Give ur Opinion on My GAming PC

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=13844807

Gonna OC the CPU to 3Ghz

Hoping for at least 25 FPS Average in Crysis

If I missed anything feel free to speak up and say so

Speak your opinion and why you think that way!
14 answers Last reply
More about give opinion gaming
  1. Can't see what you've linked. Can you please list out what you have listed and include each individual link too (if you can)??
  2. A tad on the expensive side. I would try and build a i7 rig if your gonna spend $1300.

Heres one I slapped together that you could easily shave a few $100 off.

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=9480212
  3. Budget is only 1500
  4. And that has to include monitor
  5. * Velociraptor HD is a bit spendy. I'd rather have 2 x 1 TB HD's for less than 1 300 gb Velociraptor HD, but that is just me. Even a 640 gb AAKS WD HD is almost as fast as the VR HD and is only $70!! I'd rather take the $150 savings and put it into a better GPU, like the 4870!!
    * I'd rather have the Xigmatek s1283 CPU HSF w/retention bracket over the Zalman 9500a that you have selected. It performs better and is about the same cost too!
    * CM PSU is okay. Things I don't like are that it only comes w/2 x 6 pin PCI-e power connectors. It does have 45A on the 12v rails and is >80% efficient though. I'd prefer the Corsair 650tx, which has 52A on the 12v rail and comes with 2 x 6+2 pin PCI-e power connectors. The 8 pin (6+2pin) PCI-e power connectors are going to become standard soon, since most of the higher end GPU's now have at least 1 of them.
    * The Case is too expensive for my liking. It has $29 shipping, if bought by itself!! I'd much rather have a more manageable case that does the job well and is much cheaper. The Cooler Master 690 case is one of them that I'd consider. It's $83 shipped!!
    Cooler Master 690 without Power Supply
    Newegg's link to the CM 690 case, which has more details than the Buy.com link!
  6. I would really consider an i7...just because they are the new thing and will be upgradable, whereas 775 will not...
  7. I would still consider the s775 setup. It'll cost you less and in 2-3 years when you upgrade, you'll still probably need to upgrade the mobo too. So don't think that the i7 is the best buy to get right now. Maybe in 6 months it'll make more sense when the prices of mobo's, DDR3, and the CPU's come down to acceptable levels.
  8. Add a monitor to my second link, and you should be golden. Im sure you can get by on a old mouse and keyboard til xmas.
  9. If you buy i7 now you wont need a upgrade in 2-3 years, as it is probably atleast 2 years ahead of most software already.

People that think i7 setups are to much are nuts.

The i7 920 is less the the q9550.
    a x58 mobo is the same as a 790i or x48 and you can run sli or xfire.
    ddr3 is about the same as high end ddr2????????
    What gives?????????????????
  10. i7 920 is $295 - q6600 $190 (OC to 3-3.6 ghz)
    x58 mobo ~$220-400 - p45 mobo ($100-150)
    DDR3 4gb packs ~$115-400 - $45-100 or so
    so for CPU/mobo/4 gb's DDR3 your already at $625 or so ($350 for q6600 setup), unless you get better DDR3 than the CAS9 stuff! Yeah it's spendy compared to s775 stuff, so I'm not sure where the beef is. $300 is quite a bit of savings over the i7 build. Most people would rather save the $300 and use it for other better parts. IDK, but I don't have an extra $300 these days. The economy is in the tank and I know I've lost 15-20% of my pay over the last year, so unless you have $ bags, $300 is quite a big difference, at least to me.
  11. If your budget is $800 or less then ya.
    If your budget is $1000+ i7 is the way.

I had about every core 2 duo they made and I've had q6600s, all good stuff.

High clocked e8400s feel lots faster then the quads even @ 3.6 in most everyday stuff.

Currently I have a 4.05 e8400 and a 3.8 core i7 920. The i7 is way faster at everything. $300 for the performance you get is way worth it in my book. The i7 should be $700, good for me its not.

If your on a budget and only want one card go for the q6600 and p45.
    If your a enthusiast/gamer/productivity person get the i7 so you can run anything you want.

Today on my i7 i was streaming movies to my xbox 360, surfing web, burning dvds, running anti virus, downloading 1950KB/s on news groups, quick parring 20 files at once and unzipping them all as soon as they were done on quick par, all without a single hickup, and I was under 20%cpu usage.

you cant complain about that.
  12. Yep, if you can afford it than get it. I was just saying that if you can't afford it, than the q6600/p45/DDR2 combo is hard to beat for the $!
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming CPUs FPS Systems Product