Sign in with
Your question

Thank you Tom

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
December 3, 2008 8:58:27 AM

I would like to thank and commend the folks at Tom's for having the decency to ban me from the discussion forum. Your decision demonstrates your commitment to ensuring that cyberspace is safe from those evildoers who freeride on companies' goodwill and who simply won't cough up the dough.

After all, we can't have people freely expressing their opinions at will. We can't have these spineless twits ranting and raving over what should and shouldn't belong in the public domain either, or over the behaviour of certain companies whose have been convicted on several counts of abusive business practices by courts around the world, yet still refuse to comply with rulings.

Moreover, those polite letters from M$ lawyers are such a pain. I mean, who wants to go to court over and over again to defend silly values such as freedom of expression? Especially if you can just ban people even though they didn't ask for or disseminate pirated material, but just voiced their views on piracy and when it is or isn't justified.

To me, your decision to banish me has helped a great deal, because while before I doubts, now I am absolutely convinced that I shall never give an additional penny of my hard-earned cash to the monstrous network of control and censorship that surrounds M$. Thank god for internet, because free-thinking people will be faster and smarter than you ever will be, and I eagerly anticipate the day when emancipated PC users across the world can exercise their full freedom to do as they please with their software, at a fair price. You know it's coming.

Most of all, I would like to thank the people on this forum for providing me with constructive advice about my hardware. I wouldn't have been able to build my system without you, and I wish you all the best in this free and open world.

Open source here I come.

la6yc0sm1cjiv3

More about : tom

December 3, 2008 10:53:33 AM

You reregistered just for that?

You have too much time on your hands. Get a hobby.
a b B Homebuilt system
December 3, 2008 11:02:36 AM

^+10
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
December 3, 2008 11:06:30 AM

I am glad you got something useful out the forums and your build was a success. As for the rest of your rant, Billy Joel said it best I think....."you can speak your mind, but not on my time"
December 3, 2008 11:07:33 AM

LOL. Nice one llama man.

Apparently someone has a little animosity left and way too much time on his hands.
a b B Homebuilt system
December 3, 2008 11:51:52 AM

^ Like this?

a b B Homebuilt system
December 3, 2008 12:10:21 PM

There's always a drone.
!