Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

(Sims2) Anyone have this happen

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 2:06:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

One of my dead sims has become semi-undead. They and their hubby had both
been showing up in the screen when I load their house. They also get a lot
of phonecalls for dead people but I could live with that. Now suddenly she
is showing up with a thumbnail although still a ghost. I can direct her
ghost to go places too. I don't know what to do about it. As luck would have
it this happened in a house I am doing the legacy challenge in and I am
stumped about what to do about it. If she counts as a sim thanks to her
thumbnail being there we have a problem because that makes 8 sims and one of
the other sims is pregnant.

Gareeth

More about : sims2 happen

Anonymous
January 19, 2005 5:50:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Gareeth wrote:
> One of my dead sims has become semi-undead. They and their hubby had
> both been showing up in the screen when I load their house. They
also
> get a lot of phonecalls for dead people but I could live with that.
> Now suddenly she is showing up with a thumbnail although still a
> ghost. I can direct her ghost to go places too. I don't know what to
> do about it. As luck would have it this happened in a house I am
> doing the legacy challenge in and I am stumped about what to do
about
> it. If she counts as a sim thanks to her thumbnail being there we
> have a problem because that makes 8 sims and one of the other sims
is
> pregnant.

Delete their tombstones/urns (if you haven't already)...
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 8:44:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message
news:10uthtglqf644b0@corp.supernews.com...
>>
> Delete their tombstones/urns (if you haven't already)...
>
Can't. It says it is in use. Plus I suppose I could cheat and manage to get
it out but then I would lose the point for the platnum grave and I am scared
if I delete it while she is out I won't be able to get her back in. I might
try it though.

Gareeth
Related resources
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 5:52:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

You need the move objects on cheat to delete a grave when the ghost is
active - have you tried just deleting her and seeing what the results of
that are? Also maybe if you have a look at her in SimPE you could re-add the
am dead memories or re-tick the is ghost box if either are missing.

MM



"Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:358ielF4gqa9dU1@individual.net...
>
> "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message
> news:10uthtglqf644b0@corp.supernews.com...
> >>
> > Delete their tombstones/urns (if you haven't already)...
> >
> Can't. It says it is in use. Plus I suppose I could cheat and manage to
get
> it out but then I would lose the point for the platnum grave and I am
scared
> if I delete it while she is out I won't be able to get her back in. I
might
> try it though.
>
> Gareeth
>
>
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 5:52:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
news:V1FHd.125254$K7.53247@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> You need the move objects on cheat to delete a grave when the ghost is
> active - have you tried just deleting her and seeing what the results of
> that are? Also maybe if you have a look at her in SimPE you could re-add
> the
> am dead memories or re-tick the is ghost box if either are missing.

I did look in her in SimPE but I couldn't find anything about being dead or
a ghost box. Where are those things?

Gareeth
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 2:15:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

All dead Sims have a memory of being dead. Most seem to have two memories of
being dead. If you open up the neighbourhood and then select
'Neighbourhood/Memory' from the list of options on the left, select it again
from the list that appears in the right-most top display box, and then
select the plugin view screen. You will now have a list of Sims down the
left hand side of your SimPE. If you find your Sim she should have at least
one death memory. If not you can add it using the drop boxes on the right.
Remember to commit and save.

As for the ghost ticks - they are available on the 'Sim Description' plugin
view. On this screen there are some more tabs to select from (just below the
text boxes). The default display is set on Interests and the ghost boxes are
on Character. You'd think that a ghost would have all of these boxes ticked,
but it usually is that they have only the 'is ghost' box ticked. Remember to
commit and save.

If you do not have these things you may need to update your SimPE. Also -
you may want to post a message with a title something like "please help me
repair a broken ghost" Or "help me make my Sim stay dead" or "SimPE help
with understanding death please" to try and get some of the people who've
done more with resurrecting dead Sims to come out of the woodwork. That's
where my knowledge of this is based in - what I have done to resurrect a
Sim, turned in reverse.

If all else fails you may have to get an editor or in-game object and move
the Sim into the default family so that she, at least, won't be cluttering
up your screen.

In consolation. Sims 2 does not crash if there are more than 8 Sims in a
household.

MM


"Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:359ajhF4kk7u1U1@individual.net...
>
> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> news:V1FHd.125254$K7.53247@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > You need the move objects on cheat to delete a grave when the ghost is
> > active - have you tried just deleting her and seeing what the results of
> > that are? Also maybe if you have a look at her in SimPE you could re-add
> > the
> > am dead memories or re-tick the is ghost box if either are missing.
>
> I did look in her in SimPE but I couldn't find anything about being dead
or
> a ghost box. Where are those things?
>
> Gareeth
>
>
>
>
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 8:25:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
news:ApMHd.125972$K7.79765@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> All dead Sims have a memory of being dead. Most seem to have two memories
> of
> being dead. If you open up the neighbourhood and then select
> 'Neighbourhood/Memory' from the list of options on the left, select it
> again
> from the list that appears in the right-most top display box, and then
> select the plugin view screen. You will now have a list of Sims down the
> left hand side of your SimPE. If you find your Sim she should have at
> least
> one death memory. If not you can add it using the drop boxes on the right.
> Remember to commit and save.
>
Thanks. I was able to follow those directions. Unfortunately the Sim in
question seems to be fuly aware that she is dead and a ghost. I don't know
if I can get her to move out. I doubt it but I will try.

Gareeth
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 10:17:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Gareeth wrote:
> One of my dead sims has become semi-undead. They and their hubby had both
> been showing up in the screen when I load their house. They also get a lot
> of phonecalls for dead people but I could live with that. Now suddenly she
> is showing up with a thumbnail although still a ghost. I can direct her
> ghost to go places too. I don't know what to do about it. As luck would have
> it this happened in a house I am doing the legacy challenge in and I am
> stumped about what to do about it. If she counts as a sim thanks to her
> thumbnail being there we have a problem because that makes 8 sims and one of
> the other sims is pregnant.

What is this legacy challenge I keep hearing about?

--
--Cuth
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 10:17:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:41F0AC75.9080106@earthlink.net...
>
> What is this legacy challenge I keep hearing about?
>
You play one household for ten generations. There are all sorts of rules to
it though. Aspiration assignment is done with a roll of the dice. You can
only marry or move in townies or NPC's and there are bonus points for all
sorts of things which is what made me relectant to try and delete the
tombstone. If you do a search on the BBS at the maxis site you can find the
full rules. It has made my game a little more interesting again.

Gareeth
January 21, 2005 1:52:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

family or neighbours?

--
- D
"Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
news:ApMHd.125972$K7.79765@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
<snip>
> In consolation. Sims 2 does not crash if there are more than 8 Sims in a
> household.
>
> MM
>
>
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 6:15:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Either. It is set up to prevent the _occurrence_ of more than 8 Sims being
members of a house. But if you force it to accept extra members through an
external program the worse that will happen is slowdowns associated with too
many Sims. The overstuffed hacks are something else though. I fully believe
the creators of these when they tell me they are dangerous and - no matter
how much I wanted the option to have a family Sim with all her children
still living at home (which you can do anyway if you keep moving her out and
in with SimPE everytime you want her to get pregnant) I left those well
alone.

MM



"D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
news:T95Id.127603$K7.122231@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> family or neighbours?
>
> --
> - D
> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> news:ApMHd.125972$K7.79765@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> <snip>
> > In consolation. Sims 2 does not crash if there are more than 8 Sims in a
> > household.
> >
> > MM
> >
> >
>
!