P5GC-MX 1333 overclocking

tommyrocket

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Hello,is there any way to unlock the vcore in this motherboard? I want to overclock this but it's max is 200mhz on intel core 2 duo @ 2.2ghz, and it only goes as high as 220 frequency...help?

I posted this on the asus forums, but I'll post it here too.

To start, here's some of my system specifications:

Windows XP Profession SP3 32 Bit (normal)
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.2GHz CPU
2 GB DDR 2 RAM @ 333 MHz (Because of the motherboard holding it back)

NVidia 9500GT (Galaxy Manufacturer) GPU

P5GC-MX/1333 Motherboard now just updated to 0413 Bios version.

Now here's the problem with overclocking. I can't get it to go up much because there is no setting in the bios to change vcore voltages. I'm sure there's a mod to unlock that, and I'd like someone to post that here if you please. Also with my RAM, I need to know how much it might be able to handle, and currently the default bios settings hold the ram back to 333 mhz, which is seriously low and a big hit on performance. I want to get the best out of this system, and I hope to get my cpu up to 3.0 GHz, which others have told me it could easily reach.

I have the JumperFree configuration, which can edit CPU Frequency, DRAM Frequency, and PCI-E (90-150) settings, and maybe a few more.

The thing is, though, there is no VCore setting, like I said before! So I can only get up to 220 in the CPU frequency, and I'm not sure if that was too stable or not, as I got half-second freezes or stutters sometimes. And the DRAM mhz seems to pose no difference in performance of the memory or anything like that.

So yeah, as I've stated above, I'd enjoy a modified bios that has vcore settings and more hopefully unlocked for changes to overclock my system to it's best. Maybe some pointers and settings recommendations based on my system should do too.

tommyrocket

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
So I've read, it's possible to get the RAM out of the way, and focus on the CPU as the main part. And since it's a dual core, the 1:1 ratio thing should work, right?

This is the confusing part for me. Since my motherboard doesn't have a whole lot of options, or they are renamed to something different...meaning something could be the same as other boards but with a different name, like my spread spectrum name (forgot what it was).

Anyways, do you think I should try a modded BIOS, or is that too dangerous? How do I unlink the DRAM frequency and CPU?

EDIT-
I read something interesting, and it said you can press + on the gray text, I might try it.

cream27426

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010
so i dont know if your still on this or still running the same board but i had the same problem every place i read said use the 1:1 ratio wrong u have to change ur ram timings and it switched me to a 3:4 ratio flys now with cpu-z validation {edit}oh and just in case ur worried im on stock cooling using q fan control in performance mode and this old hp case barely wispers 42deg c idle and about 46-48 deg c with load depending on app