Revenge of the gardners

Never seen before.
Sim family (mom, dad, and tot) moved into a house. Finished furnishing.
Dad found a job, called for the maid service and the gardening service. Mom
was snuggling and playing with the tot. Decided to keep her home until the
toddler grew up.
Dad left for work. The maid came and was on her way out when the gardner
showed up - not one but 32 in one truck!!! And they moved in, playing
games, watching TV, sitting around the table. None of them were doing any
gardening. Had to quit the house, move the family out and start again.
I've seen one gardener show up and spend the day inside the house. Once in
a while two nannys will come, but never this.
-ned

Sounds odd to me.... I thought there was a limit to how many sims are
ingame at a time. I would recommend you package these annomolies so
others can play with them :)

Nanci Donacki wrote:
> Never seen before.
> Sim family (mom, dad, and tot) moved into a house. Finished furnishing.
> Dad found a job, called for the maid service and the gardening service. Mom
> was snuggling and playing with the tot. Decided to keep her home until the
> toddler grew up.
> Dad left for work. The maid came and was on her way out when the gardner
> showed up - not one but 32 in one truck!!! And they moved in, playing
> games, watching TV, sitting around the table. None of them were doing any
> gardening. Had to quit the house, move the family out and start again.
> I've seen one gardener show up and spend the day inside the house. Once in
> a while two nannys will come, but never this.
> -ned

How could your computer handle 32 Sims plus the ones in the house??
Seems to me your game would be reduced to a slide show.

--
--Cuth

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
> Nanci Donacki wrote:
>> Never seen before.
>> Sim family (mom, dad, and tot) moved into a house. Finished
>> furnishing. Dad found a job, called for the maid service and the
>> gardening service. Mom was snuggling and playing with the tot.
>> Decided to keep her home until the toddler grew up.
>> Dad left for work. The maid came and was on her way out when the
>> gardner showed up - not one but 32 in one truck!!! And they moved
>> in, playing games, watching TV, sitting around the table. None of
>> them were doing any gardening. Had to quit the house, move the
>> family out and start again. I've seen one gardener show up and
spend
>> the day inside the house. Once in a while two nannys will come,
but
>> never this. -ned
>
> How could your computer handle 32 Sims plus the ones in the house??
> Seems to me your game would be reduced to a slide show.

This is apparently the cause of the slow down bug. You get all those
many gardeners (or NPCs) on your lot, only they are invisible. But
they still slow down the game.

If you want you can see something similar because I believe there is a
testing cheat which invites all the townies over at once. They all
line up in rows like soldiers. But they will move eventually.

"Nanci Donacki" wrote in message

> Never seen before.
> Sim family (mom, dad, and tot) moved into a house. Finished furnishing.
> Dad found a job, called for the maid service and the gardening service.
> Mom was snuggling and playing with the tot. Decided to keep her home
> until the toddler grew up.
> Dad left for work. The maid came and was on her way out when the gardner
> showed up - not one but 32 in one truck!!! And they moved in, playing
> games, watching TV, sitting around the table. None of them were doing any
> gardening. Had to quit the house, move the family out and start again.
> I've seen one gardener show up and spend the day inside the house. Once
> in a while two nannys will come, but never this.
> -ned

I've heard of this bug a few times, scary stuff!! lol

~ jo

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269

"Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message

> This is apparently the cause of the slow down bug. You get all those
> many gardeners (or NPCs) on your lot, only they are invisible. But
> they still slow down the game.
>
> If you want you can see something similar because I believe there is a
> testing cheat which invites all the townies over at once. They all
> line up in rows like soldiers. But they will move eventually.

Yes! The did line up in rows like soldiers behind the truck and when they
moved marched in a line! Weird. I actually did let it run for a bit, just
to see what was going on, and then just had to power off the computer. The
movement was either jerky, like slow motion flip cards or a quick spat of
energy - kind of like jumping.
I have had the game slow up when the NPC's all show up at once in a house
with 5 Sims and friends over. Usually you can handle that by saying goodbye
to everyone. But this was just way too much to handle. I'm not even sure
if some of the gardners were clones or all different.
Thanks, but I don't think I want to try a testing cheat that will invite all
the townies over.
-ned