victorian sims

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

they actually have brilliant clothes for smartly dressed elders too!

~ jo

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269

> they actually have brilliant clothes for smartly dressed elders too!
>
> ~ jo
>
> http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
> "hangover_girl" <hangovergirl@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
>> If anyone is looking for Victorian sims outfits for sims 2, there are
>> some great ones here :)
>>
>> http://www.all-about-style.com/victorian.html
>>

>> ~ jo
>>
>> http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269

Thank you for this link.
I do not normally download many clothes for my sims.
This site completely changed my sim's wardrobe.

"hangover_girl" <hangovergirl@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
> they actually have brilliant clothes for smartly dressed elders too!
>
> ~ jo

Oh, disaster!!! I mean, I am horribly choosy about downloads. Not because I
thing the quality isn't amazing in most of them but I just feel that I don't
need them.

Not this time!! Every Victorian zip has been grabbed. I have been sitting
here for AGES!
The Baker Street Gang and Moriarty Mob will ride again!

Some of the skins are very clever, the way they have adapted them to suit a
Victorian shape.
Beautiful site.

Granny.

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:35:38 +1100, "hangover_girl"
<hangovergirl@dodo.com.au> wrote:

>If anyone is looking for Victorian sims outfits for sims 2, there are some
>great ones here :)
>
>http://www.all-about-style.com/victorian.html

And in the free section of TSR today, there are some Victorian-style
hairstyles with sausage curls.

BW

Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

<barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:35:38 +1100, "hangover_girl"
> <hangovergirl@dodo.com.au> wrote:
>
>>If anyone is looking for Victorian sims outfits for sims 2, there are some
>>great ones here :)
>>
>>http://www.all-about-style.com/victorian.html
>
> And in the free section of TSR today, there are some Victorian-style
> hairstyles with sausage curls.
>
> BW
Does anyone know where to get _grey_ hairstyles rather than white for
elders?
I've seen some of the models with grey... I'd like to have the elders not
look all the same with the very white hair. Some is ok but in RL everyone
doesn't get pure white hair, just the lucky ones in my opinion.
Sage

yeah there are some fabulous outfits here... I was especially happy to find
the classy stuff for elders as my sims have style!!!

> yeah there are some fabulous outfits here... I was especially happy to
> find the classy stuff for elders as my sims have style!!!
>
> ~ jo

I sometimes wonder if there is any point at all in introducing a bit of
class into the game.
Threw up a posh clothes shop in Victorian style. Only two downstairs rooms.
Upstairs a few toilets, food-table and washing up machine room and a long
balcony with nice round tables and posh chairs.
Buy your nice dresses and long underwear then sip a cup of Earl Grey and
nibble on a cucumber sandwich?
The place reeks with class.

Snag. No Suitable Sims to test-drive it yet so I sent Milhouse and his
parents.
What a fiasco! The shop was running with children who decided as nothing
else was on offer they would play cops and robbers. The adults stood about
and argued with each other or told dirty jokes. I sent mummy to serve the
food.
It was feeding time in the Monkey House. 8(((

Decided to change the name from just 'Posh Shop' to 'Herrods.'
Why aren't those kids in school at eleven in the morning on a Tuesday?

Granny CA.

I know what you mean - my granny had pure white hair. I seem to have her
hair so we'll see.

Sorry - that was useless as a response but I'm looking forward to it you
understand.

Best wishes
Maxon

"Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

> Does anyone know where to get _grey_ hairstyles rather than white for
> elders?
> I've seen some of the models with grey... I'd like to have the elders not
> look all the same with the very white hair. Some is ok but in RL everyone
> doesn't get pure white hair, just the lucky ones in my opinion.
> Sage

Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

Not useless at all... I think pure white hair is beautiful, problem is, not
many get it. You're lucky if you do. I have a mixture all over, mostly on
top/back... wierd!
Sage

> Not useless at all... I think pure white hair is beautiful, problem is,
> not many get it. You're lucky if you do. I have a mixture all over, mostly
> on top/back... wierd!
> Sage

Snap!! Like a badger?
Handy if I wanted to rob a bank. From the front looks grey. From the back
looks dark.

My mother, dark, coarse hair, curlyish, had a perfecy white front flash that
appeared in her late twenties. She hated it.
I waited eagerly for my own flash.. My hair finer, lighter, just wavyish.
I was still waiting when I hit fifty. Then the whole of the front bits went
all at once.
Disgusted of Cheltenham.

The elder Sims don;t have their own hair colour map, do they? Can't recall
seeing one. Shame that. I have got a Lady Sim with a white front wave
though. 8)

Granny.

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 22:42:44 GMT, "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

><barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:35:38 +1100, "hangover_girl"
>> <hangovergirl@dodo.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>>If anyone is looking for Victorian sims outfits for sims 2, there are some
>>>great ones here :)
>>>
>>>http://www.all-about-style.com/victorian.html
>>
>> And in the free section of TSR today, there are some Victorian-style
>> hairstyles with sausage curls.
>>
>> BW
>Does anyone know where to get _grey_ hairstyles rather than white for
>elders?
>I've seen some of the models with grey... I'd like to have the elders not
>look all the same with the very white hair. Some is ok but in RL everyone
>doesn't get pure white hair, just the lucky ones in my opinion.

Some of the styles I've downloaded are gray rather than white on
elders. A couple keep the non-elder color even for elders. If you
have downloaded any hair, go to the download section for elders in
BodyShop and see what you have.

BW

Oh yes they do - there's an elder hairstyle in each of the hair styles - is
that what you mean?

Best wishes
Maxon

> The elder Sims don;t have their own hair colour map, do they? Can't recall
> seeing one. Shame that. I have got a Lady Sim with a white front wave
> though. 8)
>
> Granny.

Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

"Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>> Not useless at all... I think pure white hair is beautiful, problem is,
>> not many get it. You're lucky if you do. I have a mixture all over,
>> mostly on top/back... wierd!
>> Sage
>>

> Snap!! Like a badger?

Badger? No... I think more like a Skunk, (If I didn't color it). *-*
Sage

> Handy if I wanted to rob a bank. From the front looks grey. From the back
> looks dark.
>
> My mother, dark, coarse hair, curlyish, had a perfecy white front flash
> that appeared in her late twenties. She hated it.
> I waited eagerly for my own flash.. My hair finer, lighter, just wavyish.
> I was still waiting when I hit fifty. Then the whole of the front bits
> went all at once.
> Disgusted of Cheltenham.
>
> The elder Sims don;t have their own hair colour map, do they? Can't recall
> seeing one. Shame that. I have got a Lady Sim with a white front wave
> though. 8)

Where'd you get that, if you remember? I think I'd like that...
Sage

> Granny.

Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 22:42:44 GMT, "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>

>><barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message

>>> And in the free section of TSR today, there are some Victorian-style
>>> hairstyles with sausage curls.
>>>
>>> BW
>>Does anyone know where to get _grey_ hairstyles rather than white for
>>elders?
>>I've seen some of the models with grey... I'd like to have the elders not
>>look all the same with the very white hair. Some is ok but in RL everyone
>>doesn't get pure white hair, just the lucky ones in my opinion.
>
> Some of the styles I've downloaded are gray rather than white on
> elders. A couple keep the non-elder color even for elders. If you
> have downloaded any hair, go to the download section for elders in
> BodyShop and see what you have.
>
> BW
Thanks BW, I haven't messed with BodyShop much so didn't even think of
looking there. Surprise to me... I had a couple of greyer looking hair
styles... I made a couple and now I don't know what to do with them but it
was fun and rewarding, because I could!
Thanks again, hope I can think of somewhere to use them. I guess I should be
a little more adventurous!!!
Thanks again, that was a big help!
Sage

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 07:41:25 GMT, "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

><barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 22:42:44 GMT, "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>>

>>><barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message

>>>Does anyone know where to get _grey_ hairstyles rather than white for
>>>elders?
>>>I've seen some of the models with grey... I'd like to have the elders not
>>>look all the same with the very white hair. Some is ok but in RL everyone
>>>doesn't get pure white hair, just the lucky ones in my opinion.
>>
>> Some of the styles I've downloaded are gray rather than white on
>> elders. A couple keep the non-elder color even for elders. If you
>> have downloaded any hair, go to the download section for elders in
>> BodyShop and see what you have.
>>
>> BW
>Thanks BW, I haven't messed with BodyShop much so didn't even think of
>looking there. Surprise to me... I had a couple of greyer looking hair
>styles... I made a couple and now I don't know what to do with them but it
>was fun and rewarding, because I could!
>Thanks again, hope I can think of somewhere to use them. I guess I should be
>a little more adventurous!!!
>Thanks again, that was a big help!

You're welcome. I enjoy messing around in BodyShop, making Sims I may
or may not use in the game. I made a couple of elder women
recently--one is a motorcycle mama in ripped jeans, a Harley-Davidson
T-shirt, and a leather jacket, with long white hair. I cloned her,
made some adjustments to the face, used different makeup and
hairstyle, and have a very prim-looking lady in a gray suit and
old-lady shoes. I can't decide whether to use them as sisters in the
game or to make them unrelated Sims who were separated at birth--if I
ever fiind time to use them at all.

BW

Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001
Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

<Snipped>
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 07:41:25 GMT, "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> ><barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message

>>> Some of the styles I've downloaded are gray rather than white on
>>> elders. A couple keep the non-elder color even for elders. If you
>>> have downloaded any hair, go to the download section for elders in
>>> BodyShop and see what you have.
>>>
>>> BW
>>Thanks BW, I haven't messed with BodyShop much so didn't even think of
>>looking there. Surprise to me... I had a couple of greyer looking hair
>>styles... I made a couple and now I don't know what to do with them but it
>>was fun and rewarding, because I could!
>>Thanks again, hope I can think of somewhere to use them. I guess I should
>>be
>>a little more adventurous!!!
>>Thanks again, that was a big help!
>
> You're welcome. I enjoy messing around in BodyShop, making Sims I may
> or may not use in the game. I made a couple of elder women
> recently--one is a motorcycle mama in ripped jeans, a Harley-Davidson
> T-shirt, and a leather jacket, with long white hair. I cloned her,
> made some adjustments to the face, used different makeup and
> hairstyle, and have a very prim-looking lady in a gray suit and
> old-lady shoes. I can't decide whether to use them as sisters in the
> game or to make them unrelated Sims who were separated at birth--if I
> ever fiind time to use them at all.
>
> BW

It IS fun to mess with BodyShop, I think I will even use the two I made. The
male is an old Biker and his Spouse is quite a Sexy Lady. I made them both
fat and fattened up their faces, which makes them look more realistic. I
used a lot of makeup on her so she looks like a chubby, overly made-up old
lady... He has a beard and longish hair with biker clothing. They look like
"old Hippies" to me, I'm pleased with them and MYself! ;-)
Now I have to build a house for them... I put them on the lot last night and
they're almost in love already, don't know how that happened. They're
playing, hugging and kissing on the sidewalk already!!! I did make them both
outgoing and playful so that's probably why... but they JUST MET!
Looks like I won't have to work on this relationship at all, by the time
their house is built they'll be sleeping together and/or whoohooing.
I really owe you for suggesting I use BodyShop, I probably wouldn't have
tried it otherwise.
Sage

Ugh. I must have mis-read the browser. 8( Difficult to tell which is elder
hair and which is an alpha.. alpha? map.
I am a bit off hair at te moment after making a pigs ear of trimming some
femails side fringes.

I came. I saw, I messed it all up. 8(

Granny.

I have got a Lady Sim with a white front wave
>> though. 8)
>
> Where'd you get that, if you remember? I think I'd like that...
> Sage

I did it myself. With my own little mousy... well, actually, with my own
little stylus I did do it... and it went bye-byes the last time I
reinstalled.

I will do another one if you want. Which basic hair colour and which style
do you fancy?
Say 'all of them' and you are dead.

Altering the colours, like for streaks and things is very easy.
Altering the style is a bit more tricky - well I find it so. 8(

Granny.

Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

> "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> I have got a Lady Sim with a white front wave
>>> though. 8)
>>
>> Where'd you get that, if you remember? I think I'd like that...
>> Sage
>>
> I did it myself. With my own little mousy... well, actually, with my own
> little stylus I did do it... and it went bye-byes the last time I
> reinstalled.
>
> I will do another one if you want. Which basic hair colour and which style
> do you fancy?
> Say 'all of them' and you are dead.

OKaaaaaay...... I won't say ALL, I'd like to stick around awhile! :-þ

So how about dark brown or black??? So the streak will really show up?
I'm totally Technichnally Impaired, though I do have a stylus and a graphic
pad.
I started with a MacIntosh and was pretty good on that.
Then Had to go to PC's for games but they just Boggle my mind _More_ than
usual.
TIA....Sage

> Altering the colours, like for streaks and things is very easy.
> Altering the style is a bit more tricky - well I find it so. 8(
>
> Granny.

>> I will do another one if you want. Which basic hair colour and which
>> style do you fancy?
>> Say 'all of them' and you are dead.
>
> OKaaaaaay...... I won't say ALL, I'd like to stick around awhile! :-þ

Blarghhh! Hokay. I will fiddle with that today. I have to lurk about the
house in case the power supply turns up. The man tells me it needs to be
signed for. No use expecting him to get to the door before the person on the
other side gets fed up and goes away.
Even with a sign saying 'please wait longer than usual. Householder very
slow on his pins,' didn;t stop the shredder man from tootling off and
leaving a 'will return tomorrow' note.

> So how about dark brown or black??? So the streak will really show up?
> I'm totally Technichnally Impaired, though I do have a stylus and a
> graphic pad.

<lecture mode> if you have a graphics pad then you only 'think' you are
graphically impaired. <stared over the top of glasses.> have you tried?
My method is botchit and fumble. I am sure you can manage that.

> I started with a MacIntosh and was pretty good on that.

Hmmm. The Mac curse strikes again.

Granny. bright, sunny day through the window. But the ice is on the pumpkin.

Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

>>> I will do another one if you want. Which basic hair colour and which
>>> style do you fancy?
>>> Say 'all of them' and you are dead.
>>
>> OKaaaaaay...... I won't say ALL, I'd like to stick around awhile! :-þ
>
> Blarghhh! Hokay. I will fiddle with that today.

No hurry, whenever you have the time... *Beggers* can't be Choosy.

I have to lurk about the
> house in case the power supply turns up. The man tells me it needs to be
> signed for. No use expecting him to get to the door before the person on
> the other side gets fed up and goes away.
> Even with a sign saying 'please wait longer than usual. Householder very
> slow on his pins,' didn;t stop the shredder man from tootling off and
> leaving a 'will return tomorrow' note.

Maddening isn't it?

>> So how about dark brown or black??? So the streak will really show up?
>> I'm totally Technichnally Impaired, though I do have a stylus and a
>> graphic pad.
>
> <lecture mode> if you have a graphics pad then you only 'think' you are
> graphically impaired. <stared over the top of glasses.> have you tried?
> My method is botchit and fumble. I am sure you can manage that.

Gotcha'...<staring Through glasses> No! NO! I haven't tried because I would
*Botch and Fumble* and maybe ruin my game and have no idea how to fix it! I
can't even use PhotoShop Elements and don't Want to Learn. I hate it! (I can
build pretty good houses without it though).
I had mastered the Mac painting and drafting programs... they were so easy,
anyone could. And I understood the System... I don't understand a thing
about the PC's system. I had both in 1984 but only used the PC for ONE
program, so it was almost totally ignored.

>> I started with a MacIntosh and was pretty good on that.
>
> Hmmm. The Mac curse strikes again.

No the curse is gone... long gone, never to return. ;-/

> Granny. bright, sunny day through the window. But the ice is on the
> pumpkin.

Bright and sunny here too but with ice cycles melting from the roof.
Brrrr....
Sage

>> Blarghhh! Hokay. I will fiddle with that today.
>
> No hurry, whenever you have the time... *Beggers* can't be Choosy.

had a quick look earlier today. made a mess and got mad. Stupid meshes. Then
was interrupted.
Still no power supply.

>>> So how about dark brown or black??? So the streak will really show up?
>>> I'm totally Technichnally Impaired, though I do have a stylus and a
>>> graphic pad.
>>
>> <lecture mode> if you have a graphics pad then you only 'think' you are
>> graphically impaired. <stared over the top of glasses.> have you tried?
>> My method is botchit and fumble. I am sure you can manage that.
>
> Gotcha'...<staring Through glasses> No! NO! I haven't tried because I
> would *Botch and Fumble* and maybe ruin my game and have no idea how to
> fix it!

How can altering a few graphics 'spoil your game?' I fear you are starting
to sound a mite hysterical, dear....

> can't even use PhotoShop Elements and don't Want to Learn. I hate it!

Good heavens.. More than a 'mite', then. Photoshop El. isn't half as easy as
Photoshop 4, the one I grew to know and love. Can;t afford the full PS. 8(
PSP is a no-no (starts a fight, here).
So you don;t want to dabble? <move into patronising idiot mode> 'Are you
worried that you might fail? Were you humiliated as a child after you
painted what you thought was a lovely picture?'
Don't dabble, then... I knew a woman who replied to anything I said with
questions like that. It drove me crackers. Patronising twit. I don;t think
i have the sheer barefaced gall to keep it up.
You boot the graphics out of the window and be happy.

(I can
> build pretty good houses without it though).
> I had mastered the Mac painting and drafting programs... they were so
> easy, anyone could. And I understood the System... I don't understand a
> thing about the PC's system.

yawk! yawk! You sound just like I did when I moved from the RISC PC. And
that was Win 92... was it 93? 3.1? Whatever.
NOW I feel that way about XP. I HATE it. Hate! hate! HATE!!!!!

>>> I started with a MacIntosh and was pretty good on that.
>>
>> Hmmm. The Mac curse strikes again.
>
> No the curse is gone... long gone, never to return. ;-/

People who trained on a Mac do seem to hark back to the good old days with
rather a hefty slice of nostalgia.
mind, if you 'had' to use the mac, like in uni or at work, and now you don;t
really 'have' to do PC graphics.... Well, it's like me and databases and
spread sheets. I think, to hell with them. I don;t need em.
Also frames in Word. ignore the beasts. Hope they go away.
FrontPage I just treat with deep suspicion and a lot of caution. Just learn
what i need and pretend I don;t want the rest.
<push glasses up hooter with a finger>
Come on, dear! Jolly hockey sticks and all that!! Swing that old stylus!!

I'll get my coat.

granny.

Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

> "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>

>>> Blarghhh! Hokay. I will fiddle with that today.
>>
>> No hurry, whenever you have the time... *Beggers* can't be Choosy.
>
> had a quick look earlier today. made a mess and got mad. Stupid meshes.
> Then was interrupted.

What are "meshes"? teehee... just kidding!!!

> Still no power supply.

Now be Patient... tomorrow's another day.

>>> <lecture mode> if you have a graphics pad then you only 'think' you are
>>> graphically impaired. <stared over the top of glasses.> have you tried?
>>> My method is botchit and fumble. I am sure you can manage that.
>>
>> Gotcha'...<staring Through glasses> No! NO! I haven't tried because I
>> would *Botch and Fumble* and maybe ruin my game and have no idea how to
>> fix it!
>
> How can altering a few graphics 'spoil your game?' I fear you are starting
> to sound a mite hysterical, dear....

A *mite* hysterical? How about Totally???
I think I would have thrown the machine out the window long ago if not for
the nice people on this group who have helped me so much more than they
know!

Awww... Thanks!

> (I can build pretty good houses without it though).
>> I had mastered the Mac painting and drafting programs... they were so
>> easy, anyone could. And I understood the System... I don't understand a
>> thing about the PC's system.
>
> yawk! yawk! You sound just like I did when I moved from the RISC PC. And
> that was Win 92... was it 93? 3.1? Whatever.
> NOW I feel that way about XP. I HATE it. Hate! hate! HATE!!!!!

Now why don't I hate XP?... I don't know any better?

>>> Hmmm. The Mac curse strikes again.
>>
>> No the curse is gone... long gone, never to return. ;-/
>
> People who trained on a Mac do seem to hark back to the good old days with
> rather a hefty slice of nostalgia. mind, if you 'had' to use the mac, like
> in uni or at work, and now >you don;t really 'have' to do PC graphics....
> Well, it's like me and databases and spread sheets. I think, to hell with
> them. I don;t need em.
> Also frames in Word. ignore the beasts. Hope they go away.
> FrontPage I just treat with deep suspicion and a lot of caution. Just
> learn what i need and pretend I don;t want the rest.

AMEN to all of the above... I used the Mac to do landscape design for a
gardener. That was too long ago to even think about though. Also did a
design for the remodeling my own kitchen, that was fun. The workers were
always saying "that can't be done"... I'd whip out my 'Plan', flap it in
their faces to Show them it Could be done. Then I'd remind them who was
paying them and a miracle would happen; It not only Could but it _Would_ be
done!

> <push glasses up hooter with a finger>
> Come on, dear! Jolly hockey sticks and all that!! Swing that old stylus!!
>
> I'll get my coat.

Then I'll get mine, do you have a plan?
Sage