PE

Last response: in Video Games
January 20, 2005 1:42:05 AM

I have renamed the three in-game neighbourhoods so they wouldn't
show up any more, hoping to shorten loading time; I only play
with my own neighbourhood, Nexus. But PE doesn't get it - thinks
that N004 is Strangetown, showing only Strangetown sims in their
Strangetown age, and no relationships at all. It isn't that
troublesome, what with all the new cheats that are available, but
still I'd like to use PE for some things. Anyone ideas?

Oh, loading time didn't shorten. Dare I just throw them away?

T.

More about : pe

Anonymous
January 20, 2005 1:42:06 AM

I'm not sure that I understand everything you said - but here's a statement
of fact in the hopes that it will help you.

"I have deleted individual neighbourhood folders with no ill effect to my
game. Other than the fact the neighbourhood is gone"

I suggest that you make a backup copy of the neighbourhoods you delete in
case you want them again or something

MM

"Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
> I have renamed the three in-game neighbourhoods so they wouldn't
> show up any more, hoping to shorten loading time; I only play
> with my own neighbourhood, Nexus. But PE doesn't get it - thinks
> that N004 is Strangetown, showing only Strangetown sims in their
> Strangetown age, and no relationships at all. It isn't that
> troublesome, what with all the new cheats that are available, but
> still I'd like to use PE for some things. Anyone ideas?
>
> Oh, loading time didn't shorten. Dare I just throw them away?
>
> T.

Anonymous
January 20, 2005 1:42:06 AM

Taemon wrote:
> I have renamed the three in-game neighbourhoods so they wouldn't
> show up any more, hoping to shorten loading time; I only play
> with my own neighbourhood, Nexus.
<snip>

Neighborhoods only get loaded when you click on them to play them, so
they have no effect on loading time. Size of the neighborhood (how
many sims and such) is what determines the loading time, mostly.
January 20, 2005 10:44:40 PM

Jeremy Reaban wrote:

> Taemon wrote:
> > I have renamed the three in-game neighbourhoods so they
> > wouldn't show up any more, hoping to shorten loading
> > time; I only play with my own neighbourhood, Nexus.
> <snip>
> Neighborhoods only get loaded when you click on them to
> play them, so they have no effect on loading time. Size
> of the neighborhood (how many sims and such) is what
> determines the loading time, mostly.

Thanks. I'll keep it this way, then. Nobody knows how to tell
this to my PE? The problem is that PE still thinks we're playing
Strangeville, not my own neighbourhood.

T.
January 21, 2005 2:32:13 PM

Did you go to Plug-in>Neighbourhood Browser
And pick your custom neighbourhood from there?

--
- D
> Jeremy Reaban wrote:
>
>> Taemon wrote:
>> > I have renamed the three in-game neighbourhoods so they
>> > wouldn't show up any more, hoping to shorten loading
>> > time; I only play with my own neighbourhood, Nexus.
>> <snip>
>> Neighborhoods only get loaded when you click on them to
>> play them, so they have no effect on loading time. Size
>> of the neighborhood (how many sims and such) is what
>> determines the loading time, mostly.
>
> Thanks. I'll keep it this way, then. Nobody knows how to tell
> this to my PE? The problem is that PE still thinks we're playing
> Strangeville, not my own neighbourhood.
>
> T.

Anonymous
January 21, 2005 8:12:59 PM

D wrote:

> > > Taemon wrote:
> > Thanks. I'll keep it this way, then. Nobody knows how
> > to tell this to my PE? The problem is that PE still
> > thinks we're playing Strangeville, not my own
> > neighbourhood.
> Did you go to Plug-in>Neighbourhood Browser
> And pick your custom neighbourhood from there?

I tried that, but with the same results. I shows all my sims
younger than they are and no relationships at all. And this while
I'm dying to uncheck the "can pass through walls"-box for an angy
ghost :-)

T.
January 22, 2005 9:58:41 AM

Ahhh I think I know what the problem is...
Did you notice a box (either pink or blue) next to the sim that you are
trying to work with?
The current stage of the Sim is represented by a thumbnail which is not
dimmed and has no boxes anywhere

Some of my simkids are still kids even though they are teens
(according to SimPE) but if I make changes, click commit then save
it shows up in the game ;)

Apart from renaming their surname...for some reason that doesn't work for me
:/

--
- D

>> > Thanks. I'll keep it this way, then. Nobody knows how
>> > to tell this to my PE? The problem is that PE still
>> > thinks we're playing Strangeville, not my own
>> > neighbourhood.
>> Did you go to Plug-in>Neighbourhood Browser
>> And pick your custom neighbourhood from there?
>
> I tried that, but with the same results. I shows all my sims
> younger than they are and no relationships at all. And this while
> I'm dying to uncheck the "can pass through walls"-box for an angy
> ghost :-)
>
> T.

Anonymous
January 22, 2005 10:27:24 PM

D wrote:

> > > Did you go to Plug-in>Neighbourhood Browser
> > > And pick your custom neighbourhood from there?
> > I tried that, but with the same results. I shows all my
> > sims younger than they are and no relationships at all.
> > And this while I'm dying to uncheck the "can pass
> > through walls"-box for an angy ghost :-)
> Ahhh I think I know what the problem is...
> Did you notice a box (either pink or blue) next to the
> sim that you are trying to work with?

No. Where would that be? Next to the picture?

> The current stage of the Sim is represented by a
> thumbnail which is not dimmed and has no boxes anywhere

The thumbnail looks normal, albeit hopelessly outdated. See,
there are also Strangeville sims in there, and I haven't played
Strangeville in weeks. But I noticed that for the first child
born in Nexus the PE record is correct, with relationships and
all. She is the only one showing relationships.

Do you think this University college ground will appear in custom
neighbourhoods? I'd hate to have to move over my sims back to an
in-game neighbourhood, thereby AGAIN losing all their
relationship points.

> Apart from renaming their surname...for some reason that
> doesn't work for me :/

Nor for me. I tried to rename the "&" family to "Ampersand", but
no such luck :-)

T.
January 23, 2005 4:44:51 AM

Well, you want to change a sim right?
Did you open Sim Browser?
The little boxes appear on the actual thumbnail
those thumbnails are useless...because they are broken
Do you have access to the binaries group? it might help if I post an example
*I think* that's what's wrong with your game, because everytime I click on a
thumbnail in Sim Browser, on a sim that is current, as in they have the same
make up and hair and clothes since I last left them, all the changes I have
made have stuck. Apart from the surname changing thing..
--
- D
"Taemon" <Taemon@zonne

D wrote:

> Well, you want to change a sim right?

Yes :-) Well, some of their relationships.

> Did you open Sim Browser?

The neighbourhood browser plugin, and then the Sim Description.
Oh. I now see a Sim Browser with little boxes on thumbnails... It
didn't have that the last time I used PE! Succesfully.

Okay, so everyone is greyed out expect for the sims that were
born in this neighbourhood and the townies. Those I can tinker
with.

> The little boxes appear on the actual thumbnail
> those thumbnails are useless...because they are broken
> Do you have access to the binaries group?

No, I use Individual.Net (like half of usenet). But I found the
screen you were talking about.

> it might help
> if I post an example *I think* that's what's wrong with
> your game, because everytime I click on a thumbnail in
> Sim Browser, on a sim that is current, as in they have
> the same make up and hair and clothes since I last left
> them, all the changes I have made have stuck. Apart from
> the surname changing thing..

Now what exactly is wrong? Do you know a way in which I can
tinker with my Strangeville-born sims?

TIA! You've been a great help already.

T.
January 24, 2005 11:09:14 AM

The only thing I can suggest now is to play around with the neighbourhoods
For some reason Juliet's sister (Harmonia whatever) appears in my Point
Piper (my custom neighbourhood) and I can edit her.

Try it and see
I wouldn't know what else...but try and make sure you are working on
undimmed sims (i.e thumbnails)

and yeah, everyone here has helped me too when it comes to SimPE
I'm just about to change the appearance of my English aristocrat Ivy
Valentine...she has this perpetual scowl that is too ugly...gotta tweak that
just a bit..
I just finished decorating her Victorian style manor...Oh my..it's the best
work me and my building buddy Beenie, have done. It helps that she's just
finished an Interior Design degree! and that I'm a download junkie ;)
--
- D

>D wrote:
>
>> Well, you want to change a sim right?
>
> Yes :-) Well, some of their relationships.
>
>> Did you open Sim Browser?
>
> The neighbourhood browser plugin, and then the Sim Description.
> Oh. I now see a Sim Browser with little boxes on thumbnails... It
> didn't have that the last time I used PE! Succesfully.
>
> Okay, so everyone is greyed out expect for the sims that were
> born in this neighbourhood and the townies. Those I can tinker
> with.
>
> Now what exactly is wrong? Do you know a way in which I can
> tinker with my Strangeville-born sims?
>
> TIA! You've been a great help already.
>
> T.

Anonymous
January 24, 2005 9:10:50 PM

D wrote:

> Try it and see
> I wouldn't know what else...but try and make sure you are
> working on undimmed sims (i.e thumbnails)

Much easier to find the sims you want, too. Thanks!

> I just finished decorating her Victorian style manor...Oh
> my..it's the best work me and my building buddy Beenie,
> have done. It helps that she's just finished an Interior
> Design degree! and that I'm a download junkie ;)

I'm slowly getting better in this house-building thing. Not much,
mind :-) But watching others helps.

T.
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 9:10:51 PM

On 1/24/05 12:10 PM, in article 35koh3F4ohq0tU1@individual.net, "Taemon"
<Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:

> D wrote:
>
>> Try it and see
>> I wouldn't know what else...but try and make sure you are
>> working on undimmed sims (i.e thumbnails)
>
> Much easier to find the sims you want, too. Thanks!
>
>> I just finished decorating her Victorian style manor...Oh
>> my..it's the best work me and my building buddy Beenie,
>> have done. It helps that she's just finished an Interior
>> Design degree! and that I'm a download junkie ;)
>
> I'm slowly getting better in this house-building thing. Not much,
> mind :-) But watching others helps.
>
> T.

I have to ask. I'm new at this. What is PE?
Barb
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 10:38:36 PM

>D wrote:
>
>> Try it and see
>> I wouldn't know what else...but try and make sure you are
>> working on undimmed sims (i.e thumbnails)
>
> Much easier to find the sims you want, too. Thanks!
>
>> I just finished decorating her Victorian style manor...Oh
>> my..it's the best work me and my building buddy Beenie,
>> have done. It helps that she's just finished an Interior
>> Design degree! and that I'm a download junkie ;)
>
> I'm slowly getting better in this house-building thing. Not much,
> mind :-) But watching others helps.

Glum. I have come to the conclusion that I am very unadventurous when it
comes to houses. I don;t like more than two floors. In fact, I like
bungalows so you can see what everyone is doing at once.

Checking back over my current batch of used homes they are all mostly a
variation on 'English Posh.' The sort that appear in the better class of
magazine as 'Gentleman's Country home....'
Wishful thinking, perchance?

Granny.
January 25, 2005 1:07:00 AM

"Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> Glum. I have come to the conclusion that I am very unadventurous when it
> comes to houses. I don;t like more than two floors. In fact, I like
> bungalows so you can see what everyone is doing at once.

I used to do that! Until I realised a new way to play that wasn't so
fraustrating in 3rd floor homes.
Sometimes I think that the actions Maxis gave us are so limited....I am
hankering for animations such as: "criticize", "be exasperated with"', "tell
ghost story", "act snobbish" that would be cool...

> Checking back over my current batch of used homes they are all mostly a
> variation on 'English Posh.' The sort that appear in the better class of
> magazine as 'Gentleman's Country home....'
> Wishful thinking, perchance?
>
> Granny.

I like English styled houses, but I'm not too good on building from scratch,
I usually use a downloaded house as a base.
;)
Laziness perhaps? Oh yeah,

- D
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 2:02:18 AM

"D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

>> Glum. I have come to the conclusion that I am very unadventurous when it
>> comes to houses. I don;t like more than two floors. In fact, I like
>> bungalows so you can see what everyone is doing at once.
>>

> I used to do that! Until I realised a new way to play that wasn't so
> fraustrating in 3rd floor homes.

Like what? Pray tell. I need all the help I can get.

Do you include a foundation in that? I never use them. They drive me
bananas.
Though I have one or two houses that have lots of stairs, they are still on
one level.
I keep my beady eyes on my Sims.

> Sometimes I think that the actions Maxis gave us are so limited....I am
> hankering for animations such as: "criticize", "be exasperated with"',
> "tell ghost story", "act snobbish" that would be cool...

Oh yes. 'Nag' would be another useful one. And I always said we, the God,
should have a 'administer a smack' command. A hand from the sky. Bop!
NOW behave yourself and find another toilet. there is one right next door.
Just MOVE!

> I like English styled houses, but I'm not too good on building from
> scratch, I usually use a downloaded house as a base.
> ;)
> Laziness perhaps? Oh yeah,

But it is easy. Start with a front door, with windows, and make a nice hall.
Grow the rest symetrical, like, round the furniture. Hum. The very worst
part, I find, is adding lights. Don;t know why. Adding lights always is done
through gritted teeth.
Besides, I have a nice collection of fully furnished houses all ready. 8))
now that IS lazy.

No chance to play, or do much today. visitor. 8( I am currently watching an
intelligent shark gobble people up. 8(

Granny.
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 10:23:20 PM

Barb_H wrote:

> I have to ask. I'm new at this. What is PE?

SimsPE is a program with which you can tweak a lot of things
about your sims, like age, relationship scores, aspiration,
etcetera. It has become a bit redundant because of other cools
cheats, but there are things only PE can do (like throwing out
that goddamned townies out of the phone lists. No townies for MY
sims!)

You can get it at http://www.sims.ambertation.de/; there are new
versions and plugins almost daily. PE rocks.

Feel free to ask anything you want!

T.
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 10:26:40 PM

Granny Crabapple wrote:

> Glum. I have come to the conclusion that I am very
> unadventurous when it comes to houses. I don;t like more
> than two floors. In fact, I like bungalows so you can see
> what everyone is doing at once.

I never use more than one floor. Control-freak, me.

If you don't use fundaments, do you level the terrain before
building? I like having height differences on my lots. I built an
awful house on a hill, three separate pieces connected with
stairs. It is not convenient in any known sense of the word, but
it sure is mighty ridiculous!

How can you have a house without storeys but with stairs? Where
do the stairs go to? What is it you have agains fundaments? You
can put wallpaper on them so they fit in with the rest of the
house.

T.
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 11:09:51 PM

> Granny Crabapple wrote:
>
>> Glum. I have come to the conclusion that I am very
>> unadventurous when it comes to houses. I don;t like more
>> than two floors. In fact, I like bungalows so you can see
>> what everyone is doing at once.
>
> I never use more than one floor. Control-freak, me.
>
> If you don't use fundaments, do you level the terrain before
> building? I like having height differences on my lots. I built an
> awful house on a hill, three separate pieces connected with
> stairs. It is not convenient in any known sense of the word, but
> it sure is mighty ridiculous!
>
> How can you have a house without storeys but with stairs? Where
> do the stairs go to? What is it you have agains fundaments? You
> can put wallpaper on them so they fit in with the rest of the
> house.
>
> T.

I hadn't come across this meaning of fundament before. Made me laugh.
Look it up in the dictionary. Is that the word you use in the USA?
Different countries, different meanings. ;) )

Skeatsan''co
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 11:15:56 PM

Skeatsan''co wrote:

> "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
>
>>Granny Crabapple wrote:
>>

>>>Glum. I have come to the conclusion that I am very
>>>unadventurous when it comes to houses. I don;t like more
>>>than two floors. In fact, I like bungalows so you can see
>>>what everyone is doing at once.
>>
>>I never use more than one floor. Control-freak, me.
>>
>>If you don't use fundaments, do you level the terrain before
>>building? I like having height differences on my lots. I built an
>>awful house on a hill, three separate pieces connected with
>>stairs. It is not convenient in any known sense of the word, but
>>it sure is mighty ridiculous!
>>
>>How can you have a house without storeys but with stairs? Where
>>do the stairs go to? What is it you have agains fundaments? You
>>can put wallpaper on them so they fit in with the rest of the
>>house.
>>
>>T.
>>

> I hadn't come across this meaning of fundament before. Made me laugh.
> Look it up in the dictionary. Is that the word you use in the USA?
> Different countries, different meanings. ;) )

the .nl means Netherlands. Taemon is Dutch and English is one of the
several languages that person uses...

Obviously, the proper English is foundation. But fundament is the bottom
part and works just as well. Fundament can also be translated as the
basic building blocks everything rests on, like the fundaments of a good
education, and not just the fundament you sit upon.

:)

-georg
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 12:54:11 AM

On 1/25/05 1:23 PM, in article 35nh52F4hju3eU1@individual.net, "Taemon"
<Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:

> Barb_H wrote:
>
>> I have to ask. I'm new at this. What is PE?
>
> SimsPE is a program with which you can tweak a lot of things
> about your sims, like age, relationship scores, aspiration,
> etcetera. It has become a bit redundant because of other cools
> cheats, but there are things only PE can do (like throwing out
> that goddamned townies out of the phone lists. No townies for MY
> sims!)
>
> You can get it at http://www.sims.ambertation.de/; there are new
> versions and plugins almost daily. PE rocks.
>
> Feel free to ask anything you want!
>
> T.

Thanks!!!
Barb
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 11:29:48 AM

"Skeatsan''co" <overthemoon@overthemoonagain.co.uk> wrote in message

Bah, over-enthusiastic backing up yesterday. Lost old posts and things. I
say, isn't that 'Clean up all headings and posts,' efficient? 8(((

Power supply has arrived. It is BIG. Husband decided if I wanted 'that'
power supply at X pounds, then 'this' power supply at X*2+X will be so much
better. So it is, sweetie-pie, but what a lot of money!!!!! Leave well
alone now until the son returnes, then bully him.

>> I never use more than one floor. Control-freak, me.

This is a fib. Current crop of houses have two stories - no fundaments. 8)

>> If you don't use fundaments, do you level the terrain before
>> building?

Oh yes. The whole plot, before I start. Landscaping comes later.

I like having height differences on my lots. I built an
>> awful house on a hill, three separate pieces connected with
>> stairs. It is not convenient in any known sense of the word, but
>> it sure is mighty ridiculous!

No-no-no! Such houses are artistic! Progressive. Er.. Modern? Anything, but
not ridiculous. My Cliff-fall House must be on about six or seven levels,
top down to the swimming pool. Stairs everywhere. Those floating ones, and
lots of deco-like steel railings. Almost like a ship. Looks fantastic at
night from the sea-side. All lit up.
Hell to live in though, I would think. Need the stamina of a Olympic
athlete.
Never ran the house with toddlers/children yet. use it as a Batchelor pad.
very outdoorish.
Designed by Vulcans. Lived in by idiots.

>> How can you have a house without storeys but with stairs?

The same way as you said, about the three pieces connected by stairs. 8)

Where
>> do the stairs go to?

Up... and down... Or down and up. What do you mean? Enter front door...
study on right, living area on left, double doors ahead. Stairs from hall
down to walkway to kitchen/dining block or tuen left there to bedroom, down
a few stairs.. Or, stairs from living area balcony to swimming pool... or
top story stairs to outside, short walkway to back of the loo on lower
balcony barbie area.

8( Would you like pictures? I am not running the house at the moment but
can soon drop it on the side of a cliff somewhere.

What is it you have agains fundaments?

Up/down level from kitchen to garden makes me mad. Foundations/basements not
usualy a UK thing. Or porches. was a interesting little prog on TV last year
about a lady who wished to buid a timber-framed 'typical' eastern seaboard
??? type house in the UK. She ordered all the parts from the US. Was a
lovely house. Porches all round lower story. Looked very American. The sort
of house Stephen King likes to use when setting up a typical American
'small-town' perfection type thing??
Anyway. Last heard nobody would give her planning permission. Lovely house,
but... Not British.
Of COURSE it wasn't! That was the whole point!!
But stick-in-mud planners said 'tut-tut' take it away. Would spoil the look
of the village.

Hmmm... and little brick retirement bungalows in rows doesn't spoil the
look?

You
>> can put wallpaper on them so they fit in with the rest of the
>> house.

WALLPAPER!!!! On the OUTSIDE??? Holy smoke!!! What's the paper made out
of?

>> T.
>>
> I hadn't come across this meaning of fundament before. Made me laugh.
> Look it up in the dictionary. Is that the word you use in the USA?
> Different countries, different meanings. ;) )

Arrr. Is good that. made me smile. Brought a new meaning to 'give him a kick
up the fundiment.'
So a 'foundation cream' would be smeared all inside a building trench before
the concrete gets poured in.. right?
Don't ask about 'foundation garment.' it's not polite.

Granny.
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 2:07:58 PM

Am Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:23:20 +0100 schrieb Taemon:
> SimsPE is a program with which you can tweak a lot of things
> about your sims, like age, relationship scores, aspiration,
> etcetera. It has become a bit redundant because of other cools
> cheats, but there are things only PE can do (like throwing out
> that goddamned townies out of the phone lists. No townies for MY
> sims!)
>
> You can get it at http://www.sims.ambertation.de/; there are new
> versions and plugins almost daily. PE rocks.

Hey, thanks, I'll try that out! Those townies are annoying!

:)
Dorte
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 10:08:54 PM

Skeatsan''co wrote:

> "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
> > How can you have a house without storeys but with
> > stairs? Where do the stairs go to? What is it you have
> > agains fundaments? You can put wallpaper on them so
> > they fit in with the rest of the house.
> I hadn't come across this meaning of fundament before.
> Made me laugh. Look it up in the dictionary. Is that the
> word you use in the USA? Different countries, different
> meanings. ;) )

I am Dutch, as Georg already noted... In Dutch, foundation is
"fundament", so I didn't see anything strange about it :-)

T.
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 10:12:08 PM

Barb_H wrote:

> On 1/25/05 1:23 PM, in article
> 35nh52F4hju3eU1@individual.net, "Taemon"
> <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:
> > Barb_H wrote:
> > > I have to ask. I'm new at this. What is PE?
<snip>
> > Feel free to ask anything you want!
> Thanks!!!

Welcome. You use it by File -> Open ("Duh", Barb_H thinks), then
click the N00x_Neighborhood.package where x is the neighbourhood
of your choice, then Plugins -> Sim browser or something else you
want to tweak. It doesn't always work; it's still beta. It's
great.

T.
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 10:20:39 PM

Granny Crabapple wrote:

> > > I never use more than one floor. Control-freak, me.
> This is a fib. Current crop of houses have two stories -
> no fundaments. 8)

What is a fib? Okay, this is. I mean, what does fib mean? Do I
mean...

> > > If you don't use fundaments, do you level the terrain
> > > before building?
> Oh yes. The whole plot, before I start. Landscaping comes
> later.

Hills. I like hills. And holes. Hills with holes. I told you
about the China-deep ponds, didn't I? I found that if you raise
the floor up from China again, you get mighty scary-looking pikes
in your pond. Paint them red for your Vlad the Impaler-needs.

> I like having height differences on my lots. I built an
> > > awful house on a hill, three separate pieces
> > > connected with stairs. It is not convenient in any
> > > known sense of the word, but it sure is mighty
> > > ridiculous!
> No-no-no! Such houses are artistic! Progressive. Er..
> Modern? Anything, but not ridiculous.

It's all of these and more. It's also inhabited by the most sexy
sim currently in town. He's started an affair with my female
self, Tae. She is to have a child with my male self, Mon, but
things are already getting complicated. Yum.

> My Cliff-fall House
> must be on about six or seven levels, top down to the
> swimming pool. Stairs everywhere. Those floating ones,

Floating ones?

> Never ran the house with toddlers/children yet.

Convenient. Toddles can't use stairs.

> > > How can you have a house without storeys but with
> > > stairs?
> The same way as you said, about the three pieces
> connected by stairs. 8)

Ah.

> > > Where do the stairs go to?
> Up... and down... Or down and up. What do you mean?

See the "Ah" above. All is clear now. I must write a book about
it.

> 8( Would you like pictures?

Yes!

> > > What is it you have agains fundaments?
> Up/down level from kitchen to garden makes me mad.

Once I figured out how to remove stairs and why they cost more
than in the picture, I had no problems with them.

> > > You can put wallpaper on them so they fit in with the
> > > rest of the house.
> WALLPAPER!!!! On the OUTSIDE??? Holy smoke!!! What's
> the paper made out of?

Pixels? What's the problem, it never rains in Simsville. I'm
happy though, that stone-looked spoiled my goth houses. Now, if
there was a way to get the inside of the walls, as seen by a
cut-out view, black instead of brown I'd be platinum.

> So a 'foundation cream' would be smeared all inside a
> building trench before the concrete gets poured in..
> right?

:-)

T.
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 10:20:40 PM

Taemon wrote:

> What is a fib? Okay, this is. I mean, what does fib mean? Do I
> mean...

Fib is short fibula, which is a bone in the lower leg....

But I think Granny meant the other meaning- to lie or a lie. As in, she
thinks you are lying when you say you never use more than one story.

I wonder if she means story as in tale often told in books or in pubs,
or level of house?

English is a fun toy. :)

-georg
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 10:20:41 PM

Well, no, granny was not saying he was lying, I believe she was saying that
she was fibbing. And no one that i know of ever shortens 'fibula' unless
maybe a doctor would. According to dictionary.com a fib is "An
insignificant or childish lie"

> Taemon wrote:
>

> > What is a fib? Okay, this is. I mean, what does fib mean? Do I
> > mean...
>
> Fib is short fibula, which is a bone in the lower leg....
>
> But I think Granny meant the other meaning- to lie or a lie. As in, she
> thinks you are lying when you say you never use more than one story.
>
> I wonder if she means story as in tale often told in books or in pubs,
> or level of house?
>
> English is a fun toy. :)
>
> -georg
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 11:09:01 PM

Bluegenie2 wrote:

> Well, no, granny was not saying he was lying, I believe she was saying that
> she was fibbing. And no one that i know of ever shortens 'fibula' unless
> maybe a doctor would. According to dictionary.com a fib is "An
> insignificant or childish lie"

Ah, mea cupla. Did not follow the conversation closely enough.

I work oon the fringe of the medical profession. tib-fib is common for
the two bones there.

-georg
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 11:41:27 PM

georg wrote:

> Taemon wrote:
> > What is a fib? Okay, this is. I mean, what does fib
> > mean? Do I mean...
> Fib is short fibula, which is a bone in the lower leg....
> But I think Granny meant the other meaning- to lie or a
> lie. As in, she thinks you are lying when you say you
> never use more than one story.
>
> I wonder if she means story as in tale often told in
> books or in pubs, or level of house?

Isn't the level thing "storey"? Anway, it wasn't a lie. I want to
have an overview.

T.
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 11:41:28 PM

Taemon wrote:

> georg wrote:
>

> Isn't the level thing "storey"? Anway, it wasn't a lie. I want to
> have an overview.
>
> T.

Nope. Story works for floors and books. Storey isn't correct. But that
is comprehensible.

-georg
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 11:41:29 PM

georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in
news:D MSJd.2500$8H2.562@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

> Taemon wrote:
>
>> georg wrote:
>>

>> Isn't the level thing "storey"? Anway, it wasn't a lie. I want to
>> have an overview.

> Nope. Story works for floors and books. Storey isn't correct. But
> that is comprehensible.

Storey *is* perfectly correct. In British English. We find it
acceptable to have different spellings for a tale and a floor, oddly
enough. ;-)

Jac
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 11:41:30 PM

Jacqui wrote:

> georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in
> news:D MSJd.2500$8H2.562@twister.nyroc.rr.com:
>

>>Taemon wrote:
>>

>>>georg wrote:
>>>

>>>Isn't the level thing "storey"? Anway, it wasn't a lie. I want to
>>>have an overview.
>

>>Nope. Story works for floors and books. Storey isn't correct. But
>>that is comprehensible.
>

> Storey *is* perfectly correct. In British English. We find it
> acceptable to have different spellings for a tale and a floor, oddly
> enough. ;-)
>
> Jac

Well, that I did not know, living on the wrong side of the pond. The u
rules I have worked out. Story/ey I did not know.

Of course, I do know the difference between the ground floor and the
first floor, but they always say floor with that, and not storey. :)  Thanks!

-georg
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 12:18:21 AM

> georg wrote:
>
>> Taemon wrote:
>> > What is a fib? Okay, this is. I mean, what does fib
>> > mean? Do I mean...
>> Fib is short fibula, which is a bone in the lower leg....
>> But I think Granny meant the other meaning- to lie or a
>> lie. As in, she thinks you are lying when you say you
>> never use more than one story.

No!! I meant I, as in ME was telling fibs when I said I only used one
floor!!
I have branched out... Not in fibbing, but keeping bedrooms upstairs.

>> I wonder if she means story as in tale often told in
>> books or in pubs, or level of house?
>
> Isn't the level thing "storey"? Anway, it wasn't a lie. I want to
> have an overview.

Storey... Story... Aw, nuts. The voice from the other room says it should
have an 'e'. My fault. 8(

Granny.
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 12:18:22 AM

"Jacqui" <sirlawrenceoblivion@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in
> news:D MSJd.2500$8H2.562@twister.nyroc.rr.com:
>
>> Taemon wrote:
>>
>>> georg wrote:
>>>

>>> Isn't the level thing "storey"? Anway, it wasn't a lie. I want to
>>> have an overview.
>

>> Nope. Story works for floors and books. Storey isn't correct. But
>> that is comprehensible.
>
> Storey *is* perfectly correct. In British English. We find it
> acceptable to have different spellings for a tale and a floor, oddly
> enough. ;-)

Shows how much I knew. 8((((
We should have listened to GB Shaw.

Granny.
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 9:19:57 PM

georg wrote:

> Taemon wrote:
> > Isn't the level thing "storey"? Anway, it wasn't a lie.
> > I want to have an overview.
> Nope. Story works for floors and books. Storey isn't
> correct. But that is comprehensible.

Maybe the "storey" thing is a UK/US-difference? Where are you
from? We Dutch tend to speak UK English.

T.
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 9:19:58 PM

Taemon wrote:

> georg wrote:
>

>>Taemon wrote:
>>
>>>Isn't the level thing "storey"? Anway, it wasn't a lie.
>>>I want to have an overview.
>>
>>Nope. Story works for floors and books. Storey isn't
>>correct. But that is comprehensible.
>

> Maybe the "storey" thing is a UK/US-difference? Where are you
> from? We Dutch tend to speak UK English.
>
> T.

Upstate NY, and yes, someone corrected me that you're doing fine. I'm
sorry. Normally I am better about the Queen's English, but that one I
did not know.

-georg
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 11:20:55 PM

georg wrote:

> Taemon wrote:
> > Maybe the "storey" thing is a UK/US-difference? Where
> > are you from? We Dutch tend to speak UK English.
> Upstate NY, and yes, someone corrected me that you're
> doing fine. I'm sorry. Normally I am better about the
> Queen's English, but that one I did not know.

That's okay. I've got it from an album title anyway :-) The God
Machine's "Scenes from the Second Storey". I first thought they
meant a tale, too.

T.
January 28, 2005 5:02:28 AM

> Good Heavens to Betsy. You really do take the game seriously, don't you?

It really depends on my mood really. Right now... I really don't care. I
have a headache.

> I just shove all my sims in a collections of tubs (one householder to
each
tub) fill tubs with visitors and rotate the householders after a while.

The only thing with hottubs though...is that doesn't really help with the
long term relationship points
And once one of my sims makes friends with someone, I like to make them best
friends..
it kinda goes with my story ideas. And then there's the splash...
Why just one animation? why not dunk? why not "sip martini"??
Have you noticed a lot of Townies are popularity aspiration? How boring..
I was wondering why they kept calling my sims every hour on the hour.
Thank God I make a habitual practise of weeding out the uglies the annoying.

> I just finished fixing Ivy Valentine's scowl, now she looks like a
>> regal bitch, which is exactly what I was looking for.
>
> 8))) A... HANDbag?'

I didn't get this one...however I was playing Vampire the Masquerade:
Bloodlines to real late last night
so I'm not getting much today..
constant buzzing in head.

> Make her a Moriarty. Big forehead, little beady eyes and a scowl. She will
> like him at once by the sound of it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/deelink/Sim%20St...
Would they make a good couple? Thats the best photo I have taken of her..
she looks bored there..

> Hmmm. I see tears ahead, here. You expect those brats to make logical
> deductions?

My mistake....what a horrible mistake
Now the little tramp Chloe, is hated by both
It just goes to show that no matter what...you can't 100% control them..
grr

> You what i want to try? A fireball death. Remember I mentioned that if you
> take a Sim at the height of a high-dive, freeze them, then reduce all
> life-signs to zero they hit the water, splash a bit then die? Well what if
> you tombstoned them to die by fire when frozen?
> Would they become as a meteor falling to the splash?
> Spectacular way to go. Infernal spontaneous combustion during a swallow
> dive.

I don't call you a Nasty God...I *know* you are a nasty god! lol
Whoa..

> Depends what you call 'town house' I think. I am not at all sure what
> they are 8(
> I 'think' they may be terraced, and perhaps three floors. Must stop saying
> stories, as in story. Once upon a time....

Yeah terrace houses, usually two storeys...
sometimes three...we have a lot here in my neighbourhood and they are very
pretty

> I remember when I saw Jaws in the cinema. It was raining when we ca,me
> out. A voice ahead of us called:. 'For God's sake, keep away from that
> puddle!'
>
> Sharks are beautiful and designed to perfection but I wouldn;t like to
> meet one. When you think of it most things are well designed but... like
> spiders... warthogs... that man down the road who can lift a Mini with
> one hand but talks in grunts?

Sharks to me are not beautiful, too cold and evil
and if you touch one, your hand would start bleeding because of their razor
sharp scales
and then that blood would reach the nose of the shark and then they do you
the favour of chomping first your hand then the rest of your body.
I don't like sharks
hehe puddle..

That's what the Sims 2 needs.. a scary movie channel on the TV so that Sims
could cuddle and be scared...and stuff.
that would be cool

- D
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 10:29:48 AM

"D" <just@ask.com> wrote in message

>> Good Heavens to Betsy. You really do take the game seriously, don't you?
>
> It really depends on my mood really. Right now... I really don't care. I
> have a headache.

Sympathy.

> > I just shove all my sims in a collections of tubs (one householder to
> each
> tub) fill tubs with visitors and rotate the householders after a while.

> The only thing with hottubs though...is that doesn't really help with the
> long term relationship points
> And once one of my sims makes friends with someone, I like to make them
> best friends..
> it kinda goes with my story ideas. And then there's the splash...
> Why just one animation? why not dunk? why not "sip martini"??

Oh, absolutely! That splashing as a form of indicating... well, something or
other always struck me as a daft idea. As is the way glasses are removed
when a Sim puts on a bathing dress. if I did that i would be walking into
walls and talking to tree-trunks... Hmmm. That sounds familiar.

>> I just finished fixing Ivy Valentine's scowl, now she looks like a
>>> regal bitch, which is exactly what I was looking for.
>>
>> 8))) A... HANDbag?'
>
> I didn't get this one...

Not important. Shades of a very properly-proper Lady in The Importance of
being Ernest.

>> Make her a Moriarty. Big forehead, little beady eyes and a scowl. She
>> will like him at once by the sound of it.
>
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/deelink/Sim%20St...
> Would they make a good couple? Thats the best photo I have taken of her..
> she looks bored there..

Coo, what a lovely picture, resolution-wise. No, I fear Moriarty would not
be attracted to something that looks that young and modern (who am I trying
to kid? These Sims will chase after anything that moves given half the
chance.) I did move in a glamorous, but deadly, Victorian-dressed female to
pad out the household - and do the cooking - but Colnel Moran took one look
at her and started talking .. I mean stalking. They are in love now. NOT my
doing.
Strangely, Wretched Moriarty met Mrs Hudson in the Ruptured Duck and went
for her in a big way. But it's only to get inside information on Holmes'
household.

>> Hmmm. I see tears ahead, here. You expect those brats to make logical
>> deductions?
>
> My mistake....what a horrible mistake
> Now the little tramp Chloe, is hated by both
> It just goes to show that no matter what...you can't 100% control them..
> grr

Just thought. Arrogant English upper-class bitches need a good Roman nose to
look down. (Rather stereotyped, I know, but this is a game of icons.) All
nose and teeth. I must try it...
Drat! And the men need monocles? And no chins....

>> You what i want to try? A fireball death. Remember I mentioned that if
>> you take a Sim at the height of a high-dive, freeze them, then reduce all
>> life-signs to zero they hit the water, splash a bit then die? Well what
>> if you tombstoned them to die by fire when frozen?
>> Would they become as a meteor falling to the splash?
>> Spectacular way to go. Infernal spontaneous combustion during a swallow
>> dive.
>
> I don't call you a Nasty God...I *know* you are a nasty god! lol
> Whoa..

Unfair! I love and cherish my Sims <snigger> But when you gotta go, hey.
Why not sent them out gloriously?

>> Depends what you call 'town house' I think. I am not at all sure what
>> they are 8(
>> I 'think' they may be terraced, and perhaps three floors. Must stop
>> saying stories, as in story. Once upon a time....
>>
> Yeah terrace houses, usually two storeys...
> sometimes three...we have a lot here in my neighbourhood and they are very
> pretty

Gottcha. pretty and small? In this area (and most of UK I suspect) the new
houses going up lately I have dubbed 'Pixie Homes'. They seem to be
detached, if a foot gap between adjoining walls counts... They all have lots
of gingerbread carving rounf totally unapropriate gables and front-door
embelishments, and the windows have timy panes, usually in bathches of about
thirty... Whew, think of the cleaning... and like maxi Sims homes, once you
put a three piece suite in a room there isn;t room for anything else. Tiny
inside, and chi-chi outside.
I was in a house recently where, once sitting on the loo, whiche faced the
door, there was a foot gap in front of my knees. Taller people beware.

> That's what the Sims 2 needs.. a scary movie channel on the TV so that
> Sims could cuddle and be scared...and stuff.
> that would be cool

Children hide behind the sofa???? Yes. 8)))
Then someone would make a porno channel, for bed-time viewing... 8( or 8),
depending.

There are lots of things we would like to see, i suspect, which would all
make work for the working man to do, but the damn game would get bigger, and
bigger....

Still no hair-streak, I am afraid, yesterday being side-tracked by an Indian
bed-spread with red satin sheets.
is a bummer. I told it to update all sizes and the single bed is rubbish. I
will have to backtrack and make it double only. It has once huge central
design which does not shift to the single bed with success.
Still, at last have pale worktops, though not good enough to share, they
make me very happy.

Granny.
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 10:08:33 PM

D wrote:

> Try it and see
> I wouldn't know what else...but try and make sure you are
> working on undimmed sims (i.e thumbnails)

I found it! (If you still remember this thread...) If I open the
thumbnailscreen I see loads of thumbnails - several per sim.
Turns out one of these is not dimmed... and that one works! So I
can PE my sims again, thanks to you <beam>.

T.
!