GA P55A UD3 fan connections

dennis2

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
I have a Gigabyte GA P55A UD3 motherboard. My case is a cooler master haf 922. I'm quite confused on how to deal with the following connections. On my case I have 3 fans. I would add a 200 mm side case fan but I would plug this into a molex cable. I just don't know where to plug the three other fans. I see sysfan1 sysfan2 and pwrfan on the motherboard. Where do I plug my fans on my mobo. I just want my mobo to control the speed of the fan instead of just plugging it into a molex.

Here is a diagram of my board.

gap55aud3.png

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Yep, use those 3 for the other three fans. And control the speed of those 3 fans in the bios. Will work like a champ.

If your 3 fans have the big molex connectors you'll need adaptors or you'll have to mod the fans and add the proper connectors. Or buy fans with the right connectors.

dennis2

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
my case has a fan in front to cool the hard drive. Do i plug the cable of this fan to the pwr_fan connection on the mobo? The two other fans. The fan located on top of the case and the fan located behind the case goes to the sysfan_1 and sysfan_2 connections right?

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
You connect it to any one you want. You figure out what temps for each one need to be set at xx at xx speeds for xx temps.

There is NONE for the HD temps you can monitor, no measurements on the mobo. You figure, if my pwr is warm, should I turn up my fan by the HD? Thats a main case input cooling fan right? Well maybe you should turn the fan up if the pwr temps go up. same with the others.

I suggest you hook the fans up and begin to play with your bios fan settings. You'll figure it out.

Just do it, play with it.

dennis2

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
I think I figured it out. I have 3 fans on my haf 922. I noticed that all three of them have 3 pin connectors. So I would have to plug in the top fan on pwr_fan and the rear fan on sys_fan1. Out of curiosity what kind of fan do you plug in on the sys_fan2. I noticed that this has a 4 pin connection.

The hard drive fan located in front and the 200 mm side case fan that I bought. I would just plug this in to a molex connector.