Sign in with
Your question

CPU GETTING TOO HOTTT

Last response: in Overclocking
April 15, 2010 10:28:07 PM

Hey so i got battlefeid 2 i was playing the game for about an hour everything frozed reset the computer went to bios the 965 amd chip was 300f holy sh*TT im only running my cpu on this water cooling itself bare so its not cooling anything else what can i do to get this chip cooled???

Motherboard-Msi-790Fx-GD70
-Memory-Corsair Dominator 8g DDR3 1333
-Case-Cooler master-HAF 932 AMD Limited Edition
-Power Supply-Ultra x4 500w modular
-SSD-Ocz vertex-2-60gb raid 0 total size 120gb
-XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB 2x crossfirex
-Amd Phenom 2 x4 965 Black 3.4 stock OC 4.2 20x
-Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
-Atapi light scribe dvd burner
-Cpu cooler- Thermaltake CL-W0121 Water Cooling System
Fsb-250

More about : cpu hottt

a b K Overclocking
April 15, 2010 10:58:12 PM

This is the exact rerason I always tell people not to do liquid cooling it is so unreliable. You would have been better off with a good air cooler.
m
l
April 15, 2010 10:58:41 PM

obviosly, your cooling has a problem somewhere.
m
l
Related resources
April 15, 2010 11:24:40 PM

Obvious troll is Obvious.

Go take your douchey antics elsewhere. 300f equals 148c, so your chip would be long since dead, and it would've crashed long before that. So your story about seeing that reading in the BIOS is crap.
m
l
April 15, 2010 11:26:41 PM

bios could of been wrong but thats what it said...now what can i do to take care of this issue? buy a bigger rad and add it on?
m
l
April 15, 2010 11:39:43 PM

If your serious, then bleed your lines of air, and reseat your cpu block. Any kind of decent radiator should keep your temps in check. You might have to back off the overclock, although Ive heard that chip will do 3.8GHz at stock voltage.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
April 16, 2010 12:30:06 AM

First, run RealTemp or CoreTemp and find out what your TEMPS are under load.
m
l
April 16, 2010 12:43:01 AM

lol no bubble's at all i spend hours doing that i just looked still no bubble's,,, now when you say reset your cooling block does that mean take it off and put it back on? also on the directions there wasnt anything that said which direction the flow went on the block as in, in and out
m
l
April 16, 2010 2:58:22 PM

i dont know much about watercoling (i got an h50 at the moment), but to me (from your 2nd to last photo) it looks like your tubing maybe kinked (top tube on cpu block) possibly impeding flow. im probably wrong, but you should definitely check it out
m
l
April 16, 2010 5:01:05 PM

yeah i switched some things around and added a rad to the bottom of the cooler its all nice and cool now
m
l
April 16, 2010 5:19:28 PM

The ThermalTake is not the desired watercooling system to have.

But try shortening up your tubes as best ya can.
m
l
April 30, 2010 7:18:58 PM

Well, the main problems of overheating with watercooling are going to occur if you didn't mount the waterblock correctly to the CPU, or a problem with the water cooling setup. Problems would be air in the system, which you say isn't the problem. then I would make sure your pump is working, and your fans are cooling your radiator. Does your radiator get hot?
m
l
April 30, 2010 9:30:23 PM

Umm your loop has multiple issue besides being a Tt kit.

1. The outflow from your rad/pump should go directly to the cpu block not to the res. The reason for this is that the cpu block will receive the coolant under the most pressure the the pump can provide. Unlike the way you currently have it setup where the cpu block is getting barely any flow.
2. The res should always be mounted physically higher in the case than your pump. This is because the res is not pressurized and the coolant will flow into the pump much quicker, and not cause pinching of the tubing & pump starvation (which will kill the pump).

The flow in the kit should go something like this:
Pump->Rad->CPU block->Res->Pump
Currently your looks like it is setup this way:
Pump->Rad->Res->CPU Block->Pump

And if that is correct your cpu block is getting very little flow at all. Try shortening your tubing and switching the locations of the Rad/Pump assembly and the res. Then use the example I listed above for the correct flow and see if that helps. I bet you will see lower temps. But if you are getting any kinking of the tubing try the anti kink coils that dreamphantom linked above. I use them myself and they are get for tight spaces.

-ouch1
m
l
May 1, 2010 12:29:55 AM

You want to hear something funny? One of my buddies was running a water loop for 2 years, and couldn't figure out why my air cooled cooler was running cooler then his water cooling loop on his cpu. Well, he decided to add his old big typhoon back on his system, and when we were doing it, I noticed he forgot to pull the plastic off his cpu waterblock. LOL.
m
l
May 1, 2010 2:02:17 AM

dreamphantom_1977 said:
You want to hear something funny? One of my buddies was running a water loop for 2 years, and couldn't figure out why my air cooled cooler was running cooler then his water cooling loop on his cpu. Well, he decided to add his old big typhoon back on his system, and when we were doing it, I noticed he forgot to pull the plastic off his cpu waterblock. LOL.

Not the best thermal interface material those plastic things...
m
l
a c 86 K Overclocking
May 1, 2010 4:02:19 AM

Please let this thread die.

He's upgraded his rad, posed on other better forums, and still this junk coninues.

Mod, stop the pain please!
m
l
!