What motherboard to get?

uzumakiexe

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
I have an HP Pavilion a6614f.
I shot my motherboard while trying to install a 9800 Nvidia grachips card. (stupid me)
I just want a new motherboard that has is like the old one that came in it, but I have no clue what to look for.
I need something with the PCI express 2.0 to put the graphics card in and it has to be compatible with my AMD quad-core processor.

Any suggestion? I'm trying to keep the budget under...$100, but if I must, then I can go over.
Thanks.

HP's info http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...35&lc=en&dlc=tr&cc=tr&lang=tr&product=3820307 says your motherboard is an Asus M2N68-LA. I couldn't find any for sale, but you could call HP.

OTOH, the specs for the motherboard are listed in detail by HP. I'm not familiar with AMD stuff, but it would seem the ASRock N68PV-GS AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 7050 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail available at Newegg for <$50 is an adequate match.

Good luck.

For the hp, if you use a non hp motherboard, you'll need a dell oem cd for your hp software. The hp copy of windows is usually proprietary, meaning it'll only work with a geniune hp board. To get around this, you'll need to order a dell windows cd for around $16 shipped at online venders listed at pricewatch under "operating system". It's cheaper than buying a geniune hp motherboard, but you'll have to do a fresh windows install and activate windows with the coa sticker number on your case.

uzumakiexe

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009