thanks
17 answers Last reply
More about where sims2

    marina wrote:
    > where to put mp3`s in sims2?
    >
    > thanks

    Greetings Marina,
    You put them in MyDocuments\EAGames\TheSims2\Music\...(enter whichever
    category you want them in hiphop,metal,pop,rnb,salsa,or techno). It's a
    wonderful thing. Makes playing the game that much more enjoyable!

    Ali

    Thanks Ali!

    marina wrote:
    > Thanks Ali!
    >
    > "ali" <babaonthenet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>marina wrote:
    >>
    >>>where to put mp3`s in sims2?
    >>>
    >>>thanks
    >>>

    >>Greetings Marina,
    >>You put them in MyDocuments\EAGames\TheSims2\Music\...(enter whichever
    >>category you want them in hiphop,metal,pop,rnb,salsa,or techno). It's a
    >>wonderful thing. Makes playing the game that much more enjoyable!
    >>
    >>Ali

    No prob! ;)

    Oh, I am just like you!! I HATE having music files spread
    everywhere...and also hate duplicates. But still, I had to put some of
    my music into the Sims, but could not stand removing them from their
    proper music folder in the proper music partition. I'd rather have
    duplicates...my music library file is untouchable. Compulsive, I
    know...

    Smeraldina

    Am I imagining things wrong with nostalgia when I say this...

    Isn't it true that in the Sims 1 you could just put "shortcuts" to your
    MP3's and they would play on the radio?
    You can't do that with the Sims 2
    ;(
    I *really* wish you could!

    And I am one of those weird people who don't like to have music anywhere
    unless it's neatly categorised in ONE folder
    to move it to another folder...or even to create duplicates...
    God it's so wrong!
    However I have the Sleepy Jacksons and Jack Johnson (around 5 or so songs)
    shoved in the Sims 2 folder because I couldn't help myself...
    But they are no longer in my big music library file..
    sad..
    aren't I?

    --
    - D

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:45:44 -0500, ali <babaonthenet@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Greetings Marina,
    >You put them in MyDocuments\EAGames\TheSims2\Music\...(enter whichever
    >category you want them in hiphop,metal,pop,rnb,salsa,or techno). It's a
    >wonderful thing. Makes playing the game that much more enjoyable!

    I tried putting some in the build and buy folders last night. I did
    get the one I put in the buy folder to play once, then it seemed to
    cycle among all the usual music and I didn't hear my MP3 again. Is
    there any way to get rid of the existing music? I hate it.

    BW

    Hear, Hear!

    :)

    --
    - D

    "Smeraldina" <SmeraldinaGirl@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Oh, I am just like you!! I HATE having music files spread
    > everywhere...and also hate duplicates. But still, I had to put some of
    > my music into the Sims, but could not stand removing them from their
    > proper music folder in the proper music partition. I'd rather have
    > duplicates...my music library file is untouchable. Compulsive, I
    > know...
    >
    > Smeraldina

    BW, I thought it was cute at first...
    but after awhile...it gets so damn grating..
    I think you can unchoose the default and have your own playing

    wow...only one showed up?
    how odd..

    --
    - D

    On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:26:40 GMT, "D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

    >BW, I thought it was cute at first...
    >but after awhile...it gets so damn grating..
    >I think you can unchoose the default and have your own playing

    I'll have to try that. Didn't know you could.

    >wow...only one showed up?

    I only put one in build and one in buy, to test. The build one played
    once, and the buy one never did play. I'm going to go look for an
    option to unchoose the default and try some more. Thanks.

    BW

    barbara@bookpro.com wrote:

    > I tried putting some in the build and buy folders last
    > night. I did get the one I put in the buy folder to play
    > once, then it seemed to cycle among all the usual music
    > and I didn't hear my MP3 again. Is there any way to get
    > rid of the existing music? I hate it.

    You go to the options screen and then sounds; there is the menu
    for the songs you hear on the stereo and in the menu's. You can
    uncheck the usual music and leave only your own unchecked. I did
    that for the stereo.

    T.

    Yes. Part of the sound options is to individually untick unwanted music. You
    have to go along a list of stations as well in the radio. I have unticked
    everything but I still get neighbourhood music anyway.

    MM

    <barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:45:44 -0500, ali <babaonthenet@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Greetings Marina,
    > >You put them in MyDocuments\EAGames\TheSims2\Music\...(enter whichever
    > >category you want them in hiphop,metal,pop,rnb,salsa,or techno). It's a
    > >wonderful thing. Makes playing the game that much more enjoyable!
    >
    > I tried putting some in the build and buy folders last night. I did
    > get the one I put in the buy folder to play once, then it seemed to
    > cycle among all the usual music and I didn't hear my MP3 again. Is
    > there any way to get rid of the existing music? I hate it.
    >
    > BW

    On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:26:40 GMT, "D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

    >BW, I thought it was cute at first...
    >but after awhile...it gets so damn grating..
    >I think you can unchoose the default and have your own playing
    >
    >wow...only one showed up?
    >how odd..

    It might have been that it didn't finish cycling through all the
    default ones and get back to the originals.

    I've added more MP3s in Build and Buy and unchecked the defaults.

    In Buy, I've put "If I Had A Million Dollars" by the Barenaked Ladies
    ("If I had a million dollars, I'd buy you a house. If I had a million
    dollars, I'd buy some furniture for your house," etc.). In Build, I
    put a song called "Working on a Building." I'll have to look through
    my CDs and see if there are other songs I can rip that have build and
    buy themes.

    BW

    Hey no probe!

    :)

    --
    > On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:26:40 GMT, "D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
    >
    >>BW, I thought it was cute at first...
    >>but after awhile...it gets so damn grating..
    >>I think you can unchoose the default and have your own playing
    >
    > I'll have to try that. Didn't know you could.
    >
    >>wow...only one showed up?
    >
    > I only put one in build and one in buy, to test. The build one played
    > once, and the buy one never did play. I'm going to go look for an
    > option to unchoose the default and try some more. Thanks.
    >
    > BW

    I hate the spell checker...
    I meant 'no prob'

    urgh ;P

    --
    - D

    barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
    > On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:45:44 -0500, ali <babaonthenet@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Greetings Marina,
    >>You put them in MyDocuments\EAGames\TheSims2\Music\...(enter whichever
    >>category you want them in hiphop,metal,pop,rnb,salsa,or techno). It's a
    >>wonderful thing. Makes playing the game that much more enjoyable!
    >

    > I tried putting some in the build and buy folders last night. I did
    > get the one I put in the buy folder to play once, then it seemed to
    > cycle among all the usual music and I didn't hear my MP3 again. Is
    > there any way to get rid of the existing music? I hate it.
    >
    > BW

    I have no idea how to get rid of the existing music. I share your
    hatred of it as well. I just turn the volume down when I'm
    furnishing/remodeling a place. The mp3's work great-I get to listen to
    my DuranDuran while I play, lol.

    Ali

    ali wrote:

    > I have no idea how to get rid of the existing music. I
    > share your hatred of it as well. I just turn the volume
    > down when I'm furnishing/remodeling a place. The mp3's
    > work great-I get to listen to my DuranDuran while I play,
    > lol.

    You put the MP3's you want in the Sims2/Music/Buy (or
    other)-folder; then, in the game, you go to sound options and
    tick off all the existing music in that folder.

    T.

    Taemon wrote:
    > ali wrote:
    >

    >>I have no idea how to get rid of the existing music. I
    >>share your hatred of it as well. I just turn the volume
    >>down when I'm furnishing/remodeling a place. The mp3's
    >>work great-I get to listen to my DuranDuran while I play,
    >>lol.
    >

    > You put the MP3's you want in the Sims2/Music/Buy (or
    > other)-folder; then, in the game, you go to sound options and
    > tick off all the existing music in that folder.
    >
    > T.

    Thanks!:)

    Ali

Sims Games MP3 Video Games