/ Sign-up
Your question

Possible upgrade-advice welcomed

  • New Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
December 3, 2008 11:16:32 PM

Ok,here's my current build...

Athlon X2 4800+ 2.5 AM2 socket
Biostar TForce 570 SLI Mobo
4gb G-skill DDR2 800
160 GB Seagate HDD
Mushkin 550w Modular PSU
Antec 900 case(bought on last week for $60 and love it)
XP pro 32bit
HP 20.1" wide LCD

First things first...I know XP PRO 32bit does't untilize my memory, I'm just kinda waiting for Windows 7(refuse to by vista)

Would like to start upgrade, I just don't know if it's worth it yet. I'm not quite ready to go i7 yet and would like to use as much as I can of what I already have. Would it be worth going to an E8500 or a Q6600 and swapping Mobos or am I ok for now? Would I be better off upgrading my video card? Or would i be ok to stick with what I have and just upgrade my PSU(thinking about the PC Power and Cooling 610W), to get a little more efficiency out of it????All opinions are welcomed and thanks in advance

More about : upgrade advice welcomed

December 4, 2008 1:52:44 AM

i think if it works right now and isn't causing you pain to play games etc then wait to see what happens i geuss if i had to pick i would say upgrade to a better cpu but i think that s775 is dying and probably now isn't a good time to get one of those