cannot change timezone

im in gmt -6 and my pc shows gmt -7. i´m changing it in
the time / zone panel , then clicking on (apply) and then
clicking on (ok), but no changes occur. when i go back
into the time/zone panel, it has again gmt -7

Grant

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004

Double click the time on the taskbar(low right
corner)..Clicktime zone tab, and use pull down to set to
your region (there are four -6 GMT places). Click to auto
adjust for daylight savings, and then click apply. Reboot.