Amd Athlon II x3 435 to Phenom II x4 B35 Help!!

xtremelynoob

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Hi, this is my first post and I'm new to this, so I apologize :S

I have no idea how to unlock and overclock my processor to the 4th core. I would greatly appreciate it if someone helped me out.
My BIOS is CMOS Utility Setup

My MOBO is:

MSI NF750-G55

Thanks for your help everyone ! :)

Hmm. I thought that Athlon II X3 435 could only be unlocked into an Athlon II X4 635, unless it was from a batch which were actually Phenom II X4s with disabled L3 cache and one core...

Anyways, I don't know how to overclock AMD CPUs, but I know that to unlock them, you need ACC (Advanced Clock Calibration) which is a feature on the SB710 and SB750 AMD southbridges, but your board is based on the nVidia nForce 750a SLI chipset, which means that you'd have to try and use NCC - nVidia Core Calibration, which doesn't work at the moment in terms of unlocking cores, but possibly future BIOS updates may make NCC able to unlock cores/cache.

xtremelynoob

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
I have a xigmatek HDT S1283
I want to put it into use but I can't because my bios doesn't allow me to unlock my AMD. The only hope I have left is overclocking. Any help?? Thanks for the reply though, Shub! =D

What? What does unlocking the cpu have to do with employing the Xigmatek cooler???

Look, put the aftermarket cooler on your cpu before any attempts are made to oc. Follow the link that you were given and READ everything before attempting to OC. THAT is the help, ok?

discboy321

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
Hey "xtremelynoob" I just built my 1st pc with a "Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H" and a "Amd Athlon 2 x3 435 Rana 2.9ghz Processor". I used the tool from Gigabyte "Easytune6" two clicks and a reboot and I have a stable 4th core which now tells me its a "AMD PHENOM 2 X4 B35 2.9GHZ 4 CORES"

Check my sig for details, but my 3.5Ghz is stable and I only have stock hs and fan on it, plus an added 80mm fan mounted on a template on top of that, coolings not even an issue, good luck woth your clocking adventures Extremelynoob :) and welcome to a dangerous hobby hehe :)

hvanpelt

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010

hasn't MSI included you an unlock-cd?
Asus did at me, but i have the Phenom II X4 965 and didnt need that one,
but back to o'c AMD is pretty simple to overclock look in your BIOS for multiplier.
i got my Phenom II X4 965@ 4.0 ghz once.
if you crash your bios look on your motherboard for an jumper or battery.