New 4830 Not listed as a Device on my PC.

harlequin6791

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
I was wondering if anyone has any insight to my problem?

Working system specs:
Opt 175
dvd drive
2gigs ram
200gig hdd
7800gt
asus a8n-vm csm mobo
Enermax 400w Liberty

I just recently purchased a Powercolor 4830 to replace my 7800gt. I've removed all the drivers and did a sweep. I updated the bios as well for the mobo. However when I install the new 4830 card into my pc it boots but the card isn't recognized at all. The IGP kicks in and runs off of that. There's no way to add the card manually.

I know the PCIE slot is working because I put my 7800gt back in and it's fine. I know the 4830 says it requires a 450w but I only have a opty and hdd sucking power from a very steady psu. Many sites say a 400w is sufficient. Besides wouldn't it still post but just lack capability?

I was curious if anyone else has had similar problems with the 4830 or possibly the asus mobo that I have? Any help would be appreciated. I'm trying to extend the life of my pc til next year and don't want to shell out extra dough currently.

harlequin6791

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
I did uninstall everything. I had to reinstall my nforce drivers for the mobo. Then I installed the ati drivers. However it wasn't showing on the device manager still. I'll have to try it again when I get home. I've done the clean install a couple times now with no luck

Anyone else have the same problems?

harlequin6791

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
Anyone else have any suggestions? I still haven't had any luck with getting this card working on my system. It's not recognized at all on my Device Manager. I've done driver cleanings and gone through safe modes with no luck. Am I missing something?