AMD athlon x2 7750 at 2.7ghz to 3ghz, First timer needs advice

_YOGI

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
uhmm hello... first of all sorry for my English.
and I'm not at my home atm.. so few is a bit inaccurate.. this just based on my memory in my head x.x
so after I've been running around here and read some thread about overclock.. i decided to oc my PC.
I use AMD athlon x2 7750 at 2.7ghz
AMD 780G Chipset (if I'm not mistaken haha) black series
with onboard vga HD3200
ram 3 gigs
power suply 380w (?)
AMD fan.
bios american megatrends

I oc'ed my cpu with multiplier 15x (if I'm not mistaken again) now into 3ghz in 1.400v
when idle, the temps is circa 28-35*C
and when I use for extensive programs it could reach for about 52*C

before, I tried to oc it into 3.2ghz 1.500v and the gfx for gpu to 650 and it caused BSOD, disoriented screen and the bios won't even load until i place/replace the jumper and when i touched the northbridge (idk what it was but after i googled it.. i'm assuming that it's something on my MOBO with AMD written on it bellow my cpu and amd fan)and the northbgidge was so hot... not burning hot... just hot x.x.. for three times x.x

and this conclude to the first question,
what have happened to my MOBO, will it shorten my cpu's life?

and then.. with 3ghz in 1.400v
when idle, the temps is circa 28-35*C
and when I use for extensive programs it could reach for about 52*C
is that good or not?
i think it's stable so far.. but i dont have any friends who OC their PC.. so i dont know where to turn to.

by what you read above, do i need extra fan? because i'm using one... but I use a conventional big fan for my room , I open the CPU and let my fan blows the cpu =_=
it does help though.. A LOT hahaha ~_~

if i do need to, do i need to buy a new power supply too?

and until now, i've been looking up in google..
i still dont know how to permanently overclock my gpu or vga...
I try using ATITool 2.6... it seems like t doesnt support my win7.. or something x_X
and yeah the last question is how to overclock my gpu or vga?

and the next question.. probably later when i found some troubles again ( i hope not!)

so please.. puhlease.. gimme an answer or advice about this :)

First things first, 28 to 35C isn't a bad temp. Without load, and 52 is pretty normal with load. So your temps are fine, extreme ocing is going to shorten the life of your proc if it is not well cooled, and if you increase the voltages for too much time to a value higher than your proc can take, again, it's going to fry or life spans going to go short.
Since you don't use a GPU card (PCIe) and use the onboard one, that power is sufficient.
But you cannot OC the gpu too much it's a limited thing since it's onboard and pretty much dependent on all the other stuff on the board.
The max I think what you can do is increase the shared memory.
So keep it running at 3Ghz if it's stable there and don't worry about it.
If you plan to go any the higher, you'll certainly need a third party HSF.
and a little tweaking here and there.....