Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte Extreme X58 onboard power switch question

Last response: in Motherboards
April 6, 2009 7:23:06 AM

Is there anyway to bypass this so that if my PC gets shut down, i dont have to take the side off and turn it back on via onboard power switch?

My system is fine, but did i perhaps wire the power button switch up wrong because the power button on my case does not turn the system on .....im not sure if i can turn it off with it, i think i can ill check though. But so far when my system is shut down, i have to hit the onboard switch to fire it up.

What did i do wrong or what setting do i need to switch?

April 6, 2009 4:48:29 PM

Sounds like you wired the pw_switch wrong. If you read the motherboard manual, it will tell you how to plug in the pw_switch, HDD_led, etc. The entire f_pannel should be laid out. I do this myself, usually that the pw_switch is backwards. The buttons on the motherboard itself, are for problems I would guess. Simply double check you wires, that seems like the only problem to me.
a b V Motherboard
April 6, 2009 6:07:43 PM

There is also an option in most bioses to auto power-on the computer in case of power loss.

a b V Motherboard
April 6, 2009 6:51:10 PM

You may have a bad power switch. Try shorting the two terminals with a screwdriver. See if it turns on.
!