geolor

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
We are using a Mac 6500/275 for only a few things up until last week it printed fine. We had work done on our HP laserjet 4050 TN, they had to replace a lot of parts, he said it was routine on a printer we had used this long. After that the Mac would not print to the printer. The printer itself is networked but the Mac is not and as I said before we never had a problem. Could it be when the parts were replaced that it went bac to Factory Default and something needs to be changed? I have read the manual for the printer and it has the Configure choice and it can be on AUTO, PCL or PS. What is the difference and is this what needs to be changed.

Thanks

Mondoman

Splendid
PCL and PS are the two printer "languages" the printer supports. Oversimplifying a bit, PCL is used by Windows computers to send info to the printer, and PS (Postscript) is used by Macs to send info to the printer. "AUTO" setting should automatically detect what type is being used, but it wouldn't hurt to try setting it to "PS".

Your idea about a reset to defaults as a result of the repairs/swaps makes sense.

geolor

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
Thank you for the help.

One more thing.

I need a cable for this. It is a Mac 6500/275 and the printer is an HP laserjet 4050 TN.

What cable do I need to connect this.

thanks

Mondoman

Splendid
Whatever cable you used before should still work OK. Not sure what ports your Mac or printer have, but the HP and/or Apple web sites should be able to help you out.