Tungsten E2 on Win98SE

Tags:
June 14, 2005 4:45:01 PM

This was posted separately, not cross posted, to alt.comp.os.palm
since I wasn't sure which group is the most appropriate.

I have a Tungsten E that I connect to my Win98SE laptop. I would like
to move up to the E2 or another Bluetooth and WiFi-enabled Palm but
the specs say the E2 will work only with Win 2000 and later.

Can the E2 be synced with HotSync application used for the E? Is there
any other workaround to get the E2 synced with a Win98SE machine?

--
Vic Roberts
Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.

More about : tungsten win98se

June 16, 2005 6:03:33 PM

On 2005-06-14, Victor Roberts <xxx@lighting-research.com> wrote:
> This was posted separately, not cross posted, to alt.comp.os.palm
> since I wasn't sure which group is the most appropriate.
>
> I have a Tungsten E that I connect to my Win98SE laptop. I would like
> to move up to the E2 or another Bluetooth and WiFi-enabled Palm but
> the specs say the E2 will work only with Win 2000 and later.

FYI, The T|E2 isn't WiFi unless you use an expansion SD Card. But then you
won't be able to use a normal SD Card to store your data on.

--
Toby.
field to circumvent my email filters.

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:03:33 +0100, Toby <google@asktoby.com> wrote:

>On 2005-06-14, Victor Roberts <xxx@lighting-research.com> wrote:
>> This was posted separately, not cross posted, to alt.comp.os.palm
>> since I wasn't sure which group is the most appropriate.
>>
>> I have a Tungsten E that I connect to my Win98SE laptop. I would like
>> to move up to the E2 or another Bluetooth and WiFi-enabled Palm but
>> the specs say the E2 will work only with Win 2000 and later.
>
>FYI, The T|E2 isn't WiFi unless you use an expansion SD Card. But then you
>won't be able to use a normal SD Card to store your data on.

Thanks. I understand that I would need to use the SD WiFi card when I
wanted WiFi capability, but that is OK. I still can't get any answer
to the question of whether or not the E3 works with Win98SE.

I have learned that the issue seems to be USB and IrDA connectivity,
not the programs that run on the PC. And, that all Palm says is that
the E2 is not guaranteed on Win98. Since the USB functionality of 98Se
is much better than 98 that leaves my question unanswered.

--
!