Fastest stable overclock, whats next?

http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1123952.png

A validation of my fastest stable overclock. This is my first PC build so pretty much everything is over my head. Where do I go next with this?

AMD Athlon II X4 620
2GB Crucial 1066 Ram
Cooler Master Hyper 212+ CPU Cooler
ATI Radeon HD 4670 512MB
MSI 760GM-E51 AM3 Mother Board
Antec 300 Case

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1123952
10 answers Last reply
More about fastest stable overclock whats next
  1. Poisoner said:
    http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1123952.png

    A validation of my fastest stable overclock. This is my first PC build so pretty much everything is over my head. Where do I go next with this?

    AMD Athlon II X4 620
    2GB Crucial 1066 Ram
    Cooler Master Hyper 212+ CPU Cooler
    ATI Radeon HD 4670 512MB
    MSI 760GM-E51 AM3 Mother Board
    Antec 300 Case

    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1123952


    start playing games and enjoying your rig!!! pretty awsome that you overclocked it that much on air ^_^
  2. ^+1. In terms of performance, I'd grab another 2GB stick or 2 1GB sticks, and overclock your graphic card with ATi OverDrive, and if you want to push it even further, download some other GPU o/c tools.
  3. Hard Drive + 2g more ram.
    The hard drive is the most underrated component. Super fast hard drives make the experience so much more enjoyable. The end result is that the end user becomes the bottleneck instead of any component in the machine.
    Cheers
  4. Poisoner said:
    http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1123952.png

    A validation of my fastest stable overclock. This is my first PC build so pretty much everything is over my head. Where do I go next with this?

    AMD Athlon II X4 620
    2GB Crucial 1066 Ram
    Cooler Master Hyper 212+ CPU Cooler
    ATI Radeon HD 4670 512MB
    MSI 760GM-E51 AM3 Mother Board
    Antec 300 Case

    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1123952


    Congratulations! What is your monitor resolution?
  5. blackwater11 said:
    Hard Drive + 2g more ram.
    The hard drive is the most underrated component. Super fast hard drives make the experience so much more enjoyable. The end result is that the end user becomes the bottleneck instead of any component in the machine.
    Cheers


    what? no way i believe that a super fast hard drive makes that much of a performance difference over a regular 7,200 rpm SATA HDD.
  6. randomkid said:
    Congratulations! What is your monitor resolution?


    I play on a 19" lcd monitor at 1280x1024, hence the 4670. Before I upgraded my rig the CPU was the bottleneck but that was a P4 w/ Hyper-threading. I'd like to get more ram but I am running winXP 32bit right now so 2gb is plenty.

    Not sure how I overclocked that much. I had it at the same speed with a lower FSB and higher multiplier and it was unstable, not sure why.

  7. Poisoner said:
    I play on a 19" lcd monitor at 1280x1024, hence the 4670. Before I upgraded my rig the CPU was the bottleneck but that was a P4 w/ Hyper-threading. I'd like to get more ram but I am running winXP 32bit right now so 2gb is plenty.

    Not sure how I overclocked that much. I had it at the same speed with a lower FSB and higher multiplier and it was unstable, not sure why.

    http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/4062/lowidle.png


    what games do you play?
  8. Fallout 3, Oblivion, Sins of a Solar Empire, Final Fantasy XI Online
  9. Then you are all set... You have done well in term of OC and your graphics card is just right for you games and resolution. Enjoy you rig... :)
  10. or you could buy a ln2 pot and see if you can get higher haha but tbh have fun and game with it thats what the comp was probably made for in the first place
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking