HD2400 Pro PCI-e Video card causing disk read error halting XP startup

nottinmatterz_2day

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
Hi. I have a ECS G31T-M motherboard running a 2.4Ghz Quad core CPU.
Here's the specs on my motherboard: http://www.ecsusa.com/ECSWebSite/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx?detailid=812&CategoryID=1&DetailName=Specification&MenuID=44&LanID=9

I am currently using onboard video, I was previously using a PCI video card with no problems.

I just bought the HD2400 Pro 256MB PCI-Express video card to use with my new 22" monitor.
First I shutdown my computer, unplugged VGA cable and put in my new graphics card and plugged in the DVI output.
I turn on my computer and it shows the regular BIOS info and loadup screen, detects my hard drives and cd-rom drives.
THen after that shows a blinking underscore partially down the screen and shortly shows:
"Disk read error
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to Restart"

I can take the card out, plugin my onboard video and it starts up fine.
In BIOS I set it to initial display PCI Express (only other option is PCI) no option to disable onboard.
I tried disabling onboard in xp then shutting down
tried uninstalling current video driver
Tried installing video drivers before putting in the card.
Tried using my WIndows XP for repair:
With the new video card in it either froze or gave me a STOP error I looked up but found no help:
SESSION3_INITIALIATION_FAILED

STOP: 0x0000006F (0xC0000020.....)

So I am not sure what is causing this problem.
At one point after installing drivers for the video card it would make it to the Windows XP loading screen but the bar would keep moving and never get past this.

All my hard drives are SATA, CD-Rom drivers are IDE.
2GB 667 DD2 Ram one stick.
both PCI bays I have items.
Never used PCI-Express cards before.

nottinmatterz_2day

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
500W power supply and it probably is on auto I can check I don't think I saw an option for it though

Some Options on right now with onboard video:

Allocate IRQ to PCI VGA: Yes
VGA Share Memory Enabled, 8MB (other option 1MB, maybe if PCI-e card is in theres other option)
DVMT/FIXED Memory: 256MB (other option 128)

Next time I'll try turnining it on with the PCI-e card and see what different options there are.