What the in the H*LL is going on here?! I think mobo is fried?

blkcamaro55

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
Ok so here is the deal. I just put together a new rig and thought everything was alright. Well let me tell you everything that has happened so far...When I first put this together, the motherboard didnt come with plastic washers for the mounting hardware so I had the metal screws touching the board which was grounding it out. Second, I have an LGA 1366 CPU so I was using an LGA 1366 heatsink that has a metal bracket that comes with it and goes on the back of the motherboard. well there was SUPPOSE to be antistatic film on the bracket but apparently there was not. So the VERY FIRST BOOT I did, I would get a flicker of everything on the board. Finally figured out that it was grounding so fixed that. Ok so next I boot it up yay everything works. Get everything loaded and everything works alright. The next day, problems arise. When I boot, the BIOS will SOMETIMES load...if they do then they freeze when I try navigating in them. Secondly if I try to boot sometimes it wont go to BIOS but will beep like 6 times and say Chassis intruded!........Fatal error system halted. Then it sometimes says. No keyboard found and other boots it says keyboard is found. SOO...finally I get it working right enough to run a memtest on it...Passes with flying colors. NO ERRORS!!! So what am I suppose to think now? What the hell is going on with my computer? Is it the processor? Is it the motherboard? I get normal beeps when successfully boots...sometimes non of the LED's light up on the board and it jsut kinda sits there...Did I short out the PC? And I know some of you may be thinking its the PSU but I dont think it is. The BIOS are updated and all drivers are as well. My graphics card is shot so Im waiting on RMA for that. Ok so here is my rig...sorry its such a long read but im desperate...

My rig

Mobo: ASUS Rampage II GENE
CPU: Intel Core i7 920
RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR3 6GB 2000mhz triple channel at 8-8-8
HD's: 2 X Western Digital Velociraptor 300GB in RAID0
PSU: Silverstone 1000W OP1000-P
CPU Heatsink: Cooler Master V8
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos 1000
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 285 FTW

TRENDING THREADS