megafreak

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Hi,
I read most of the RAM overclocking guides but when I tried to overclock my RAM its not working properly. So in the BIOS I can set the RAM frequency up to 800mhz (ddr3 1600) so I did and then when it booted up I got a "no signal" so I retried except this time with some voltage increase, failed again; so I tried upping the voltage again and still nothing.

And then I have this: "DRAM memory mode: (auto, DCT0 and DCT 1). What is it?
ANd thats all I have under RAM options, I looked for some advanced options to see if I was missing something but nope.

My system:
ASUS M4A785TDV- EVO
Phenom II X2 550 BE
OCZ 2 x 1GB 1333
Sapphire HD 5750 (what a piece of ***)

Also sisoft sandra is telling me that the RAM is syncronous, so according to one of the guides I shouldn't have the 800mhz option should I?

Also if you can please tell what the CPU/NB frequency is/does I would be very greatful.

megafreak

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
I already oveclocked the CPU, my problem is that I only have 2gb of RAM and since I have no money this is the only thing I could think of to improve performance.

Also I didn't know RAM OC was useless :(

Can anyone please educate me on the importance of DCT 1 and 0.

fisshy

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
Lets Be nice...

Megafreak.

All we ask is that you please be more open with information in your future posts, so that we can help more efficiently and come to a conclusion quicker.

Our current conclusion is that you shouldn't OC your Ram.

If you Feel you Are Lacking in performance i would suggest Either a new CPU or MORE Ram

Good Luck "Megafreak" :D

EDIT = Grammatical Error