Jakary

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
i was gonna buy the cheap antec 900 but couldnt get it before it went out of stock

but i bought the antec 1200 last night :D

dptazzz

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
Just a note on this case.

Its huge, weighs a ton, and, oh yea,, its huge... sometimes, even in cases, there is " too big". Unless you need space for 8 HD's, you dont gain any external bays over the 900, there just isnt enough good extra here to buy this over the 900. Yes, I have both.

Here was my main gripe. I had to buy power supply extension cords to reach my CPU connector. It wasnt long enough. Even if I didnt run a crossfire set up, it still wasnt long enough. Yes, I have a full sized ATX MB< an ASUS Maximuss II, so if you use a tiny board, you wont worry.
Oh, and if you are using a tiny board, what the H**L are you doing buying this thing ??? just kidding. Yes, lots n lots of fans. So does the 900. Lots of space, again, 900. room for everything. again, 900... see a theme ?

If you have a huge video card set up ( I do )< EITHER will do. If you run 3 HD's, 2 DVD's, extra card reader, ,, EITHER will do.
I didnt have a cord length issue in my 900, SLI card set up, full size Gigabyte MB with PS connection in about the same spot.
The 1200 is DUH, taller, they move the connectors up just enough for the MB to make it not a stretch, but impossible, if you have a full size board.
Fans,,, noisy,, but not a huge issue with me, about the exact same as my 900. my 900 runs JUST as cool as this system, both have CPU coolers I bought specifically because I can direct the CPU cooler fan right at the exhaust fans, top or rear ( in both cases, its no different ). So I pretty much wasted money getting this honker of a case. The 900 will be fine with 95% of main builders.

If building a server case,,,,, there ya go... oh, and the cable routing system,, it works, but, come on ANTEC, you couldnt make the thing 3/8" wider and make it genuinely accessible for any cable you want to run behind the MB back ??

Measure twice,,, cut once......