Pump question

Hello
This is what I am about to order, but I would like some opinions on my pumps.
I have been thinking on the dual EK top and 2x 655's, but I want my system alittle quiet and may want to run the pumps at setting 3 or so.
Will I have enough pressure for my "Loop1"?
Should I consider DDC-1T(350), or maybe even Laing DDC-1T+(355)? with new tops ofcourse.

Loop 1:
1x Swiftech APOGEE XT
1x EK-FB RE2 ver.2 Acetal+Nickel (NB / SB)
1x EK-MOSFET ASUS X58 KIT - Acetal+Nickel
1x XSPC RX360
3x Noctua NF-S12B ULN 120mm 700 RPM, 56,9 m³/h, 6,8 dB
1x EK-Multioption reservoir 250 (w/ EK-ANTI Cyclon)
1x Swiftech MCP655 (at setting 3)
1x EK-D5 Dual TOP 2-LOOPS
Tygon R-3603 - 19/12,7mm - ½" Tube
Bitspower barbs (and clamps)
Killcoil
Reservoir -> Pump -> CPU -> NB/SB -> Mosfet -> 360radiator -> reservoir

Loop 2:
2x EK-FC285 GTX - Acetal+Nickel
1x XSPC RX360
1x 1x EK-Multioption reservoir 250 (w/ EK-ANTI Cyclon)
1x Swiftech MCP655 (lvl 3)
Killcoil

Reservoir -> Pump -> GPU1 -> GPU2 -> 360radiator -> reservoir
10 answers Last reply
More about pump question
  1. The MCP655 will work for both loops. Excellent loops btw.

Imo, there is no need to use WCing on the MOSFETS/NB/SB.
  2. Loop 1:
    1x Swiftech APOGEE XT
    1x XSPC RX360
    Killcoil

Loop 2:
    1x XSPC RX360
    Killcoil

you'll get slightly better cooling for your components IMO if you do
    res> pump > radiator> gpu or cpu or nb/sb or mosfet > then back to res

the rad will cool the water from all our components before hitting them again. the way you have it it'll cool the water after its gone through and now you got the heat generated from the pump flowing over all your components
  3. Shadow703793 said:
    The MCP655 will work for both loops. Excellent loops btw.

Imo, there is no need to use WCing on the MOSFETS/NB/SB.

Thank you :)
    1-2 weeks ago I knew nothing about WC at all, I "requested" a list of good parts for my system, and Conumdrum slapped me in the face and told me to read...alot!
    and I am thankful for that.
    I am beginning to get a basic understanding of WC now.
    But about my NB/SB/mosfets, I got a case with good airflow, and my nb/sb temps are at 45-50C , if I remove some of my fans and exchange my CPU-cooler with a WC block (even less fans), I am afraid I may get pretty high temps in the nb and sb.

Anonymous said:
    Loop 1:
    1x Swiftech APOGEE XT
    1x XSPC RX360
    Killcoil

Loop 2:
    1x XSPC RX360
    Killcoil

you'll get slightly better cooling for your components IMO if you do
    res> pump > radiator> gpu or cpu or nb/sb or mosfet > then back to res

the rad will cool the water from all our components before hitting them again. the way you have it it'll cool the water after its gone through and now you got the heat generated from the pump flowing over all your components

Thank you!
    I will read some more about good ways to set up a WC loop, and I think you may be right.
    sounds logic that the water will have lower temps before flowing through my components.

Do any of you have some idea, or experience with the noise level of the pumps, as I want my rig to be alittle silent.
    Please dont tell me to youtube, or google it, trust me I have spent some time reading about the noise, and I am still not certain, as people really have alot different opinions about the noise from the 350/355's and the 655.
    I should use some of that "gel stuff" to reduce the vibration from the pumps.
    But how noisy is the 655 or 350 in your opinions?

Please excuse my english, I am from Norway, and an expert at making typos.
  4. The MCP655 is not really very loud (or, at least the ones I use are not). I have two machines currently running with MCP655 and the only way I know they are on is the gurgling sound of the water as it flows through the loops.

Vibration is more of a noise generator with pumps, I have found, than the sound of the pump motor itself. Keep any objects away from the pump wherever you can and use rubber pads to standoff the pump from where you have it mounted to the case. If there are any potential points where the pump could touch the case, then pad that as well. In the end, you will find that your fans, no matter how low you set them, will make more noise than the pumps.
  5. Quote:

But about my NB/SB/mosfets, I got a case with good airflow, and my nb/sb temps are at 45-50C , if I remove some of my fans and exchange my CPU-cooler with a WC block (even less fans), I am afraid I may get pretty high temps in the nb and sb.

Damn that sucks! What board btw?

Quote:

Vibration is more of a noise generator with pumps, I have found, than the sound of the pump motor itself. Keep any objects away from the pump wherever you can and use rubber pads to standoff the pump from where you have it mounted to the case. If there are any potential points where the pump could touch the case, then pad that as well. In the end, you will find that your fans, no matter how low you set them, will make more noise than the pumps.

Agreed. +1.
  6. None of the pumps make much noise to worry about. I mean it's a pretty much non issue. Velcro is great for mounting. It's also vibration stopper. No holes to drill to mount stuff. I have used it in the past and still do to mount my DDC3.2 pumps with XSPC restops. Two thin strips along each side on the bottom, it don't move and easy to take off.

And thanks for the slap comment, it was a bit heavy around here for a thin skinned person. I'm kinda hard on what I say, but I did a TON of legwork before making the move to WC, and it was and still is a perfect experiance.

Glad you took it the right way.
  7. conundrum i was really glad that you said you were going to leave this forum but i guess i celebrated to early.....

as far as the pump's noise level...do a good air bleed and you shouldnt have any noise problems with any of the pumps that are on the market unless you want to hear a pin drop >.> if thats the case then i cant really help ya
  8. Shadow703793 said:
    Quote:

Damn that sucks! What board btw?

Quote:

Agreed. +1.

Asus rampage extreme II
  9. Hmm... my friends using a the same board and under P95 load his NB temps are only 55C. Did you re-apply the thermal paste?
  10. Shadow703793 said:
    Hmm... my friends using a the same board and under P95 load his NB temps are only 55C. Did you re-apply the thermal paste?

No, i've done nothing to the stock cooler, perhaps I should try that.
    Something odd when the nb/sb got the highest temps(idle) in my system.
    My 920 @ 3,6 (1,3v) is 10-15C lower.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Swiftech Overclocking