X1900 crossfire addition HELP

hadley8899

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
I need help i have jsut brought a ati radeon x1900 crossfire addition and ive looked everywhere and all the sites i go on all say that the GPU clock should be 625 and memory should be 1.45 GHz but ati tray tools and the control centre are saying my clock speeds are 500 on the gpu and 594 on the memory is this ati tray tools reading it wrong or is it something else

My current setup is
asus p5kr
Intel 3.4 single core processor (soon to be upgraded to q6600)
Ati radeon x1900 crossfire addition
4gb of corsair ram

please help

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
ummmm.... i don't know how to help you but.... Won't you need a new mobo for the Q6600?

I'm pretty sure that your 3.4ghz single core is a Pentium... prescott on socket 478 perhaps? Or am I getting my codenames and sockets mixed up?

I think you're going to need a whole new rig.... I really don't think it matters what your current specs are for the GPU as long as 1) You are still getting good FPS in games (mind you they are older- such as HL2, or built on older engines such as L4D)

hadley8899

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
My processor is pentium 4 3.4 on socket lga 775 and according to my motherboard box it is quad core ready but i was talking to someone else about this and they said that it could be that i have PCI express 1 and version 2 is now out so your motherboard is probaly holding it back and i dont think it is power saving becuase i have been trying to overclock it for a while to get it up to 625 but it refuses and the clocks dont go up during gaming

o well i have been looking for a new motherboard any way as i am upgrading the system after christmas with my money :D

you got any good suggestions for motherboards id say my price limit will be around £100

it needs to have 1x IDE
PCI express
LGA 775 socket
and sata x2 (i cant think of a new motherboard that hasnt got sata lol)
o and 5.1 surrond sound

o yeah and thankyou for the quick reply

cheers in advance

.Hadley

hadley8899

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
Ohh right

was the x1900 made before late 2007 then ?

i am checking the GPU clocks via ati tray tools and that program that comes with ati card drivers the catalyst control centre

Cheers
Hadley and merry christmas

Plyro109

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
Okay, if you're wondering about the low clockspeeds, those're the idle clock speeds the card uses when at the desktop/running a windowed game. If you go fullscreen with a 3-d application, the clock speeds should ramp up to what's advertised.