Nzxt Tempest+Help!!

Cheese-kun

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
So I currrently have a NZXT Tempest case and am planning on upgrading. I was thinking of the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme or the TRUE or even the Tuniq Tower as my new heatsink. My only concern is... will it fit?!?!?!? Yes it all comes down to "Will it fit". I am also planning to get 2 gtx 260s and am quite confident it will fit, but just to make sure, will it fit?

NZXT Tempest
[strike]Will it fit??[/strike]
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
Thermalright TRUE
Tuniq Tower 120
CM V8? Thou i doubt it, the things HUGE.
GTX 260 x2

The NZXT Tempest is a large version of a mid-tower ATX case.

The dimensions are: 22 inches x 8.3 inches x 20.5 inches:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146047&Tpk=NZXT%20Tempest

Since the width of the case is 8.3 inches it can accomodate the large tower style cpu heatsinks.

The depth of the case is 20.5 inches. The hard drive cage is oriented in a front to back configuration. With hard drives installed it requires 6.5 inches. The larger modern video cards are about 11 inches long. Even allowing for cables there is room for GTX 260 video cards.

Cheese-kun

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
Thanks. But i read that it wouldnt fit the TRUE, the v8 and the ultra 120 extreme. But i guess i really have to check it out myself.

Over at newegg in the user reviews for the pc case, there are two posters indicating their ThermalRight 120's and large video cards fit in the case. That coincides with the dimensions of the case which are definitely larger than a typical mid-tower case. The case is closer to a full tower case.

What is the link to the source of your information?

rav3n

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
Has anyone heard of a problem regarding a psu's 4/8 pin cpu cord not being able to reach the plug on the motherboard? I am getting this case and am concerned that i will be wasting money if this is true. Check out the problem here http://www.umart.com.au/pro/products_review.phtml?id=10&bid=5&id2=139&sid=32090

You will not be wasting money unless you purchase a cheap, low quality psu with short cables. Manufacturer's of cheap psu's take shortcuts. That includes short cables.

High quality psu's such as Seasonic, Corsair, and PC Power & Cooling have cables of sufficient length for your pc case. All three brands earn consistently high marks in technical reviews and comparisons. The three brands are the ones most often recommended buy veterans at this forum.

I have a Corsair power supply in my CoolerMaster HAF 932 case which is a huge beast. It's larger than your case. The psu is mounted in the bottom. The 8 pin power cable runs behind the motherboard tray up to the 8 pin header at the top of the motherboard. No problem. I did not need to purchase an extension cable.

Even if you purchased a cheap, low quality psu with short cables, you could also purchase an 8 inch extension cable:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812200124

rav3n

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009

Thanks for the reply, helped me alot.

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Nice name OP. The Antec 900 fits the Xigmatek HDT-s1283 which is a bit taller than the TRUE, and the Antec 900 is 8.2" wide. I also believe the Tempest's motherboard tray is a bit more recessed than the 900's.