Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Western Digital
  • Seagate
  • Dell
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
May 10, 2010 9:36:05 PM

I have a dell e310 which had two 160 gb seagate drives setup in array 0. I ran out of room in so I bought two 750 gb wd drive and tried to replace the seagate drives one at atime and had both drives installed and working but the array set them up with the same size partitions as the original seagate drives and I couldn't figure out a way to enlarge the c partition of the drives. I them removed both drives from the array. I downloaded acronics software from wd and decided to repartition one drive them copy data from one to the other them repatition the second and the copy the data back on the second drive. But after i repartitioned the first drive it restarted the sestem at the end and after that it went to blue screen and i could not get the os to boot after that. So I reinstalled one of the original seagate drives and am letting it rebuild the array 0 on one of the new drives again. If anyone has the solution I am in need of please respond I don't care if they are set up in raid or not but I need to have the drive partitioned with a more c partition space. I liked the array 0 setup and had no real issues with it until I ran out of hd space.

More about : dell e310 hard drive upgrade array

May 10, 2010 10:42:58 PM

ragtopss said:
I have a dell e310 which had two 160 GB seagate drives setup in array 0. I ran out of room so I bought two 750 GB WD drives and tried to replace the seagate drives one at a time and had both drives installed and working but the array set them up with the same size partitions as the original seagate drives and I couldn't figure out a way to enlarge the c partition of the drives. I then removed both drives from the array. I downloaded acronis software from WD and decided to repartition one drive then copy data from one drive to the other then repatition the second and then copy the data back on the second drive. But after I repartitioned the first drive it restarted the system and after that it went to blue screen and I could not get the os to boot after that. So I reinstalled one of the original seagate drives and am letting it rebuild the array 0 on one of the new drives again. If anyone has the solution I am in need of please respond. I don't care if they are set up in raid or not but I need to have the drive partitioned correctly. I liked the array 0 setup and had no real issues with it until I ran out of hd space.

m
l
May 11, 2010 7:50:23 AM

Quote:
This can be tricky.

What OS are you using?
Is this hardware or software raid?

Windows xp and I bellieve it has a raid controler so I believe hardware.
m
l
!