dorianking

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
Ok, so I decided that I wanted to push my computer because I'm an OC freak.

When I was OCing, I left the clock rate the same, however I changed the CPU voltage. In order for the thing to load the settings, the computer will reset. So when the computer resets, NORMALLY, the computer goes Beep, beeeeeeep, beep, beeeeep. Now it just goes Beep, beeeeeep, ......., beep. Everything in the computer runs fine, the CPU fan, video card fan, chasis fans; all spinning as normal. The only thing that isn't working is the monitor is not showing anything.

1) I've tried pressing the reset CMOS button and it hasn't worked.
2) I've tried removing the CMOS battery and waiting 5 min. That hasn't worked, however I am not going to try to leave the CMOS battery out for a few hours
3) I've tried swapping memory slots, and removing them and putting 1 only and etc. No dice.

Specs
XFX 750i SLI nForce MB
Nvidia 9600GT
Cooler Master Silent Pro (850W) (This is brand new because my other PSU died recently)
Core 2 Duo E8200
Salman aftermarket CPU cooler

tuffluck

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009

you could look up your board's beep codes to find out what one short, one long, one short means.

you'll probably need to reset your bios with a jumper on your board. typically if you know where the jumper is, there will be 3 pins and the jumper will be on 2 of them. take it off those 2 and put it on the other 2, then put it back on the original 2. should be set, everything will go back to normal.