Sign in with
Your question

CD-rom problems

Last response: in Storage
May 16, 2010 11:04:40 AM

Ok, so I'll try to explain my problem as detailed as I can.

I got two dvd-rom units, they where both working like they normally do, untill one day, they just didn't ... They don't show up at "My Computer", nor do i find them in the device manager.
I can't even find them in the BIOS interface. They are seemingly not there at all .. so my guess is, probably something disturbed them both at the same time, i.e. drivers, or possibly overcurrent ...

Anyway, at this point my friend is throwing away two of his perfectly working dvd-rom units, simply 'cause he got some blu-ray ones ... and reasonably, I got them, and connected these ones instead of my old ones.

No change ...

In the boot sequence, i can open and close both disc drives at will, but when windows is loaded, one of them seems jammed, while the other one works all good.

I've tried to connect only one of them at a time, no change.

In my device manager, there is only one mentionworthy matter, there is an "unknown device" missing drivers.
Could it be my one cd-rom unit?
And why won't they both show up there in this case?
(Don't know if it's still there when I disconnect the disc drives)

Other mentionworthy errors i've found, that COULD be connected.

When I boot my computer, I'm able to enter BIOS (by pressing DEL in the memorycheck), however, if I choose not to enter BIOS, and the boot sequence continues, the keyboard is non-responsive untill the windows logon screen.

This is not a major problem, however, it's worth mentioning IMO.

If it's relevant, I have an aBit motherboard, and µGuru something something BIOS interface.

EDIT:
Motherboard is - aBit AB9 Pro

I really need you guys on this one ...

Thanks

More about : rom problems

Anonymous
a b G Storage
May 16, 2010 12:43:38 PM

Download the driver package for your motherboard and re-install it. Sounds like the Disk Controller drivers.
May 16, 2010 1:10:09 PM

Quote:
Download the driver package for your motherboard and re-install it. Sounds like the Disk Controller drivers.

Thank you. I will try it in a moment, and reply whether it works or not, for future reference ...

Thanks again for the quick reply :) 
!