[Sims 2] Will the game run well on a Dell 700m?

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

I would like to replace my aging (and very heavy) Dell Inspiron 8000. I am
looking at small and light laptops but I am concerned that their graphics
capabilities may not be up to the challenge. Does anyone run Sims 2 on a
Dell Inspiron 700m or similar small laptop?

Thanks,
Richard

Richard Forester wrote:
> I would like to replace my aging (and very heavy) Dell Inspiron 8000.
> I am looking at small and light laptops but I am concerned that their
> graphics capabilities may not be up to the challenge. Does anyone
> run Sims 2 on a Dell Inspiron 700m or similar small laptop?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

> News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
> World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms -
> Total Privacy via Encryption =----

So we don't have to go trawling through Dell's pages to find the specs of
that particular medel, how about a breakdown - or a link?
on salads.

Richard Forester wrote:
> I would like to replace my aging (and very heavy) Dell Inspiron 8000. I am
> looking at small and light laptops but I am concerned that their graphics
> capabilities may not be up to the challenge. Does anyone run Sims 2 on a
> Dell Inspiron 700m or similar small laptop?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

I play it just fine on a 600m - one which comes with a radeon mobility
card - as long as it doesn't have an onboard graphics card you should be
alright. my unpatched version starts lagging (a bit) on a 6 member
family, largest lot, huge house w/ quite a bit of "stuff".

~SL

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

Thanks for your response. I was actually looking for people who have
attempted to run Sims 2 on that specific laptop. Judging from the system
specs it would seem from my educated guess that it wouldn't run well since
it uses Intel Extreme Graphics (on board and uses shared RAM). However, I
have seen some very positive feedback relating to that chipset.

At any rate, here's a link to the manufacturers site for this model:

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/inspn_700m?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~tab=specstab#tabtop

Richard

> Richard Forester wrote:
>> I would like to replace my aging (and very heavy) Dell Inspiron 8000.
>> I am looking at small and light laptops but I am concerned that their
>> graphics capabilities may not be up to the challenge. Does anyone
>> run Sims 2 on a Dell Inspiron 700m or similar small laptop?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Richard

>> News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
>> World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms -
>> Total Privacy via Encryption =----
>

> So we don't have to go trawling through Dell's pages to find the specs of
> that particular medel, how about a breakdown - or a link?
> --
> Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
> on salads.

Yea, the appearance that this model doesn't use the Radeon Mobility chipset
makes me a little wary. I like the 700m because it is small (12" in screen)
but I guess with it being that small there's not much space for a dedicated
video card.

Richard

"Lerren" <anaximander@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Richard Forester wrote:
>> I would like to replace my aging (and very heavy) Dell Inspiron 8000. I
>> am looking at small and light laptops but I am concerned that their
>> graphics capabilities may not be up to the challenge. Does anyone run
>> Sims 2 on a Dell Inspiron 700m or similar small laptop?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Richard ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure
>> Usenet News==----
>> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+
>> Newsgroups
>> =----
>
> I play it just fine on a 600m - one which comes with a radeon mobility
> card - as long as it doesn't have an onboard graphics card you should be
> alright. my unpatched version starts lagging (a bit) on a 6 member family,
> largest lot, huge house w/ quite a bit of "stuff".
>
> ~SL

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

Ah and i made a configuration so it would be ok not the best
but then its bloody expensive for me , and i could find easily better
systems , if the prices are the same more or less ,between usa and europe

"Richard Forester" <richard_forester(nospam)@msn.com> schreef in bericht
> Thanks for your response. I was actually looking for people who have
> attempted to run Sims 2 on that specific laptop. Judging from the system
> specs it would seem from my educated guess that it wouldn't run well since
> it uses Intel Extreme Graphics (on board and uses shared RAM). However, I
> have seen some very positive feedback relating to that chipset.
>
> At any rate, here's a link to the manufacturers site for this model:

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/inspn_700m?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~tab=specstab#tabtop

> Richard
>

> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message
> > Richard Forester wrote:
> >> I would like to replace my aging (and very heavy) Dell Inspiron 8000.
> >> I am looking at small and light laptops but I am concerned that their
> >> graphics capabilities may not be up to the challenge. Does anyone
> >> run Sims 2 on a Dell Inspiron 700m or similar small laptop?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Richard

> >> News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
> >> World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms -
> >> Total Privacy via Encryption =----
> >

> > So we don't have to go trawling through Dell's pages to find the specs
of
> > that particular medel, how about a breakdown - or a link?
> > --
> > Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
> > on salads.

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

My opinion :
As far as i can see thats a no

Frst of all windows xp has a minimum use of 100mb memory if your
tuned well;-)
And theres no video card but 64 taken of of the memory if you boost the
memory ,and 512 is even low its
a better way ,but still not that great
If it was my system i wanted and a video card of 128mb and minimum
512memeory but i would prefer more memory
This also because in the near future there might be add ons for your
simmies
The processor is ok ;-)

Greetings

> Thanks for your response. I was actually looking for people who have
> attempted to run Sims 2 on that specific laptop. Judging from the system
> specs it would seem from my educated guess that it wouldn't run well since
> it uses Intel Extreme Graphics (on board and uses shared RAM). However, I
> have seen some very positive feedback relating to that chipset.
>
> At any rate, here's a link to the manufacturers site for this model:

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/inspn_700m?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~tab=specstab#tabtop

> Richard
>

> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message
> > Richard Forester wrote:
> >> I would like to replace my aging (and very heavy) Dell Inspiron 8000.
> >> I am looking at small and light laptops but I am concerned that their
> >> graphics capabilities may not be up to the challenge. Does anyone
> >> run Sims 2 on a Dell Inspiron 700m or similar small laptop?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Richard

> >> News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
> >> World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms -
> >> Total Privacy via Encryption =----
> >

> > So we don't have to go trawling through Dell's pages to find the specs
of
> > that particular medel, how about a breakdown - or a link?
> > --
> > Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
> > on salads.

News==----
Newsgroups
=----