Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

where to put mp3`s in sims2?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 9:13:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

where to put mp3`s in sims2?

thanks

More about : put mp3 sims2

January 21, 2005 2:45:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

marina wrote:
> where to put mp3`s in sims2?
>
> thanks
>
>

Greetings Marina,
You put them in MyDocuments\EAGames\TheSims2\Music\...(enter whichever
category you want them in hiphop,metal,pop,rnb,salsa,or techno). It's a
wonderful thing. Makes playing the game that much more enjoyable!

Ali
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 9:57:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Thanks Ali!

"ali" <babaonthenet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:2tGdnYlhQObMrGzcRVn-vA@comcast.com...
> marina wrote:
> > where to put mp3`s in sims2?
> >
> > thanks
> >
> >
>
> Greetings Marina,
> You put them in MyDocuments\EAGames\TheSims2\Music\...(enter whichever
> category you want them in hiphop,metal,pop,rnb,salsa,or techno). It's a
> wonderful thing. Makes playing the game that much more enjoyable!
>
> Ali
Related resources
January 21, 2005 9:57:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

marina wrote:
> Thanks Ali!
>
> "ali" <babaonthenet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:2tGdnYlhQObMrGzcRVn-vA@comcast.com...
>
>>marina wrote:
>>
>>>where to put mp3`s in sims2?
>>>
>>>thanks
>>>
>>>
>>
>>Greetings Marina,
>>You put them in MyDocuments\EAGames\TheSims2\Music\...(enter whichever
>>category you want them in hiphop,metal,pop,rnb,salsa,or techno). It's a
>>wonderful thing. Makes playing the game that much more enjoyable!
>>
>>Ali
>
>
>

No prob! ;) 
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 6:31:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Oh, I am just like you!! I HATE having music files spread
everywhere...and also hate duplicates. But still, I had to put some of
my music into the Sims, but could not stand removing them from their
proper music folder in the proper music partition. I'd rather have
duplicates...my music library file is untouchable. Compulsive, I
know...

Smeraldina
January 22, 2005 10:11:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Am I imagining things wrong with nostalgia when I say this...

Isn't it true that in the Sims 1 you could just put "shortcuts" to your
MP3's and they would play on the radio?
You can't do that with the Sims 2
;(
I *really* wish you could!

And I am one of those weird people who don't like to have music anywhere
unless it's neatly categorised in ONE folder
to move it to another folder...or even to create duplicates...
God it's so wrong!
However I have the Sleepy Jacksons and Jack Johnson (around 5 or so songs)
shoved in the Sims 2 folder because I couldn't help myself...
But they are no longer in my big music library file..
sad..
aren't I?

--
- D
"ali" <babaonthenet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Z4qdnQVOxtpzxmzcRVn-hw@comcast.com...
> marina wrote:
>> Thanks Ali!
>>
>> "ali" <babaonthenet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:2tGdnYlhQObMrGzcRVn-vA@comcast.com...
>>
>>>marina wrote:
>>>
>>>>where to put mp3`s in sims2?
>>>>
>>>>thanks
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>Greetings Marina,
>>>You put them in MyDocuments\EAGames\TheSims2\Music\...(enter whichever
>>>category you want them in hiphop,metal,pop,rnb,salsa,or techno). It's a
>>>wonderful thing. Makes playing the game that much more enjoyable!
>>>
>>>Ali
>>
>>
>>
>
> No prob! ;) 
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 2:03:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:45:44 -0500, ali <babaonthenet@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Greetings Marina,
>You put them in MyDocuments\EAGames\TheSims2\Music\...(enter whichever
>category you want them in hiphop,metal,pop,rnb,salsa,or techno). It's a
>wonderful thing. Makes playing the game that much more enjoyable!

I tried putting some in the build and buy folders last night. I did
get the one I put in the buy folder to play once, then it seemed to
cycle among all the usual music and I didn't hear my MP3 again. Is
there any way to get rid of the existing music? I hate it.

BW
January 22, 2005 3:59:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Hear, Hear!

:) 

--
- D



"Smeraldina" <SmeraldinaGirl@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1106393477.446308.266590@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Oh, I am just like you!! I HATE having music files spread
> everywhere...and also hate duplicates. But still, I had to put some of
> my music into the Sims, but could not stand removing them from their
> proper music folder in the proper music partition. I'd rather have
> duplicates...my music library file is untouchable. Compulsive, I
> know...
>
> Smeraldina
>
January 22, 2005 7:26:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

BW, I thought it was cute at first...
but after awhile...it gets so damn grating..
I think you can unchoose the default and have your own playing

wow...only one showed up?
how odd..

--
- D
<barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
news:10v4uarmnvkbrc0@corp.supernews.com...
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:45:44 -0500, ali <babaonthenet@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Greetings Marina,
>>You put them in MyDocuments\EAGames\TheSims2\Music\...(enter whichever
>>category you want them in hiphop,metal,pop,rnb,salsa,or techno). It's a
>>wonderful thing. Makes playing the game that much more enjoyable!
>
> I tried putting some in the build and buy folders last night. I did
> get the one I put in the buy folder to play once, then it seemed to
> cycle among all the usual music and I didn't hear my MP3 again. Is
> there any way to get rid of the existing music? I hate it.
>
> BW
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 7:26:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:26:40 GMT, "D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>BW, I thought it was cute at first...
>but after awhile...it gets so damn grating..
>I think you can unchoose the default and have your own playing

I'll have to try that. Didn't know you could.

>wow...only one showed up?

I only put one in build and one in buy, to test. The build one played
once, and the buy one never did play. I'm going to go look for an
option to unchoose the default and try some more. Thanks.

BW
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 10:38:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

barbara@bookpro.com wrote:

> I tried putting some in the build and buy folders last
> night. I did get the one I put in the buy folder to play
> once, then it seemed to cycle among all the usual music
> and I didn't hear my MP3 again. Is there any way to get
> rid of the existing music? I hate it.

You go to the options screen and then sounds; there is the menu
for the songs you hear on the stereo and in the menu's. You can
uncheck the usual music and leave only your own unchecked. I did
that for the stereo.

T.
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 2:23:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Yes. Part of the sound options is to individually untick unwanted music. You
have to go along a list of stations as well in the radio. I have unticked
everything but I still get neighbourhood music anyway.

MM



<barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
news:10v4uarmnvkbrc0@corp.supernews.com...
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:45:44 -0500, ali <babaonthenet@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Greetings Marina,
> >You put them in MyDocuments\EAGames\TheSims2\Music\...(enter whichever
> >category you want them in hiphop,metal,pop,rnb,salsa,or techno). It's a
> >wonderful thing. Makes playing the game that much more enjoyable!
>
> I tried putting some in the build and buy folders last night. I did
> get the one I put in the buy folder to play once, then it seemed to
> cycle among all the usual music and I didn't hear my MP3 again. Is
> there any way to get rid of the existing music? I hate it.
>
> BW
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 4:12:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:26:40 GMT, "D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>BW, I thought it was cute at first...
>but after awhile...it gets so damn grating..
>I think you can unchoose the default and have your own playing
>
>wow...only one showed up?
>how odd..

It might have been that it didn't finish cycling through all the
default ones and get back to the originals.

I've added more MP3s in Build and Buy and unchecked the defaults.

In Buy, I've put "If I Had A Million Dollars" by the Barenaked Ladies
("If I had a million dollars, I'd buy you a house. If I had a million
dollars, I'd buy some furniture for your house," etc.). In Build, I
put a song called "Working on a Building." I'll have to look through
my CDs and see if there are other songs I can rip that have build and
buy themes.

BW
January 23, 2005 4:45:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Hey no probe!

:) 

--
- D
<barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
news:10v50lbae9u4c87@corp.supernews.com...
> On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:26:40 GMT, "D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>
>>BW, I thought it was cute at first...
>>but after awhile...it gets so damn grating..
>>I think you can unchoose the default and have your own playing
>
> I'll have to try that. Didn't know you could.
>
>>wow...only one showed up?
>
> I only put one in build and one in buy, to test. The build one played
> once, and the buy one never did play. I'm going to go look for an
> option to unchoose the default and try some more. Thanks.
>
> BW
January 23, 2005 4:46:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

I hate the spell checker...
I meant 'no prob'

urgh ;P

--
- D
"D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
news:1lDId.129975$K7.51970@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> Hey no probe!
>
> :) 
>
> --
> - D
> <barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
> news:10v50lbae9u4c87@corp.supernews.com...
>> On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:26:40 GMT, "D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>>
>>>BW, I thought it was cute at first...
>>>but after awhile...it gets so damn grating..
>>>I think you can unchoose the default and have your own playing
>>
>> I'll have to try that. Didn't know you could.
>>
>>>wow...only one showed up?
>>
>> I only put one in build and one in buy, to test. The build one played
>> once, and the buy one never did play. I'm going to go look for an
>> option to unchoose the default and try some more. Thanks.
>>
>> BW
>
>
January 31, 2005 9:32:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:45:44 -0500, ali <babaonthenet@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>
>>Greetings Marina,
>>You put them in MyDocuments\EAGames\TheSims2\Music\...(enter whichever
>>category you want them in hiphop,metal,pop,rnb,salsa,or techno). It's a
>>wonderful thing. Makes playing the game that much more enjoyable!
>
>
> I tried putting some in the build and buy folders last night. I did
> get the one I put in the buy folder to play once, then it seemed to
> cycle among all the usual music and I didn't hear my MP3 again. Is
> there any way to get rid of the existing music? I hate it.
>
> BW

I have no idea how to get rid of the existing music. I share your
hatred of it as well. I just turn the volume down when I'm
furnishing/remodeling a place. The mp3's work great-I get to listen to
my DuranDuran while I play, lol.

Ali
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 10:22:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

ali wrote:

> I have no idea how to get rid of the existing music. I
> share your hatred of it as well. I just turn the volume
> down when I'm furnishing/remodeling a place. The mp3's
> work great-I get to listen to my DuranDuran while I play,
> lol.

You put the MP3's you want in the Sims2/Music/Buy (or
other)-folder; then, in the game, you go to sound options and
tick off all the existing music in that folder.

T.
February 2, 2005 10:00:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Taemon wrote:
> ali wrote:
>
>
>>I have no idea how to get rid of the existing music. I
>>share your hatred of it as well. I just turn the volume
>>down when I'm furnishing/remodeling a place. The mp3's
>>work great-I get to listen to my DuranDuran while I play,
>>lol.
>
>
> You put the MP3's you want in the Sims2/Music/Buy (or
> other)-folder; then, in the game, you go to sound options and
> tick off all the existing music in that folder.
>
> T.
>
>

Thanks!:) 

Ali
!