agonzalez

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
Hi, I've been having some strange problems...
. When i turn on the power supply switch and then turn on the pc all works fine.. but when i restart or turn off the pc without turn off the power supply the pc doesnt detect the mouse (or anything in usb port)... i need to unpluged and then plug again to be recognize..

Any suggestions would be very helpful

agonzalez

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
This is the PC...

Pro: Q6600
PSU: OCZ StealthXStream / 700W / Active PFC
Mobo:MSI P7N SLI Platinum
mem: OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Platinum Dual Channel

The Voltage:

VCore: 1.26 V
Memory: 1.9 V
MCH: 1.24 V

I dont know if is ok but in the incomming voltage ...

3.3 V--> the mobo receive 3.30 V
5V ---> 4.91 V
12 V ---> 12.23 V...

I understand what you are saying and I feel like I should have an answer for you, but I'm struggling with this a bit.

Perhaps you could look in the BIOS. Look for both USB settings and power saving settings.

Your motherboard is not re-initializing the USB when you restart or start from a normal shutdown. It's expecting the devices to already be initialized apparently.
If a power saving setting was changed, this might account for it.

Your USB devices all continue to receive power while your PSU has power. This is normal. It's called the +5VSB rail, and it's there so you can wake your PC from sleep by pressing the keyboard, etc.

If this power source was bad, coming from your PSU, I could see this causing the issue.

I can also see a bad MB causing this.

And I can also see a bad BIOS setting causing this. You could try resetting your BIOS perhaps.

I feel like someone else might be able to tell you which one of these scenarios is the problem... I'm just not seeing it tonight.

agonzalez

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
thanks for your replay...

i check the bios settings and i just see only two options for usb..

1. USB controller...
2. USB Device Legacy Support.

and just have the option ENABLED/DISABLED for both...

I probe with some options...

1. restart the bios... nothing same problem......
2. Update bios.... nothing new...

The next step .... Change the psu... but i need some one that support the video card.. (8800 gtx sc)...

thanks for the help......

For a test, you don't need any large PSU. Any modern 400W should get the system running well enough to test the USB initialization.

Try experimenting with the options in your "power" or "power saving" area of your BIOS as well. Turning off S3, for instance.

agonzalez

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
Thanks for your help Proximon..

Is fixed but its really strange, first i change the psu and nothing... the same problem.. then i experimenting with the power options and nothing... then.. i restart all mobo options to default values... and nothing....

When i lost control... i see other bios version ... i flashed.... and thats all... i read the features in the bios version but nothing about the power or anything important...

So... thanks for your help....