Your question

Runtime error

Last response: in Windows XP
May 2, 2011 11:14:23 PM

Hello,how to fix a runtime error?

More about : runtime error

May 3, 2011 11:15:30 AM

That rather depends on the error!
If you can let us know what program you are trying to run, what error message appears and what OS (Windows version) you are running, someone might be better able to help.
m
l
May 10, 2011 11:12:57 PM

cb001 said:
That rather depends on the error!
If you can let us know what program you are trying to run, what error message appears and what OS (Windows version) you are running, someone might be better able to help.

Dear CB001,

Thank you for trying to help. I use Windows XP home edition, 2003 version.
This is the message that comes up in a box every time I open the computer:

Runtime Error!
D:\ProgramFiles\Fighters\SPAMfighters\sfagent.exe

As far as I can make out the Spam Fighter that is in my Outlook Express is doing its job free. I am reluctant to clear it out for fear of getting even more unsolicited emails than I'm getting now. During the trial period it was magnificent! If the advice is to clear it out, does anyone know of a free program that that fights spam?

I have used Microsoft's recommended procedure with Disk Cleanup which is in Accessories' Systems Tools, but the runtime message did not budge.

If I should be giving more info. re this problem, please tell me what it is.

BW, Lizzy Ann
m
l
Related resources
May 11, 2011 4:00:38 AM

Most of the time when a person has a runtime error it's more than likely Java is far out of date. http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp

On the other hand the others that rely on it is .net framework which can be updated via Windows Updates. It's recommended to update to at least framework 3.5
m
l
May 11, 2011 7:27:34 AM

this is repair the runtime errors Internet Explorer,because this kind of error messages don't apply to you, therefore, you can stop it appear. Therefore, please in Internet Explorer in accordance with the following steps operation:

Click "tool" button, and then click "Internet options". Or press the ALT key + T, then press the O button.
In "Internet options dialog box, click the advanced TAB.
Click to select the "disable script debugging (Internet Explorer)" and "disable script debugging (other)" check box, and then click to remove "shows each script errors notice" checkbox.
m
l
!