
ATI HD4850 Sapphire 512mb 256bit
320GB HDD

Any1 there had the similiar setup as me and maybe could post me "a little guide" with the things that i should change in the AI-Tweaker. I know there is a guide and so on and i've also had a look at it but i'm looking if there is any1 who had similiar setup as me and overclocked it.

FSB 450 - 3,6ghz, FSB 475 - 3,8ghz
PCI Frequency to 100Mhz so nothing happens with GFX Card coz on "Auto" it could take more?
CPU Voltage - how much should i use for 3,6ghz / 3,8ghz? Or a bit lower around 3,2ghz / 3,4ghz?
Should i change NB-Voltage aswell when i go higher? And if so when?

I've had my CPU running at 3,0ghz with CPU-Voltage: 1,28125V.

Btw some people are saying that they wouldn't be running this CPU with more than 1,35V of CPU-Voltage? Some are saying that they wouldn't go more than 1,5V, is it very dangerous for the CPU?

It would be nice if some people could post me like "a little guide" in AI Tweaker.

Thanks.

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
April 7, 2010 2:49:21 PM

First, are you using the AI tweaker program from the desktop or are you overclocking from the BIOS? I would not recommend overclocking from the AI software and strongly encourage overclocking from the BIOS>

THIS article will help you, read it a few times, you will get a better understanding on how to overclock and why...

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/240001-29-howto-overc...
April 7, 2010 2:53:08 PM

jonpaul37 said:
First, are you using the AI tweaker program from the desktop or are you overclocking from the BIOS? I would not recommend overclocking from the AI software and strongly encourage overclocking from the BIOS>

THIS article will help you, read it a few times, you will get a better understanding on how to overclock and why...

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/240001-29-howto-overc...

Ye i'm Overclocking in BIOS with AI Tweaker and stop linking me to these guides i do understand it i just need help with Voltage.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
April 7, 2010 4:01:08 PM

voltage is different for EVERY system, if you want to know the max voltage, go to the Intel website and see what they spec it out at...

I know a Q6600 max voltage is 1.50, and i have mine set to 1.39 running @ 3.6, NOW, listen up here, there ARE others who have the EXACT same CPU/Motherboard as me and they have to set the voltage @ 1.44 to get the same 3.6 speed, thus making EVERY motherboard & CPU DIFFERENT.

FYI: Don't be a dick when someone it trying to help you, if it were someone else, they would not have helped you after the following comment... "and stop linking me to these guides i do understand it i just need help with Voltage"... Clearly you don't understand it if you think someone will just give you a number for voltage and it'll work. Do what the rest of us do and test it out in small increments, it'll be safer for your system and you'll learn from it...

Good Day
a c 172 à CPUs
a c 197 K Overclocking
a b Ĉ ASUS
April 9, 2010 7:18:58 AM

You really, really need to learn to use the BIOS.

But if all you want is help with voltage, well OK.

Intel's recommended max voltage for the Conroes is 1.50 volts. You should keep yourt load temperatures under 70 C.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GA-EP45-UD3P | Q9550 OC'd to 3.6 GHz (425 MHz X 8.5) C3 stepping :( 
GA-EP45-UD3L | Q6600 OC'd to 3.6 GHz (400 MHz X 9)
GA-EP35-DS3P | E5200 OC'd to 3.78 GHz (315 MHz X 12)
!