Silverstone Case

nightelite

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
I'm trying to decide on a computer case. The brands I'm looking at are Lian-Li and Silverstone. Anyone have any opinion on the Silverstone FT01? Right now it's between this and the Lian A6010B.

Ancient_1

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
It is a nice case but has a couple things that you should know. It will not fit a MB larger than ATX (a board like the rampage 2 will not fit), if you use the SATA adapters in the drive cages the wiring gets tough to hide (I have all seven installed and it bows my side cover). Also if your board has the forward pointing sata ports they can be a pain to connect.

For a case this size it isn't the easiest to clean up all the wiring even tho the HD cabling is pretty much hidden by default. The main thing I do like is that like my Lian Li A05B the main intake fan blows directly onto my HS (only about 1/2~3/4" away) which will give nice cpu temps.

nightelite

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
The MB I'm looking at right now is a M4A79 Deluxe so I don't think this will be a problem. This setup is going to be fairly simple, only three drives and I plan on removing one hard drive assembly to increase the airflow through the case...hopefully that works. One graphics card, modular psu, not many extras, I'm thinking this will prevent most wiring problems...

In comparison the A6010B is a simpler design. Just hard to find any info on it which is why I'm leaning towards the silverstone.

I guess I'm just hesitant as I've always went with cheap, hard to work with cases. :)

I went over to newegg and took a look at the photos. The Silverstone FT01 has a little more room:

Silverstone FT01 dimensions: 19.5 inches x 8.3 inches x 19.2 inches

Lian Li A05B dimensions: 8.26 inches x 15 inches x 19.3 inches

GEE! I thought I was the only one who removed hard drive cages to improve airflow.

nightelite

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
Yeah, I think I've pretty much decided on the Silverstone FT01 (even though you were looking at the wrong Lian case (A6010B is the one)...though now I have to wait for the deal to get better on newegg again (it went up last week) or go somewhere else; wierd that newegg is one of the most expensive right now.. :(

Ancient_1

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
When I bought mine Directron was $25 cheaper and was also $30 cheaper on the re3 drives I got even tho it cost an extra 30 to ship the drives I still saved about $100 by splitting my order.

I just looked and it seems they are out of all of them. I know I got the last BW but they still had the B model left which was $194 and my BW was $204.