Cannot remove directory

Recently I attempted to install a new hard-drive into my XP pro system. I
found some info on the web that gave instructions on transfering all of my
XP system files from my old hard-drive on to the new one, then at the very
end of the process, typing "sys c:\" to transfer the boot files. well, it
obviously didn't work right, so I just kept the old hard-drive intact and
used the new on as a slave. I now have a folder on my new drive that has all
of the XP folders on it, but they are all empty. I cannot delete them, move
them, rename or anything else. I keep receving errors about security,
trying to access to allowed. any ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot remove directory

    Great instructions for making sure XP can't boot. It for 9x. There is no sys in XP.

    Type taking ownership in help.

    http://www.g2mil.com/Dec2003.htm
    "Ingit" <ingoloid@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23CvhLE5GEHA.2408@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > Recently I attempted to install a new hard-drive into my XP pro system. I
    > found some info on the web that gave instructions on transfering all of my
    > XP system files from my old hard-drive on to the new one, then at the very
    > end of the process, typing "sys c:\" to transfer the boot files. well, it
    > obviously didn't work right, so I just kept the old hard-drive intact and
    > used the new on as a slave. I now have a folder on my new drive that has all
    > of the XP folders on it, but they are all empty. I cannot delete them, move
    > them, rename or anything else. I keep receving errors about security,
    > trying to access to allowed. any ideas?

Configuration Hard Drives Windows XP