andrew149

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Hey so i got battlefeid 2 i was playing the game for about an hour everything frozed reset the computer went to bios the 965 amd chip was 300f holy sh*TT im only running my cpu on this water cooling itself bare so its not cooling anything else what can i do to get this chip cooled???

Motherboard-Msi-790Fx-GD70
-Memory-Corsair Dominator 8g DDR3 1333
-Case-Cooler master-HAF 932 AMD Limited Edition
-Power Supply-Ultra x4 500w modular
-SSD-Ocz vertex-2-60gb raid 0 total size 120gb
-XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB 2x crossfirex
-Amd Phenom 2 x4 965 Black 3.4 stock OC 4.2 20x
-Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
-Atapi light scribe dvd burner
-Cpu cooler- Thermaltake CL-W0121 Water Cooling System
Fsb-250

mcnuggetofdeath

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2008
Obvious troll is Obvious.

Go take your douchey antics elsewhere. 300f equals 148c, so your chip would be long since dead, and it would've crashed long before that. So your story about seeing that reading in the BIOS is crap.

mcnuggetofdeath

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2008
If your serious, then bleed your lines of air, and reseat your cpu block. Any kind of decent radiator should keep your temps in check. You might have to back off the overclock, although Ive heard that chip will do 3.8GHz at stock voltage.

andrew149

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
lol no bubble's at all i spend hours doing that i just looked still no bubble's,,, now when you say reset your cooling block does that mean take it off and put it back on? also on the directions there wasnt anything that said which direction the flow went on the block as in, in and out

andrew149

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
DSCN1512.jpg

DSCN1513.jpg

DSCN1514.jpg

DSCN1516.jpg

DSCN1517.jpg

FanterA

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
i dont know much about watercoling (i got an h50 at the moment), but to me (from your 2nd to last photo) it looks like your tubing maybe kinked (top tube on cpu block) possibly impeding flow. im probably wrong, but you should definitely check it out

letsrahk

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Well, the main problems of overheating with watercooling are going to occur if you didn't mount the waterblock correctly to the CPU, or a problem with the water cooling setup. Problems would be air in the system, which you say isn't the problem. then I would make sure your pump is working, and your fans are cooling your radiator. Does your radiator get hot?

ouch1

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
Umm your loop has multiple issue besides being a Tt kit.

1. The outflow from your rad/pump should go directly to the cpu block not to the res. The reason for this is that the cpu block will receive the coolant under the most pressure the the pump can provide. Unlike the way you currently have it setup where the cpu block is getting barely any flow.
2. The res should always be mounted physically higher in the case than your pump. This is because the res is not pressurized and the coolant will flow into the pump much quicker, and not cause pinching of the tubing & pump starvation (which will kill the pump).

The flow in the kit should go something like this:
Pump->Rad->CPU block->Res->Pump
Currently your looks like it is setup this way:
Pump->Rad->Res->CPU Block->Pump

And if that is correct your cpu block is getting very little flow at all. Try shortening your tubing and switching the locations of the Rad/Pump assembly and the res. Then use the example I listed above for the correct flow and see if that helps. I bet you will see lower temps. But if you are getting any kinking of the tubing try the anti kink coils that dreamphantom linked above. I use them myself and they are get for tight spaces.

-ouch1

dreamphantom_1977

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
You want to hear something funny? One of my buddies was running a water loop for 2 years, and couldn't figure out why my air cooled cooler was running cooler then his water cooling loop on his cpu. Well, he decided to add his old big typhoon back on his system, and when we were doing it, I noticed he forgot to pull the plastic off his cpu waterblock. LOL.

letsrahk

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009

Not the best thermal interface material those plastic things...