Reality TV show based on The Sims?

I came across this on Digital Spy website.

"EA Europe has confirmed that it is considering launching a reality TV show
based on The Sims.

The concept would merge current ideas of viewer participation in reality
TV - usually eviction or popularity telephone votes - with the absolute
control over characters' lives that players of EA's popular computer game
enjoy.

Jan Bolz, VP of marketing and sales for EA Europe told Reuters:

"One idea could be that you're controlling a family, telling them when to go
to the kitchen and when to go to the bedroom, and with this mechanism you
have gamers all over the world 'playing the show'."

At present no specific details on EA's plans are available, although Reuters
reports that the company is in talks with "several" TV production companies.

EA is currently preparing to launch the first expansion pack for The Sims 2,
University, in March. "

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds18360.html

Skeatsan''co

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 16:59:10 GMT, "Skeatsan''co"
<overthemoon@overthemoonagain.co.uk> wrote:

>I came across this on Digital Spy website.
>

>"EA Europe has confirmed that it is considering launching a reality TV show
>based on The Sims.
>
>The concept would merge current ideas of viewer participation in reality
>TV - usually eviction or popularity telephone votes - with the absolute
>control over characters' lives that players of EA's popular computer game
>enjoy.
>
>Jan Bolz, VP of marketing and sales for EA Europe told Reuters:
>
>"One idea could be that you're controlling a family, telling them when to go
>to the kitchen and when to go to the bedroom, and with this mechanism you
>have gamers all over the world 'playing the show'."
>
>At present no specific details on EA's plans are available, although Reuters
>reports that the company is in talks with "several" TV production companies.
>
>EA is currently preparing to launch the first expansion pack for The Sims 2,
>University, in March. "
>
>http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds18360.html

Sounds dreadful.

BW

"Skeatsan''co" <overthemoon@overthemoonagain.co.uk> schreef in bericht
>I came across this on Digital Spy website.
>

> "EA Europe has confirmed that it is considering launching a reality TV
> show based on The Sims.
>
> The concept would merge current ideas of viewer participation in reality
> TV - usually eviction or popularity telephone votes - with the absolute
> control over characters' lives that players of EA's popular computer game
> enjoy.
>
> Jan Bolz, VP of marketing and sales for EA Europe told Reuters:
>
> "One idea could be that you're controlling a family, telling them when to
> go to the kitchen and when to go to the bedroom, and with this mechanism
> you have gamers all over the world 'playing the show'."
>
> At present no specific details on EA's plans are available, although
> Reuters reports that the company is in talks with "several" TV production
> companies.

Hmm do they mean real people playing sims?
Well I`ll bet they gonna say "woohoo" a lot ;o)

Skeatsan''co waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose
(OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
> I came across this on Digital Spy website.
>
> "EA Europe has confirmed that it is considering launching a reality
> TV show based on The Sims.

I vote for Barbara to become program director - I can't wait to see a real
cross-dressing Mortimer.

--
--- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 20:29:50 GMT, "Ohmikeghod"
<ohmikeghod@mirthlink.net> wrote:

>Skeatsan''co waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose
>(OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
>> I came across this on Digital Spy website.
>>
>> "EA Europe has confirmed that it is considering launching a reality
>> TV show based on The Sims.
>>
>I vote for Barbara to become program director - I can't wait to see a real
>cross-dressing Mortimer.

Man, that's just sick.

-- Steve Lopez

Amen! (shudders)
This could kill the Sims!

Why don't gaming companies dabble in a little more creative outlets?
Nintendo should make a Zelda movie....and Rockstar games could releases some
Grand Theft Auto brand cars or something..
Something that isn't TELEVISION

God how I hate TV!
-shakes fists-

--
- D

"D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> Amen! (shudders)
> This could kill the Sims!
>
> Why don't gaming companies dabble in a little more creative outlets?
> Nintendo should make a Zelda movie....and Rockstar games could releases
some
> Grand Theft Auto brand cars or something..
> Something that isn't TELEVISION
>
> God how I hate TV!
> -shakes fists-
>
> --
> - D

Once upon a time there was a movie made called Super Mario Brothers and yes,
it was based on the games. It bombed too, big time, but i liked it and it
does have a following. If you have never seen it, I highly recommend it.

> <barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
> > On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 16:59:10 GMT, "Skeatsan''co"
> > <overthemoon@overthemoonagain.co.uk> wrote:
>

> > Sounds dreadful.
> >
> > BW

Oh I know about Super Mario Bros...gave me quite a chuckle..
But *everybody knows* Nintendo jumped the movie wagon a little too early
they should've waited for CGI

:)

--
- D

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 02:34:52 GMT, "D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>Oh I know about Super Mario Bros...gave me quite a chuckle..
>But *everybody knows* Nintendo jumped the movie wagon a little too early
>they should've waited for CGI

Check out Mortal Combat (the first one, not the awful sequel) for some
good dumb fun. I really like the way they animated Goro (the huge
four-armed guy). It's one of my all-time favorite "dumb" flicks.

-- Steve Lopez

Trust me, I have seen every game/kung fu movie under the sun
I remember Mortal Kombat...but more importantly do you remember the techno
mix theme song? :)

I have a friend who tortures me with it every chance he gets

--
- D

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 01:07:22 GMT, "D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>Trust me, I have seen every game/kung fu movie under the sun
>I remember Mortal Kombat...but more importantly do you remember the techno
>mix theme song? :)
>
>I have a friend who tortures me with it every chance he gets

Nah, I usually skip intro credits. I'll be sure to listen more closely
next time.

-- Steve Lopez

> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 01:07:22 GMT, "D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>
>>Trust me, I have seen every game/kung fu movie under the sun
>>I remember Mortal Kombat...but more importantly do you remember the techno
>>mix theme song? :)
>>
>>I have a friend who tortures me with it every chance he gets
>
> Nah, I usually skip intro credits. I'll be sure to listen more closely
> next time.
>
> -- Steve Lopez

No trust me...not remembering it
That's a good thing!