I just bought a Asus P5Q motherboard. I have had a nVidia GeForce 7900 GS OC for a while now. I plugged that video card into the motherboard along with the proper power connections and I get no video. I also get no beeps for any hardware error but I believe that is because the P5Q does not come with an internal PC speaker (I am working on getting one). Steps I have attempted and have failed to turn a result:
1. Tried a different video card (PCI video card).
2. Removed the heatsink/fan unit and cleaned, double checked everything processor related is installed correctly.
3. Tried 2 different brands of RAM in all slots, one by one.
4. Reset the CMOS multiple times.
5. Taken the motherboard out of the case, plugged everything up again (testing for a short by touching the case).
Some places have recommended updating the BIOS, but I am not familiar with how to do that with no video...?
I am fresh out of ideas, any help would be great!!!
Yes, the ATX and the CPU ATX are both plugged in. I did try another PSU...no dice. I was able to find an internal speaker so I connected it up and no sounds came out. I thought maybe the speaker was bad so I took out all sticks of RAM and it beeped just like it should. So now we have no video plus no sounds. I am thinking there is something wrong with the motherboard. I guess my next step would be to call Asus support...do you agree? More then likely I am probably going to have to RMA this thing.