Sign in with
Your question

No video on ASUS P5Q

Last response: in Motherboards
April 4, 2009 2:18:12 PM

Hello all,

I just bought a Asus P5Q motherboard. I have had a nVidia GeForce 7900 GS OC for a while now. I plugged that video card into the motherboard along with the proper power connections and I get no video. I also get no beeps for any hardware error but I believe that is because the P5Q does not come with an internal PC speaker (I am working on getting one). Steps I have attempted and have failed to turn a result:

1. Tried a different video card (PCI video card).
2. Removed the heatsink/fan unit and cleaned, double checked everything processor related is installed correctly.
3. Tried 2 different brands of RAM in all slots, one by one.
4. Reset the CMOS multiple times.
5. Taken the motherboard out of the case, plugged everything up again (testing for a short by touching the case).

Some places have recommended updating the BIOS, but I am not familiar with how to do that with no video...?

I am fresh out of ideas, any help would be great!!!

Thanks,

-Jon-

More about : video asus p5q

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 235 V Motherboard
April 5, 2009 4:18:25 AM

If a PCI card does work, then your problem is more basic. Are both the ATX and CPU ATX power connectors plugged in? Did you try another PSU? Connecting a speaker will most likely be helpful.
April 5, 2009 1:17:09 PM

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, the ATX and the CPU ATX are both plugged in. I did try another PSU...no dice. I was able to find an internal speaker so I connected it up and no sounds came out. I thought maybe the speaker was bad so I took out all sticks of RAM and it beeped just like it should. So now we have no video plus no sounds. I am thinking there is something wrong with the motherboard. I guess my next step would be to call Asus support...do you agree? More then likely I am probably going to have to RMA this thing.

-Jon-
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 235 V Motherboard
April 5, 2009 1:42:37 PM

I agree with you.
!