EVGA GTX 260 216 Core TRI-SLI

Well I'm having some issues with my 3 EVGA GTX 260 216 Core Superclocked Edition video cards. *What a surprise!* First of all, my system composes of..

Processor : Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8ghz
Video Card(s) : 3x EVGA GTX 260 216 Core Superclocked Edition
RAM : 6GB 3x2GB Corsair Dominator 1600 8-8-8-24
Motherboard : EVGA 1366 X58
PSU : Corsair HX1000w 1000w
Case : Antec Twelve Hundred w/ 7x 120mm fans 1x 200mm fan
HDD : Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7,200rpm 32MB Cache

The issue I'm having is games just playing bad. Farcry 2 crashes a lot and I'm pretty sure it's not from my CPU. I haven't been able to run any stress tests on my CPU for a long period of time but I'm almost convinced it's coming from my tri-sli setup. WoW ran flat out terrible but I changed drivers and it runs a lot better but still nothing close to what it should. Call of Duty 4 was also terrible. I've tried the latest drivers and some beta drivers I saw someone post on the forums here. Are there any special setting in BIOS or something that I need to do in order for this machine to play games the way it's suppose to? I did enable 3-way SLI in the nVidia control panel and did a fresh restart. Anyone got any ideas on what to do? Any advice would be VERY much appreciated.

-Thanks
18 answers Last reply
More about evga core
  1. most games run like crap with 3 way SLI due to drivers.

I think the only games that run decent with it is
    Crysis
    Call of Duty 4 and World at War

thats about it... take out one card and run it and if it works better return one.
  2. what we have here folks is a beta tester, how's it working out for you then, try one card see what happens, it maybe help you, figure it out
  3. Quote:
    I haven't been able to run any stress tests on my CPU for a long period of time

That is most likely you problem, regardless of what you think. If your computer isn't stable then it is going to perform like crap and crash. Thankfully there is a solution, suck it up and stress it. If it's error free then we can start worrying about everything else
  4. Agree... first of all, make this CPU stable ... after were going to speak about Game perf.

ANd yes, 3way sli can be an ISSUE but seems to be better with new I7 CPU.
  5. Try this for one, you never mentioned your OS, 3XSLI is only supported on Vista, so if you have XP start there, but that is a rather substantial CPU OC so try looking at that before blaming it on the 3XSLI.
  6. ayep. 3x SLI and quad SLI are unsupported on windows XP. if you don't have vista premium 64, get it.

if thats not the problem, try taking out the 3rd card and see what results you get with two..
  7. it could be a million things, OS, power, faulty card, drivers, incorrectly installed, or just suckage on tri sli.

In order to get it sorted out you need to make sure that the rest of your system isn't causing the problems, and limit it to just the graphics cards so we can work with them. In order to do that stress test the system and get it stable, then post back here
  8. yeah you stated 5 things not a million :lol:
  9. why would you need 3 gtx 260s?????
  10. ^if you're a folding whore? ^.^
  11. first test with 2 gtx's if works then bamb if not try to clock your cpu down a bit 3.6? if works with two then plug in three ect. try to work out this by proccess of limitation.
  12. What about power?

I vaguely remember reading that those 260's where pretty power hungry.

Something along the lines of 330w at full load.

Then the CPU... something like 150w...

I have a feeling that with tri sli on those 260's, you really need a 1200 psu. 1000's ok with a 9800gtx tri sli setup but not sure it will be enough for those 260's...
  13. 330w? sif. use a real power calculator..
  14. Got everything running stable now. OC'd the 920 to 3.8. Turned out I read the modular cable setup wrong and was mixing rails. Fixed that and played some Crysis which looked absolutely A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I'll finish installing the rest of my games tomorrow. Hopefully it's smooth sailing from here. :)
  15. Good job ;)
  16. Do you have a 60" monitor?
  17. 26" widescreen. and i dont care for your smart ass remark.
  18. hahahaha oh wow
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Gtx EVGA Core Graphics