[Sims 2] Will the game run well on a Dell 700m?

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

I would like to replace my aging (and very heavy) Dell Inspiron 8000. I am
looking at small and light laptops but I am concerned that their graphics
capabilities may not be up to the challenge. Does anyone run Sims 2 on a
Dell Inspiron 700m or similar small laptop?

Thanks,
Richard

More about sims game dell 700m
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    Richard Forester wrote:
    > I would like to replace my aging (and very heavy) Dell Inspiron 8000.
    > I am looking at small and light laptops but I am concerned that their
    > graphics capabilities may not be up to the challenge. Does anyone
    > run Sims 2 on a Dell Inspiron 700m or similar small laptop?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Richard

    > News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
    > World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms -
    > Total Privacy via Encryption =----

    So we don't have to go trawling through Dell's pages to find the specs of
    that particular medel, how about a breakdown - or a link?
    on salads.

    Richard Forester wrote:
    > I would like to replace my aging (and very heavy) Dell Inspiron 8000. I am
    > looking at small and light laptops but I am concerned that their graphics
    > capabilities may not be up to the challenge. Does anyone run Sims 2 on a
    > Dell Inspiron 700m or similar small laptop?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Richard

    I play it just fine on a 600m - one which comes with a radeon mobility
    card - as long as it doesn't have an onboard graphics card you should be
    alright. my unpatched version starts lagging (a bit) on a 6 member
    family, largest lot, huge house w/ quite a bit of "stuff".

    ~SL
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    Thanks for your response. I was actually looking for people who have
    attempted to run Sims 2 on that specific laptop. Judging from the system
    specs it would seem from my educated guess that it wouldn't run well since
    it uses Intel Extreme Graphics (on board and uses shared RAM). However, I
    have seen some very positive feedback relating to that chipset.

    At any rate, here's a link to the manufacturers site for this model:

    http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/inspn_700m?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~tab=specstab#tabtop

    Richard

    > Richard Forester wrote:
    >> I would like to replace my aging (and very heavy) Dell Inspiron 8000.
    >> I am looking at small and light laptops but I am concerned that their
    >> graphics capabilities may not be up to the challenge. Does anyone
    >> run Sims 2 on a Dell Inspiron 700m or similar small laptop?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Richard

    >> News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
    >> World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms -
    >> Total Privacy via Encryption =----
    >

    > So we don't have to go trawling through Dell's pages to find the specs of
    > that particular medel, how about a breakdown - or a link?
    > --
    > Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
    > on salads.

    Yea, the appearance that this model doesn't use the Radeon Mobility chipset
    makes me a little wary. I like the 700m because it is small (12" in screen)
    but I guess with it being that small there's not much space for a dedicated
    video card.

    Richard

    "Lerren" <anaximander@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Richard Forester wrote:
    >> I would like to replace my aging (and very heavy) Dell Inspiron 8000. I
    >> am looking at small and light laptops but I am concerned that their
    >> graphics capabilities may not be up to the challenge. Does anyone run
    >> Sims 2 on a Dell Inspiron 700m or similar small laptop?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Richard ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure
    >> Usenet News==----
    >> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+
    >> Newsgroups
    >> =----
    >
    > I play it just fine on a 600m - one which comes with a radeon mobility
    > card - as long as it doesn't have an onboard graphics card you should be
    > alright. my unpatched version starts lagging (a bit) on a 6 member family,
    > largest lot, huge house w/ quite a bit of "stuff".
    >
    > ~SL

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    Ah and i made a configuration so it would be ok not the best
    but then its bloody expensive for me , and i could find easily better
    systems , if the prices are the same more or less ,between usa and europe

    "Richard Forester" <richard_forester(nospam)@msn.com> schreef in bericht
    > Thanks for your response. I was actually looking for people who have
    > attempted to run Sims 2 on that specific laptop. Judging from the system
    > specs it would seem from my educated guess that it wouldn't run well since
    > it uses Intel Extreme Graphics (on board and uses shared RAM). However, I
    > have seen some very positive feedback relating to that chipset.
    >
    > At any rate, here's a link to the manufacturers site for this model:

    http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/inspn_700m?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~tab=specstab#tabtop

    > Richard
    >

    > "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message
    > > Richard Forester wrote:
    > >> I would like to replace my aging (and very heavy) Dell Inspiron 8000.
    > >> I am looking at small and light laptops but I am concerned that their
    > >> graphics capabilities may not be up to the challenge. Does anyone
    > >> run Sims 2 on a Dell Inspiron 700m or similar small laptop?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >> Richard

    > >> News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
    > >> World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms -
    > >> Total Privacy via Encryption =----
    > >

    > > So we don't have to go trawling through Dell's pages to find the specs
    of
    > > that particular medel, how about a breakdown - or a link?
    > > --
    > > Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
    > > on salads.

    News==----
    Newsgroups
    =----
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    My opinion :
    As far as i can see thats a no

    Frst of all windows xp has a minimum use of 100mb memory if your
    tuned well;-)
    And theres no video card but 64 taken of of the memory if you boost the
    memory ,and 512 is even low its
    a better way ,but still not that great
    If it was my system i wanted and a video card of 128mb and minimum
    512memeory but i would prefer more memory
    This also because in the near future there might be add ons for your
    simmies
    The processor is ok ;-)

    Greetings

    > Thanks for your response. I was actually looking for people who have
    > attempted to run Sims 2 on that specific laptop. Judging from the system
    > specs it would seem from my educated guess that it wouldn't run well since
    > it uses Intel Extreme Graphics (on board and uses shared RAM). However, I
    > have seen some very positive feedback relating to that chipset.
    >
    > At any rate, here's a link to the manufacturers site for this model:

    http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/inspn_700m?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~tab=specstab#tabtop

    > Richard
    >

    > "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message
    > > Richard Forester wrote:
    > >> I would like to replace my aging (and very heavy) Dell Inspiron 8000.
    > >> I am looking at small and light laptops but I am concerned that their
    > >> graphics capabilities may not be up to the challenge. Does anyone
    > >> run Sims 2 on a Dell Inspiron 700m or similar small laptop?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >> Richard

    > >> News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
    > >> World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms -
    > >> Total Privacy via Encryption =----
    > >

    > > So we don't have to go trawling through Dell's pages to find the specs
    of
    > > that particular medel, how about a breakdown - or a link?
    > > --
    > > Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
    > > on salads.

    News==----
    Newsgroups
    =----

Sims Dell Inspiron Games Video Games Product