victorian sims

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

If anyone is looking for Victorian sims outfits for sims 2, there are some
great ones here :)

http://www.all-about-style.com/victorian.html

~ jo

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
23 answers Last reply
More about victorian sims
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    they actually have brilliant clothes for smartly dressed elders too!

    "hangover_girl" <hangovergirl@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
    > If anyone is looking for Victorian sims outfits for sims 2, there are some
    > great ones here :)
    >
    > http://www.all-about-style.com/victorian.html
    >

    > ~ jo
    >
    > http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    > they actually have brilliant clothes for smartly dressed elders too!
    >
    > ~ jo
    >
    > http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
    > "hangover_girl" <hangovergirl@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
    >> If anyone is looking for Victorian sims outfits for sims 2, there are
    >> some great ones here :)
    >>
    >> http://www.all-about-style.com/victorian.html
    >>

    >> ~ jo
    >>
    >> http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269

    Thank you for this link.
    I do not normally download many clothes for my sims.
    This site completely changed my sim's wardrobe.

    "hangover_girl" <hangovergirl@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
    > they actually have brilliant clothes for smartly dressed elders too!
    >
    > ~ jo

    Oh, disaster!!! I mean, I am horribly choosy about downloads. Not because I
    thing the quality isn't amazing in most of them but I just feel that I don't
    need them.

    Not this time!! Every Victorian zip has been grabbed. I have been sitting
    here for AGES!
    The Baker Street Gang and Moriarty Mob will ride again!

    Some of the skins are very clever, the way they have adapted them to suit a
    Victorian shape.
    Beautiful site.

    Granny.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:35:38 +1100, "hangover_girl"
    <hangovergirl@dodo.com.au> wrote:

    >If anyone is looking for Victorian sims outfits for sims 2, there are some
    >great ones here :)
    >
    >http://www.all-about-style.com/victorian.html

    And in the free section of TSR today, there are some Victorian-style
    hairstyles with sausage curls.

    BW
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    <barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:35:38 +1100, "hangover_girl"
    > <hangovergirl@dodo.com.au> wrote:
    >
    >>If anyone is looking for Victorian sims outfits for sims 2, there are some
    >>great ones here :)
    >>
    >>http://www.all-about-style.com/victorian.html
    >
    > And in the free section of TSR today, there are some Victorian-style
    > hairstyles with sausage curls.
    >
    > BW
    Does anyone know where to get _grey_ hairstyles rather than white for
    elders?
    I've seen some of the models with grey... I'd like to have the elders not
    look all the same with the very white hair. Some is ok but in RL everyone
    doesn't get pure white hair, just the lucky ones in my opinion.
    Sage

    yeah there are some fabulous outfits here... I was especially happy to find
    the classy stuff for elders as my sims have style!!!

    > yeah there are some fabulous outfits here... I was especially happy to
    > find the classy stuff for elders as my sims have style!!!
    >
    > ~ jo

    I sometimes wonder if there is any point at all in introducing a bit of
    class into the game.
    Threw up a posh clothes shop in Victorian style. Only two downstairs rooms.
    Upstairs a few toilets, food-table and washing up machine room and a long
    balcony with nice round tables and posh chairs.
    Buy your nice dresses and long underwear then sip a cup of Earl Grey and
    nibble on a cucumber sandwich?
    The place reeks with class.

    Snag. No Suitable Sims to test-drive it yet so I sent Milhouse and his
    parents.
    What a fiasco! The shop was running with children who decided as nothing
    else was on offer they would play cops and robbers. The adults stood about
    and argued with each other or told dirty jokes. I sent mummy to serve the
    food.
    It was feeding time in the Monkey House. 8(((

    Decided to change the name from just 'Posh Shop' to 'Herrods.'
    Why aren't those kids in school at eleven in the morning on a Tuesday?

    Granny CA.

    I know what you mean - my granny had pure white hair. I seem to have her
    hair so we'll see.

    Sorry - that was useless as a response but I'm looking forward to it you
    understand.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

    > Does anyone know where to get _grey_ hairstyles rather than white for
    > elders?
    > I've seen some of the models with grey... I'd like to have the elders not
    > look all the same with the very white hair. Some is ok but in RL everyone
    > doesn't get pure white hair, just the lucky ones in my opinion.
    > Sage

    Not useless at all... I think pure white hair is beautiful, problem is, not
    many get it. You're lucky if you do. I have a mixture all over, mostly on
    top/back... wierd!
    Sage

    > Not useless at all... I think pure white hair is beautiful, problem is,
    > not many get it. You're lucky if you do. I have a mixture all over, mostly
    > on top/back... wierd!
    > Sage

    Snap!! Like a badger?
    Handy if I wanted to rob a bank. From the front looks grey. From the back
    looks dark.

    My mother, dark, coarse hair, curlyish, had a perfecy white front flash that
    appeared in her late twenties. She hated it.
    I waited eagerly for my own flash.. My hair finer, lighter, just wavyish.
    I was still waiting when I hit fifty. Then the whole of the front bits went
    all at once.
    Disgusted of Cheltenham.

    The elder Sims don;t have their own hair colour map, do they? Can't recall
    seeing one. Shame that. I have got a Lady Sim with a white front wave
    though. 8)

    Granny.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 22:42:44 GMT, "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    ><barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:35:38 +1100, "hangover_girl"
    >> <hangovergirl@dodo.com.au> wrote:
    >>
    >>>If anyone is looking for Victorian sims outfits for sims 2, there are some
    >>>great ones here :)
    >>>
    >>>http://www.all-about-style.com/victorian.html
    >>
    >> And in the free section of TSR today, there are some Victorian-style
    >> hairstyles with sausage curls.
    >>
    >> BW
    >Does anyone know where to get _grey_ hairstyles rather than white for
    >elders?
    >I've seen some of the models with grey... I'd like to have the elders not
    >look all the same with the very white hair. Some is ok but in RL everyone
    >doesn't get pure white hair, just the lucky ones in my opinion.

    Some of the styles I've downloaded are gray rather than white on
    elders. A couple keep the non-elder color even for elders. If you
    have downloaded any hair, go to the download section for elders in
    BodyShop and see what you have.

    BW

    Oh yes they do - there's an elder hairstyle in each of the hair styles - is
    that what you mean?

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    > The elder Sims don;t have their own hair colour map, do they? Can't recall
    > seeing one. Shame that. I have got a Lady Sim with a white front wave
    > though. 8)
    >
    > Granny.

    "Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    >> Not useless at all... I think pure white hair is beautiful, problem is,
    >> not many get it. You're lucky if you do. I have a mixture all over,
    >> mostly on top/back... wierd!
    >> Sage
    >>

    > Snap!! Like a badger?

    Badger? No... I think more like a Skunk, (If I didn't color it). *-*
    Sage

    > Handy if I wanted to rob a bank. From the front looks grey. From the back
    > looks dark.
    >
    > My mother, dark, coarse hair, curlyish, had a perfecy white front flash
    > that appeared in her late twenties. She hated it.
    > I waited eagerly for my own flash.. My hair finer, lighter, just wavyish.
    > I was still waiting when I hit fifty. Then the whole of the front bits
    > went all at once.
    > Disgusted of Cheltenham.
    >
    > The elder Sims don;t have their own hair colour map, do they? Can't recall
    > seeing one. Shame that. I have got a Lady Sim with a white front wave
    > though. 8)

    Where'd you get that, if you remember? I think I'd like that...
    Sage

    > Granny.

  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    > On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 22:42:44 GMT, "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
    >

    >><barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message

    >>> And in the free section of TSR today, there are some Victorian-style
    >>> hairstyles with sausage curls.
    >>>
    >>> BW
    >>Does anyone know where to get _grey_ hairstyles rather than white for
    >>elders?
    >>I've seen some of the models with grey... I'd like to have the elders not
    >>look all the same with the very white hair. Some is ok but in RL everyone
    >>doesn't get pure white hair, just the lucky ones in my opinion.
    >
    > Some of the styles I've downloaded are gray rather than white on
    > elders. A couple keep the non-elder color even for elders. If you
    > have downloaded any hair, go to the download section for elders in
    > BodyShop and see what you have.
    >
    > BW
    Thanks BW, I haven't messed with BodyShop much so didn't even think of
    looking there. Surprise to me... I had a couple of greyer looking hair
    styles... I made a couple and now I don't know what to do with them but it
    was fun and rewarding, because I could!
    Thanks again, hope I can think of somewhere to use them. I guess I should be
    a little more adventurous!!!
    Thanks again, that was a big help!
    Sage
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 07:41:25 GMT, "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    ><barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 22:42:44 GMT, "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>><barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message

    >>>Does anyone know where to get _grey_ hairstyles rather than white for
    >>>elders?
    >>>I've seen some of the models with grey... I'd like to have the elders not
    >>>look all the same with the very white hair. Some is ok but in RL everyone
    >>>doesn't get pure white hair, just the lucky ones in my opinion.
    >>
    >> Some of the styles I've downloaded are gray rather than white on
    >> elders. A couple keep the non-elder color even for elders. If you
    >> have downloaded any hair, go to the download section for elders in
    >> BodyShop and see what you have.
    >>
    >> BW
    >Thanks BW, I haven't messed with BodyShop much so didn't even think of
    >looking there. Surprise to me... I had a couple of greyer looking hair
    >styles... I made a couple and now I don't know what to do with them but it
    >was fun and rewarding, because I could!
    >Thanks again, hope I can think of somewhere to use them. I guess I should be
    >a little more adventurous!!!
    >Thanks again, that was a big help!

    You're welcome. I enjoy messing around in BodyShop, making Sims I may
    or may not use in the game. I made a couple of elder women
    recently--one is a motorcycle mama in ripped jeans, a Harley-Davidson
    T-shirt, and a leather jacket, with long white hair. I cloned her,
    made some adjustments to the face, used different makeup and
    hairstyle, and have a very prim-looking lady in a gray suit and
    old-lady shoes. I can't decide whether to use them as sisters in the
    game or to make them unrelated Sims who were separated at birth--if I
    ever fiind time to use them at all.

    BW
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    <Snipped>
    > On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 07:41:25 GMT, "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
    > ><barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message

    >>> Some of the styles I've downloaded are gray rather than white on
    >>> elders. A couple keep the non-elder color even for elders. If you
    >>> have downloaded any hair, go to the download section for elders in
    >>> BodyShop and see what you have.
    >>>
    >>> BW
    >>Thanks BW, I haven't messed with BodyShop much so didn't even think of
    >>looking there. Surprise to me... I had a couple of greyer looking hair
    >>styles... I made a couple and now I don't know what to do with them but it
    >>was fun and rewarding, because I could!
    >>Thanks again, hope I can think of somewhere to use them. I guess I should
    >>be
    >>a little more adventurous!!!
    >>Thanks again, that was a big help!
    >
    > You're welcome. I enjoy messing around in BodyShop, making Sims I may
    > or may not use in the game. I made a couple of elder women
    > recently--one is a motorcycle mama in ripped jeans, a Harley-Davidson
    > T-shirt, and a leather jacket, with long white hair. I cloned her,
    > made some adjustments to the face, used different makeup and
    > hairstyle, and have a very prim-looking lady in a gray suit and
    > old-lady shoes. I can't decide whether to use them as sisters in the
    > game or to make them unrelated Sims who were separated at birth--if I
    > ever fiind time to use them at all.
    >
    > BW

    It IS fun to mess with BodyShop, I think I will even use the two I made. The
    male is an old Biker and his Spouse is quite a Sexy Lady. I made them both
    fat and fattened up their faces, which makes them look more realistic. I
    used a lot of makeup on her so she looks like a chubby, overly made-up old
    lady... He has a beard and longish hair with biker clothing. They look like
    "old Hippies" to me, I'm pleased with them and MYself! ;-)
    Now I have to build a house for them... I put them on the lot last night and
    they're almost in love already, don't know how that happened. They're
    playing, hugging and kissing on the sidewalk already!!! I did make them both
    outgoing and playful so that's probably why... but they JUST MET!
    Looks like I won't have to work on this relationship at all, by the time
    their house is built they'll be sleeping together and/or whoohooing.
    I really owe you for suggesting I use BodyShop, I probably wouldn't have
    tried it otherwise.
    Sage

    Ugh. I must have mis-read the browser. 8( Difficult to tell which is elder
    hair and which is an alpha.. alpha? map.
    I am a bit off hair at te moment after making a pigs ear of trimming some
    femails side fringes.

    I came. I saw, I messed it all up. 8(

    Granny.

    I have got a Lady Sim with a white front wave
    >> though. 8)
    >
    > Where'd you get that, if you remember? I think I'd like that...
    > Sage

    I did it myself. With my own little mousy... well, actually, with my own
    little stylus I did do it... and it went bye-byes the last time I
    reinstalled.

    I will do another one if you want. Which basic hair colour and which style
    do you fancy?
    Say 'all of them' and you are dead.

    Altering the colours, like for streaks and things is very easy.
    Altering the style is a bit more tricky - well I find it so. 8(

    Granny.

    > "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    > I have got a Lady Sim with a white front wave
    >>> though. 8)
    >>
    >> Where'd you get that, if you remember? I think I'd like that...
    >> Sage
    >>
    > I did it myself. With my own little mousy... well, actually, with my own
    > little stylus I did do it... and it went bye-byes the last time I
    > reinstalled.
    >
    > I will do another one if you want. Which basic hair colour and which style
    > do you fancy?
    > Say 'all of them' and you are dead.

    OKaaaaaay...... I won't say ALL, I'd like to stick around awhile! :-þ

    So how about dark brown or black??? So the streak will really show up?
    I'm totally Technichnally Impaired, though I do have a stylus and a graphic
    pad.
    I started with a MacIntosh and was pretty good on that.
    Then Had to go to PC's for games but they just Boggle my mind _More_ than
    usual.
    TIA....Sage

    > Altering the colours, like for streaks and things is very easy.
    > Altering the style is a bit more tricky - well I find it so. 8(
    >
    > Granny.

    >> I will do another one if you want. Which basic hair colour and which
    >> style do you fancy?
    >> Say 'all of them' and you are dead.
    >
    > OKaaaaaay...... I won't say ALL, I'd like to stick around awhile! :-þ

    Blarghhh! Hokay. I will fiddle with that today. I have to lurk about the
    house in case the power supply turns up. The man tells me it needs to be
    signed for. No use expecting him to get to the door before the person on the
    other side gets fed up and goes away.
    Even with a sign saying 'please wait longer than usual. Householder very
    slow on his pins,' didn;t stop the shredder man from tootling off and
    leaving a 'will return tomorrow' note.

    > So how about dark brown or black??? So the streak will really show up?
    > I'm totally Technichnally Impaired, though I do have a stylus and a
    > graphic pad.

    <lecture mode> if you have a graphics pad then you only 'think' you are
    graphically impaired. <stared over the top of glasses.> have you tried?
    My method is botchit and fumble. I am sure you can manage that.

    > I started with a MacIntosh and was pretty good on that.

    Hmmm. The Mac curse strikes again.

    Granny. bright, sunny day through the window. But the ice is on the pumpkin.

    >>> I will do another one if you want. Which basic hair colour and which
    >>> style do you fancy?
    >>> Say 'all of them' and you are dead.
    >>
    >> OKaaaaaay...... I won't say ALL, I'd like to stick around awhile! :-þ
    >
    > Blarghhh! Hokay. I will fiddle with that today.

    No hurry, whenever you have the time... *Beggers* can't be Choosy.

    I have to lurk about the
    > house in case the power supply turns up. The man tells me it needs to be
    > signed for. No use expecting him to get to the door before the person on
    > the other side gets fed up and goes away.
    > Even with a sign saying 'please wait longer than usual. Householder very
    > slow on his pins,' didn;t stop the shredder man from tootling off and
    > leaving a 'will return tomorrow' note.

    Maddening isn't it?

    >> So how about dark brown or black??? So the streak will really show up?
    >> I'm totally Technichnally Impaired, though I do have a stylus and a
    >> graphic pad.
    >
    > <lecture mode> if you have a graphics pad then you only 'think' you are
    > graphically impaired. <stared over the top of glasses.> have you tried?
    > My method is botchit and fumble. I am sure you can manage that.

    Gotcha'...<staring Through glasses> No! NO! I haven't tried because I would
    *Botch and Fumble* and maybe ruin my game and have no idea how to fix it! I
    can't even use PhotoShop Elements and don't Want to Learn. I hate it! (I can
    build pretty good houses without it though).
    I had mastered the Mac painting and drafting programs... they were so easy,
    anyone could. And I understood the System... I don't understand a thing
    about the PC's system. I had both in 1984 but only used the PC for ONE
    program, so it was almost totally ignored.

    >> I started with a MacIntosh and was pretty good on that.
    >
    > Hmmm. The Mac curse strikes again.

    No the curse is gone... long gone, never to return. ;-/

    > Granny. bright, sunny day through the window. But the ice is on the
    > pumpkin.

    Bright and sunny here too but with ice cycles melting from the roof.
    Brrrr....
    Sage

    >> Blarghhh! Hokay. I will fiddle with that today.
    >
    > No hurry, whenever you have the time... *Beggers* can't be Choosy.

    had a quick look earlier today. made a mess and got mad. Stupid meshes. Then
    was interrupted.
    Still no power supply.

    >>> So how about dark brown or black??? So the streak will really show up?
    >>> I'm totally Technichnally Impaired, though I do have a stylus and a
    >>> graphic pad.
    >>
    >> <lecture mode> if you have a graphics pad then you only 'think' you are
    >> graphically impaired. <stared over the top of glasses.> have you tried?
    >> My method is botchit and fumble. I am sure you can manage that.
    >
    > Gotcha'...<staring Through glasses> No! NO! I haven't tried because I
    > would *Botch and Fumble* and maybe ruin my game and have no idea how to
    > fix it!

    How can altering a few graphics 'spoil your game?' I fear you are starting
    to sound a mite hysterical, dear....

    > can't even use PhotoShop Elements and don't Want to Learn. I hate it!

    Good heavens.. More than a 'mite', then. Photoshop El. isn't half as easy as
    Photoshop 4, the one I grew to know and love. Can;t afford the full PS. 8(
    PSP is a no-no (starts a fight, here).
    So you don;t want to dabble? <move into patronising idiot mode> 'Are you
    worried that you might fail? Were you humiliated as a child after you
    painted what you thought was a lovely picture?'
    Don't dabble, then... I knew a woman who replied to anything I said with
    questions like that. It drove me crackers. Patronising twit. I don;t think
    i have the sheer barefaced gall to keep it up.
    You boot the graphics out of the window and be happy.

    (I can
    > build pretty good houses without it though).
    > I had mastered the Mac painting and drafting programs... they were so
    > easy, anyone could. And I understood the System... I don't understand a
    > thing about the PC's system.

    yawk! yawk! You sound just like I did when I moved from the RISC PC. And
    that was Win 92... was it 93? 3.1? Whatever.
    NOW I feel that way about XP. I HATE it. Hate! hate! HATE!!!!!

    >>> I started with a MacIntosh and was pretty good on that.
    >>
    >> Hmmm. The Mac curse strikes again.
    >
    > No the curse is gone... long gone, never to return. ;-/

    People who trained on a Mac do seem to hark back to the good old days with
    rather a hefty slice of nostalgia.
    mind, if you 'had' to use the mac, like in uni or at work, and now you don;t
    really 'have' to do PC graphics.... Well, it's like me and databases and
    spread sheets. I think, to hell with them. I don;t need em.
    Also frames in Word. ignore the beasts. Hope they go away.
    FrontPage I just treat with deep suspicion and a lot of caution. Just learn
    what i need and pretend I don;t want the rest.
    <push glasses up hooter with a finger>
    Come on, dear! Jolly hockey sticks and all that!! Swing that old stylus!!

    I'll get my coat.

    granny.

    > "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>> Blarghhh! Hokay. I will fiddle with that today.
    >>
    >> No hurry, whenever you have the time... *Beggers* can't be Choosy.
    >
    > had a quick look earlier today. made a mess and got mad. Stupid meshes.
    > Then was interrupted.

    What are "meshes"? teehee... just kidding!!!

    > Still no power supply.

    Now be Patient... tomorrow's another day.

    >>> <lecture mode> if you have a graphics pad then you only 'think' you are
    >>> graphically impaired. <stared over the top of glasses.> have you tried?
    >>> My method is botchit and fumble. I am sure you can manage that.
    >>
    >> Gotcha'...<staring Through glasses> No! NO! I haven't tried because I
    >> would *Botch and Fumble* and maybe ruin my game and have no idea how to
    >> fix it!
    >
    > How can altering a few graphics 'spoil your game?' I fear you are starting
    > to sound a mite hysterical, dear....

    A *mite* hysterical? How about Totally???
    I think I would have thrown the machine out the window long ago if not for
    the nice people on this group who have helped me so much more than they
    know!

    Awww... Thanks!

    > (I can build pretty good houses without it though).
    >> I had mastered the Mac painting and drafting programs... they were so
    >> easy, anyone could. And I understood the System... I don't understand a
    >> thing about the PC's system.
    >
    > yawk! yawk! You sound just like I did when I moved from the RISC PC. And
    > that was Win 92... was it 93? 3.1? Whatever.
    > NOW I feel that way about XP. I HATE it. Hate! hate! HATE!!!!!

    Now why don't I hate XP?... I don't know any better?

    >>> Hmmm. The Mac curse strikes again.
    >>
    >> No the curse is gone... long gone, never to return. ;-/
    >
    > People who trained on a Mac do seem to hark back to the good old days with
    > rather a hefty slice of nostalgia. mind, if you 'had' to use the mac, like
    > in uni or at work, and now >you don;t really 'have' to do PC graphics....
    > Well, it's like me and databases and spread sheets. I think, to hell with
    > them. I don;t need em.
    > Also frames in Word. ignore the beasts. Hope they go away.
    > FrontPage I just treat with deep suspicion and a lot of caution. Just
    > learn what i need and pretend I don;t want the rest.

    AMEN to all of the above... I used the Mac to do landscape design for a
    gardener. That was too long ago to even think about though. Also did a
    design for the remodeling my own kitchen, that was fun. The workers were
    always saying "that can't be done"... I'd whip out my 'Plan', flap it in
    their faces to Show them it Could be done. Then I'd remind them who was
    paying them and a miracle would happen; It not only Could but it _Would_ be
    done!

    > <push glasses up hooter with a finger>
    > Come on, dear! Jolly hockey sticks and all that!! Swing that old stylus!!
    >
    > I'll get my coat.

    Then I'll get mine, do you have a plan?
    Sage

    > granny.