2 Win XP sessions on Desktop & Laptop

jpb

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Hello

I have one desktop where WinXP+Office03 run, and 2 users profiles. Il also have a laptop with Win2000, linked by network to the desktop.

Instead of shifting permanently between sessions on my desktop when user2 wants to use the PC, is it possible that User 2 runs its desktop environment and use it through & on its laptop, so User1&2 could work at the same time, on their own sessions.

Thanks for your help and the how of doing it if possible

Best regards

JPB

G

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

No. It's designed to prevent that. You only paid for 1 x XP.

--
----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.g2mil.com/Dec2003.htm
"JPB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51753CC2-594C-485F-8053-E521A52E84EB@microsoft.com...
> Hello
>
> I have one desktop where WinXP+Office03 run, and 2 users profiles. Il also have a laptop with Win2000, linked by network to the desktop.
>
> Instead of shifting permanently between sessions on my desktop when user2 wants to use the PC, is it possible that User 2 runs its desktop environment and use it through & on its laptop, so User1&2 could work at the same time, on their own sessions.
>
> Thanks for your help and the how of doing it if possible
>
> Best regards
>
> JPB

G

You can do it on Server but not workstation.

--
----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.g2mil.com/Dec2003.htm
"JPB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51753CC2-594C-485F-8053-E521A52E84EB@microsoft.com...
> Hello
>
> I have one desktop where WinXP+Office03 run, and 2 users profiles. Il also have a laptop with Win2000, linked by network to the desktop.
>
> Instead of shifting permanently between sessions on my desktop when user2 wants to use the PC, is it possible that User 2 runs its desktop environment and use it through & on its laptop, so User1&2 could work at the same time, on their own sessions.
>
> Thanks for your help and the how of doing it if possible
>
> Best regards
>
> JPB

TRENDING THREADS