Cloning

Is it possible if someone has a system the same as mine that that has been overclocked that I could get information that would allow me to use their information to overclock my system.

I really dont have any knowledge of hardware and what it takes to overclock. I tried to do it myself at one time and really messed up my computer. I know people say it is easy but not for me. I would really like to overclock my system to improve my FSX program.

My computer info is available if you tell me what you need to know.

Larry
4 answers Last reply
More about cloning
  1. Every component is different. Even two of the same processors will need different settings to achieve the same speeds when overclocking. However, you could try the settings from another computer and it is possible that it would work for your system as well.
  2. Post your system specs and we will see what we can do.
  3. My System

Gigabyte GA-EX38-DS4 LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core | nforce 8800 GTS KO ACS3 w/ 640MB nvidia driver 196.21| freezer 7 pro|
    2 mushkin 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 |1 Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 700GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA | 1.Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB4.09.00.0904
    (DirectX 9.0c)| Windows XP Professional |

Below is a comment by a friend about his CPU which is the same as mine but has different components, so I have the potential but not the knowledge.

"My plan is to stick with my E8500 (its now water cooled and running at 4.5GHz)."

Larry
  4. Others having the same CPU can tell you what is the maximum they achieved. One's max may differ with the other so you have to accept there will be variance there. It depends on the CPU itself as well as on the board it is sitting on.

But I read and even experienced that even if you have advice from someone who have identical components as to what setting he have to achieve a certain overclock, you can not copy it right away. You have to build the OC slowly from the stock value until the max OC as the board needs to adjust its auto settings as well.

Again, depending on your components, you may not reach the OC others have achieve but on the otherhand, you may even exceed it. So you just have to try and enjoy the process while you are at it.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Computer