PE

I have renamed the three in-game neighbourhoods so they wouldn't
show up any more, hoping to shorten loading time; I only play
with my own neighbourhood, Nexus. But PE doesn't get it - thinks
that N004 is Strangetown, showing only Strangetown sims in their
Strangetown age, and no relationships at all. It isn't that
troublesome, what with all the new cheats that are available, but
still I'd like to use PE for some things. Anyone ideas?

Oh, loading time didn't shorten. Dare I just throw them away?

T.
40 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    I'm not sure that I understand everything you said - but here's a statement
    of fact in the hopes that it will help you.

    "I have deleted individual neighbourhood folders with no ill effect to my
    game. Other than the fact the neighbourhood is gone"

    I suggest that you make a backup copy of the neighbourhoods you delete in
    case you want them again or something

    MM

    Taemon wrote:
    > I have renamed the three in-game neighbourhoods so they wouldn't
    > show up any more, hoping to shorten loading time; I only play
    > with my own neighbourhood, Nexus.
    <snip>

    Neighborhoods only get loaded when you click on them to play them, so
    they have no effect on loading time. Size of the neighborhood (how
    many sims and such) is what determines the loading time, mostly.

    Jeremy Reaban wrote:

    > Taemon wrote:
    > > I have renamed the three in-game neighbourhoods so they
    > > wouldn't show up any more, hoping to shorten loading
    > > time; I only play with my own neighbourhood, Nexus.
    > <snip>
    > Neighborhoods only get loaded when you click on them to
    > play them, so they have no effect on loading time. Size
    > of the neighborhood (how many sims and such) is what
    > determines the loading time, mostly.

    Thanks. I'll keep it this way, then. Nobody knows how to tell
    this to my PE? The problem is that PE still thinks we're playing
    Strangeville, not my own neighbourhood.

    T.

    Did you go to Plug-in>Neighbourhood Browser
    And pick your custom neighbourhood from there?

    --
    - D

    D wrote:

    > > > Taemon wrote:
    > > Thanks. I'll keep it this way, then. Nobody knows how
    > > to tell this to my PE? The problem is that PE still
    > > thinks we're playing Strangeville, not my own
    > > neighbourhood.
    > Did you go to Plug-in>Neighbourhood Browser
    > And pick your custom neighbourhood from there?

    I tried that, but with the same results. I shows all my sims
    younger than they are and no relationships at all. And this while
    I'm dying to uncheck the "can pass through walls"-box for an angy
    ghost :-)

    T.

    Ahhh I think I know what the problem is...
    Did you notice a box (either pink or blue) next to the sim that you are
    trying to work with?
    The current stage of the Sim is represented by a thumbnail which is not
    dimmed and has no boxes anywhere

    Some of my simkids are still kids even though they are teens
    (according to SimPE) but if I make changes, click commit then save
    it shows up in the game ;)

    Apart from renaming their surname...for some reason that doesn't work for me
    :/

    --
    - D

    D wrote:

    > > > Did you go to Plug-in>Neighbourhood Browser
    > > > And pick your custom neighbourhood from there?
    > > I tried that, but with the same results. I shows all my
    > > sims younger than they are and no relationships at all.
    > > And this while I'm dying to uncheck the "can pass
    > > through walls"-box for an angy ghost :-)
    > Ahhh I think I know what the problem is...
    > Did you notice a box (either pink or blue) next to the
    > sim that you are trying to work with?

    No. Where would that be? Next to the picture?

    > The current stage of the Sim is represented by a
    > thumbnail which is not dimmed and has no boxes anywhere

    The thumbnail looks normal, albeit hopelessly outdated. See,
    there are also Strangeville sims in there, and I haven't played
    Strangeville in weeks. But I noticed that for the first child
    born in Nexus the PE record is correct, with relationships and
    all. She is the only one showing relationships.

    Do you think this University college ground will appear in custom
    neighbourhoods? I'd hate to have to move over my sims back to an
    in-game neighbourhood, thereby AGAIN losing all their
    relationship points.

    > Apart from renaming their surname...for some reason that
    > doesn't work for me :/

    Nor for me. I tried to rename the "&" family to "Ampersand", but
    no such luck :-)

    T.

    Well, you want to change a sim right?
    Did you open Sim Browser?
    The little boxes appear on the actual thumbnail
    those thumbnails are useless...because they are broken
    Do you have access to the binaries group? it might help if I post an example
    *I think* that's what's wrong with your game, because everytime I click on a
    thumbnail in Sim Browser, on a sim that is current, as in they have the same
    make up and hair and clothes since I last left them, all the changes I have
    made have stuck. Apart from the surname changing thing..
    --
    - D
    "Taemon" <Taemon@zonne

    D wrote:

    > Well, you want to change a sim right?

    Yes :-) Well, some of their relationships.

    > Did you open Sim Browser?

    The neighbourhood browser plugin, and then the Sim Description.
    Oh. I now see a Sim Browser with little boxes on thumbnails... It
    didn't have that the last time I used PE! Succesfully.

    Okay, so everyone is greyed out expect for the sims that were
    born in this neighbourhood and the townies. Those I can tinker
    with.

    > The little boxes appear on the actual thumbnail
    > those thumbnails are useless...because they are broken
    > Do you have access to the binaries group?

    No, I use Individual.Net (like half of usenet). But I found the
    screen you were talking about.

    > it might help
    > if I post an example *I think* that's what's wrong with
    > your game, because everytime I click on a thumbnail in
    > Sim Browser, on a sim that is current, as in they have
    > the same make up and hair and clothes since I last left
    > them, all the changes I have made have stuck. Apart from
    > the surname changing thing..

    Now what exactly is wrong? Do you know a way in which I can
    tinker with my Strangeville-born sims?

    TIA! You've been a great help already.

    T.

    The only thing I can suggest now is to play around with the neighbourhoods
    For some reason Juliet's sister (Harmonia whatever) appears in my Point
    Piper (my custom neighbourhood) and I can edit her.

    Try it and see
    I wouldn't know what else...but try and make sure you are working on
    undimmed sims (i.e thumbnails)

    and yeah, everyone here has helped me too when it comes to SimPE
    I'm just about to change the appearance of my English aristocrat Ivy
    Valentine...she has this perpetual scowl that is too ugly...gotta tweak that
    just a bit..
    I just finished decorating her Victorian style manor...Oh my..it's the best
    work me and my building buddy Beenie, have done. It helps that she's just
    finished an Interior Design degree! and that I'm a download junkie ;)
    --
    - D

    D wrote:

    > Try it and see
    > I wouldn't know what else...but try and make sure you are
    > working on undimmed sims (i.e thumbnails)

    Much easier to find the sims you want, too. Thanks!

    > I just finished decorating her Victorian style manor...Oh
    > my..it's the best work me and my building buddy Beenie,
    > have done. It helps that she's just finished an Interior
    > Design degree! and that I'm a download junkie ;)

    I'm slowly getting better in this house-building thing. Not much,
    mind :-) But watching others helps.

    T.

    On 1/24/05 12:10 PM, in article 35koh3F4ohq0tU1@individual.net, "Taemon"
    <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:

    > D wrote:
    >
    >> Try it and see
    >> I wouldn't know what else...but try and make sure you are
    >> working on undimmed sims (i.e thumbnails)
    >
    > Much easier to find the sims you want, too. Thanks!
    >
    >> I just finished decorating her Victorian style manor...Oh
    >> my..it's the best work me and my building buddy Beenie,
    >> have done. It helps that she's just finished an Interior
    >> Design degree! and that I'm a download junkie ;)
    >
    > I'm slowly getting better in this house-building thing. Not much,
    > mind :-) But watching others helps.
    >
    > T.

    I have to ask. I'm new at this. What is PE?
    Barb

    >D wrote:
    >
    >> Try it and see
    >> I wouldn't know what else...but try and make sure you are
    >> working on undimmed sims (i.e thumbnails)
    >
    > Much easier to find the sims you want, too. Thanks!
    >
    >> I just finished decorating her Victorian style manor...Oh
    >> my..it's the best work me and my building buddy Beenie,
    >> have done. It helps that she's just finished an Interior
    >> Design degree! and that I'm a download junkie ;)
    >
    > I'm slowly getting better in this house-building thing. Not much,
    > mind :-) But watching others helps.

    Glum. I have come to the conclusion that I am very unadventurous when it
    comes to houses. I don;t like more than two floors. In fact, I like
    bungalows so you can see what everyone is doing at once.

    Checking back over my current batch of used homes they are all mostly a
    variation on 'English Posh.' The sort that appear in the better class of
    magazine as 'Gentleman's Country home....'
    Wishful thinking, perchance?

    Granny.

    "Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

    > Glum. I have come to the conclusion that I am very unadventurous when it
    > comes to houses. I don;t like more than two floors. In fact, I like
    > bungalows so you can see what everyone is doing at once.

    I used to do that! Until I realised a new way to play that wasn't so
    fraustrating in 3rd floor homes.
    Sometimes I think that the actions Maxis gave us are so limited....I am
    hankering for animations such as: "criticize", "be exasperated with"', "tell
    ghost story", "act snobbish" that would be cool...

    > Checking back over my current batch of used homes they are all mostly a
    > variation on 'English Posh.' The sort that appear in the better class of
    > magazine as 'Gentleman's Country home....'
    > Wishful thinking, perchance?
    >
    > Granny.

    I like English styled houses, but I'm not too good on building from scratch,
    I usually use a downloaded house as a base.
    ;)
    Laziness perhaps? Oh yeah,

    - D

    "D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

    >> Glum. I have come to the conclusion that I am very unadventurous when it
    >> comes to houses. I don;t like more than two floors. In fact, I like
    >> bungalows so you can see what everyone is doing at once.
    >>

    > I used to do that! Until I realised a new way to play that wasn't so
    > fraustrating in 3rd floor homes.

    Like what? Pray tell. I need all the help I can get.

    Do you include a foundation in that? I never use them. They drive me
    bananas.
    Though I have one or two houses that have lots of stairs, they are still on
    one level.
    I keep my beady eyes on my Sims.

    > Sometimes I think that the actions Maxis gave us are so limited....I am
    > hankering for animations such as: "criticize", "be exasperated with"',
    > "tell ghost story", "act snobbish" that would be cool...

    Oh yes. 'Nag' would be another useful one. And I always said we, the God,
    should have a 'administer a smack' command. A hand from the sky. Bop!
    NOW behave yourself and find another toilet. there is one right next door.
    Just MOVE!

    > I like English styled houses, but I'm not too good on building from
    > scratch, I usually use a downloaded house as a base.
    > ;)
    > Laziness perhaps? Oh yeah,

    But it is easy. Start with a front door, with windows, and make a nice hall.
    Grow the rest symetrical, like, round the furniture. Hum. The very worst
    part, I find, is adding lights. Don;t know why. Adding lights always is done
    through gritted teeth.
    Besides, I have a nice collection of fully furnished houses all ready. 8))
    now that IS lazy.

    No chance to play, or do much today. visitor. 8( I am currently watching an
    intelligent shark gobble people up. 8(

    Granny.

    Barb_H wrote:

    > I have to ask. I'm new at this. What is PE?

    SimsPE is a program with which you can tweak a lot of things
    about your sims, like age, relationship scores, aspiration,
    etcetera. It has become a bit redundant because of other cools
    cheats, but there are things only PE can do (like throwing out
    that goddamned townies out of the phone lists. No townies for MY
    sims!)

    You can get it at http://www.sims.ambertation.de/; there are new
    versions and plugins almost daily. PE rocks.

    Feel free to ask anything you want!

    T.

    Granny Crabapple wrote:

    > Glum. I have come to the conclusion that I am very
    > unadventurous when it comes to houses. I don;t like more
    > than two floors. In fact, I like bungalows so you can see
    > what everyone is doing at once.

    I never use more than one floor. Control-freak, me.

    If you don't use fundaments, do you level the terrain before
    building? I like having height differences on my lots. I built an
    awful house on a hill, three separate pieces connected with
    stairs. It is not convenient in any known sense of the word, but
    it sure is mighty ridiculous!

    How can you have a house without storeys but with stairs? Where
    do the stairs go to? What is it you have agains fundaments? You
    can put wallpaper on them so they fit in with the rest of the
    house.

    T.

    > Granny Crabapple wrote:
    >
    >> Glum. I have come to the conclusion that I am very
    >> unadventurous when it comes to houses. I don;t like more
    >> than two floors. In fact, I like bungalows so you can see
    >> what everyone is doing at once.
    >
    > I never use more than one floor. Control-freak, me.
    >
    > If you don't use fundaments, do you level the terrain before
    > building? I like having height differences on my lots. I built an
    > awful house on a hill, three separate pieces connected with
    > stairs. It is not convenient in any known sense of the word, but
    > it sure is mighty ridiculous!
    >
    > How can you have a house without storeys but with stairs? Where
    > do the stairs go to? What is it you have agains fundaments? You
    > can put wallpaper on them so they fit in with the rest of the
    > house.
    >
    > T.

    I hadn't come across this meaning of fundament before. Made me laugh.
    Look it up in the dictionary. Is that the word you use in the USA?
    Different countries, different meanings. ;))

    Skeatsan''co

    Skeatsan''co wrote:

    > "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    >
    >>Granny Crabapple wrote:
    >>

    >>>Glum. I have come to the conclusion that I am very
    >>>unadventurous when it comes to houses. I don;t like more
    >>>than two floors. In fact, I like bungalows so you can see
    >>>what everyone is doing at once.
    >>
    >>I never use more than one floor. Control-freak, me.
    >>
    >>If you don't use fundaments, do you level the terrain before
    >>building? I like having height differences on my lots. I built an
    >>awful house on a hill, three separate pieces connected with
    >>stairs. It is not convenient in any known sense of the word, but
    >>it sure is mighty ridiculous!
    >>
    >>How can you have a house without storeys but with stairs? Where
    >>do the stairs go to? What is it you have agains fundaments? You
    >>can put wallpaper on them so they fit in with the rest of the
    >>house.
    >>
    >>T.
    >>

    > I hadn't come across this meaning of fundament before. Made me laugh.
    > Look it up in the dictionary. Is that the word you use in the USA?
    > Different countries, different meanings. ;))

    the .nl means Netherlands. Taemon is Dutch and English is one of the
    several languages that person uses...

    Obviously, the proper English is foundation. But fundament is the bottom
    part and works just as well. Fundament can also be translated as the
    basic building blocks everything rests on, like the fundaments of a good
    education, and not just the fundament you sit upon.

    :)

    -georg

    On 1/25/05 1:23 PM, in article 35nh52F4hju3eU1@individual.net, "Taemon"
    <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:

    > Barb_H wrote:
    >
    >> I have to ask. I'm new at this. What is PE?
    >
    > SimsPE is a program with which you can tweak a lot of things
    > about your sims, like age, relationship scores, aspiration,
    > etcetera. It has become a bit redundant because of other cools
    > cheats, but there are things only PE can do (like throwing out
    > that goddamned townies out of the phone lists. No townies for MY
    > sims!)
    >
    > You can get it at http://www.sims.ambertation.de/; there are new
    > versions and plugins almost daily. PE rocks.
    >
    > Feel free to ask anything you want!
    >
    > T.

    Thanks!!!
    Barb

    "Skeatsan''co" <overthemoon@overthemoonagain.co.uk> wrote in message

    Bah, over-enthusiastic backing up yesterday. Lost old posts and things. I
    say, isn't that 'Clean up all headings and posts,' efficient? 8(((

    Power supply has arrived. It is BIG. Husband decided if I wanted 'that'
    power supply at X pounds, then 'this' power supply at X*2+X will be so much
    better. So it is, sweetie-pie, but what a lot of money!!!!! Leave well
    alone now until the son returnes, then bully him.

    >> I never use more than one floor. Control-freak, me.

    This is a fib. Current crop of houses have two stories - no fundaments. 8)

    >> If you don't use fundaments, do you level the terrain before
    >> building?

    Oh yes. The whole plot, before I start. Landscaping comes later.

    I like having height differences on my lots. I built an
    >> awful house on a hill, three separate pieces connected with
    >> stairs. It is not convenient in any known sense of the word, but
    >> it sure is mighty ridiculous!

    No-no-no! Such houses are artistic! Progressive. Er.. Modern? Anything, but
    not ridiculous. My Cliff-fall House must be on about six or seven levels,
    top down to the swimming pool. Stairs everywhere. Those floating ones, and
    lots of deco-like steel railings. Almost like a ship. Looks fantastic at
    night from the sea-side. All lit up.
    Hell to live in though, I would think. Need the stamina of a Olympic
    athlete.
    Never ran the house with toddlers/children yet. use it as a Batchelor pad.
    very outdoorish.
    Designed by Vulcans. Lived in by idiots.

    >> How can you have a house without storeys but with stairs?

    The same way as you said, about the three pieces connected by stairs. 8)

    Where
    >> do the stairs go to?

    Up... and down... Or down and up. What do you mean? Enter front door...
    study on right, living area on left, double doors ahead. Stairs from hall
    down to walkway to kitchen/dining block or tuen left there to bedroom, down
    a few stairs.. Or, stairs from living area balcony to swimming pool... or
    top story stairs to outside, short walkway to back of the loo on lower
    balcony barbie area.

    8( Would you like pictures? I am not running the house at the moment but
    can soon drop it on the side of a cliff somewhere.

    What is it you have agains fundaments?

    Up/down level from kitchen to garden makes me mad. Foundations/basements not
    usualy a UK thing. Or porches. was a interesting little prog on TV last year
    about a lady who wished to buid a timber-framed 'typical' eastern seaboard
    ??? type house in the UK. She ordered all the parts from the US. Was a
    lovely house. Porches all round lower story. Looked very American. The sort
    of house Stephen King likes to use when setting up a typical American
    'small-town' perfection type thing??
    Anyway. Last heard nobody would give her planning permission. Lovely house,
    but... Not British.
    Of COURSE it wasn't! That was the whole point!!
    But stick-in-mud planners said 'tut-tut' take it away. Would spoil the look
    of the village.

    Hmmm... and little brick retirement bungalows in rows doesn't spoil the
    look?

    You
    >> can put wallpaper on them so they fit in with the rest of the
    >> house.

    WALLPAPER!!!! On the OUTSIDE??? Holy smoke!!! What's the paper made out
    of?

    >> T.
    >>
    > I hadn't come across this meaning of fundament before. Made me laugh.
    > Look it up in the dictionary. Is that the word you use in the USA?
    > Different countries, different meanings. ;))

    Arrr. Is good that. made me smile. Brought a new meaning to 'give him a kick
    up the fundiment.'
    So a 'foundation cream' would be smeared all inside a building trench before
    the concrete gets poured in.. right?
    Don't ask about 'foundation garment.' it's not polite.

    Granny.

    Am Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:23:20 +0100 schrieb Taemon:
    > SimsPE is a program with which you can tweak a lot of things
    > about your sims, like age, relationship scores, aspiration,
    > etcetera. It has become a bit redundant because of other cools
    > cheats, but there are things only PE can do (like throwing out
    > that goddamned townies out of the phone lists. No townies for MY
    > sims!)
    >
    > You can get it at http://www.sims.ambertation.de/; there are new
    > versions and plugins almost daily. PE rocks.

    Hey, thanks, I'll try that out! Those townies are annoying!

    :)
    Dorte

    Skeatsan''co wrote:

    > "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    > > How can you have a house without storeys but with
    > > stairs? Where do the stairs go to? What is it you have
    > > agains fundaments? You can put wallpaper on them so
    > > they fit in with the rest of the house.
    > I hadn't come across this meaning of fundament before.
    > Made me laugh. Look it up in the dictionary. Is that the
    > word you use in the USA? Different countries, different
    > meanings. ;))

    I am Dutch, as Georg already noted... In Dutch, foundation is
    "fundament", so I didn't see anything strange about it :-)

    T.

    Barb_H wrote:

    > On 1/25/05 1:23 PM, in article
    > 35nh52F4hju3eU1@individual.net, "Taemon"
    > <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:
    > > Barb_H wrote:
    > > > I have to ask. I'm new at this. What is PE?
    <snip>
    > > Feel free to ask anything you want!
    > Thanks!!!

    Welcome. You use it by File -> Open ("Duh", Barb_H thinks), then
    click the N00x_Neighborhood.package where x is the neighbourhood
    of your choice, then Plugins -> Sim browser or something else you
    want to tweak. It doesn't always work; it's still beta. It's
    great.

    T.

    Granny Crabapple wrote:

    > > > I never use more than one floor. Control-freak, me.
    > This is a fib. Current crop of houses have two stories -
    > no fundaments. 8)

    What is a fib? Okay, this is. I mean, what does fib mean? Do I
    mean...

    > > > If you don't use fundaments, do you level the terrain
    > > > before building?
    > Oh yes. The whole plot, before I start. Landscaping comes
    > later.

    Hills. I like hills. And holes. Hills with holes. I told you
    about the China-deep ponds, didn't I? I found that if you raise
    the floor up from China again, you get mighty scary-looking pikes
    in your pond. Paint them red for your Vlad the Impaler-needs.

    > I like having height differences on my lots. I built an
    > > > awful house on a hill, three separate pieces
    > > > connected with stairs. It is not convenient in any
    > > > known sense of the word, but it sure is mighty
    > > > ridiculous!
    > No-no-no! Such houses are artistic! Progressive. Er..
    > Modern? Anything, but not ridiculous.

    It's all of these and more. It's also inhabited by the most sexy
    sim currently in town. He's started an affair with my female
    self, Tae. She is to have a child with my male self, Mon, but
    things are already getting complicated. Yum.

    > My Cliff-fall House
    > must be on about six or seven levels, top down to the
    > swimming pool. Stairs everywhere. Those floating ones,

    Floating ones?

    > Never ran the house with toddlers/children yet.

    Convenient. Toddles can't use stairs.

    > > > How can you have a house without storeys but with
    > > > stairs?
    > The same way as you said, about the three pieces
    > connected by stairs. 8)

    Ah.

    > > > Where do the stairs go to?
    > Up... and down... Or down and up. What do you mean?

    See the "Ah" above. All is clear now. I must write a book about
    it.

    > 8( Would you like pictures?

    Yes!

    > > > What is it you have agains fundaments?
    > Up/down level from kitchen to garden makes me mad.

    Once I figured out how to remove stairs and why they cost more
    than in the picture, I had no problems with them.

    > > > You can put wallpaper on them so they fit in with the
    > > > rest of the house.
    > WALLPAPER!!!! On the OUTSIDE??? Holy smoke!!! What's
    > the paper made out of?

    Pixels? What's the problem, it never rains in Simsville. I'm
    happy though, that stone-looked spoiled my goth houses. Now, if
    there was a way to get the inside of the walls, as seen by a
    cut-out view, black instead of brown I'd be platinum.

    > So a 'foundation cream' would be smeared all inside a
    > building trench before the concrete gets poured in..
    > right?

    :-)

    T.

    Taemon wrote:

    > What is a fib? Okay, this is. I mean, what does fib mean? Do I
    > mean...

    Fib is short fibula, which is a bone in the lower leg....

    But I think Granny meant the other meaning- to lie or a lie. As in, she
    thinks you are lying when you say you never use more than one story.

    I wonder if she means story as in tale often told in books or in pubs,
    or level of house?

    English is a fun toy. :)

    -georg

    Well, no, granny was not saying he was lying, I believe she was saying that
    she was fibbing. And no one that i know of ever shortens 'fibula' unless
    maybe a doctor would. According to dictionary.com a fib is "An
    insignificant or childish lie"

    Bluegenie2 wrote:

    > Well, no, granny was not saying he was lying, I believe she was saying that
    > she was fibbing. And no one that i know of ever shortens 'fibula' unless
    > maybe a doctor would. According to dictionary.com a fib is "An
    > insignificant or childish lie"

    Ah, mea cupla. Did not follow the conversation closely enough.

    I work oon the fringe of the medical profession. tib-fib is common for
    the two bones there.

    -georg

    georg wrote:

    > Taemon wrote:
    > > What is a fib? Okay, this is. I mean, what does fib
    > > mean? Do I mean...
    > Fib is short fibula, which is a bone in the lower leg....
    > But I think Granny meant the other meaning- to lie or a
    > lie. As in, she thinks you are lying when you say you
    > never use more than one story.
    >
    > I wonder if she means story as in tale often told in
    > books or in pubs, or level of house?

    Isn't the level thing "storey"? Anway, it wasn't a lie. I want to
    have an overview.

    T.

    Taemon wrote:

    > georg wrote:
    >

    > Isn't the level thing "storey"? Anway, it wasn't a lie. I want to
    > have an overview.
    >
    > T.

    Nope. Story works for floors and books. Storey isn't correct. But that
    is comprehensible.

    -georg

    georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in

    > Taemon wrote:
    >
    >> georg wrote:
    >>

    >> Isn't the level thing "storey"? Anway, it wasn't a lie. I want to
    >> have an overview.

    > Nope. Story works for floors and books. Storey isn't correct. But
    > that is comprehensible.

    Storey *is* perfectly correct. In British English. We find it
    acceptable to have different spellings for a tale and a floor, oddly
    enough. ;-)

    Jac

    Jacqui wrote:

    > georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in
    >

    >>Taemon wrote:
    >>

    >>>georg wrote:
    >>>

    >>>Isn't the level thing "storey"? Anway, it wasn't a lie. I want to
    >>>have an overview.
    >

    >>Nope. Story works for floors and books. Storey isn't correct. But
    >>that is comprehensible.
    >

    > Storey *is* perfectly correct. In British English. We find it
    > acceptable to have different spellings for a tale and a floor, oddly
    > enough. ;-)
    >
    > Jac

    Well, that I did not know, living on the wrong side of the pond. The u
    rules I have worked out. Story/ey I did not know.

    Of course, I do know the difference between the ground floor and the
    first floor, but they always say floor with that, and not storey. :) Thanks!

    -georg

    > georg wrote:
    >
    >> Taemon wrote:
    >> > What is a fib? Okay, this is. I mean, what does fib
    >> > mean? Do I mean...
    >> Fib is short fibula, which is a bone in the lower leg....
    >> But I think Granny meant the other meaning- to lie or a
    >> lie. As in, she thinks you are lying when you say you
    >> never use more than one story.

    No!! I meant I, as in ME was telling fibs when I said I only used one
    floor!!
    I have branched out... Not in fibbing, but keeping bedrooms upstairs.

    >> I wonder if she means story as in tale often told in
    >> books or in pubs, or level of house?
    >
    > Isn't the level thing "storey"? Anway, it wasn't a lie. I want to
    > have an overview.

    Storey... Story... Aw, nuts. The voice from the other room says it should
    have an 'e'. My fault. 8(

    Granny.

    "Jacqui" <sirlawrenceoblivion@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in
    >
    >> Taemon wrote:
    >>
    >>> georg wrote:
    >>>

    >>> Isn't the level thing "storey"? Anway, it wasn't a lie. I want to
    >>> have an overview.
    >

    >> Nope. Story works for floors and books. Storey isn't correct. But
    >> that is comprehensible.
    >
    > Storey *is* perfectly correct. In British English. We find it
    > acceptable to have different spellings for a tale and a floor, oddly
    > enough. ;-)

    Shows how much I knew. 8((((
    We should have listened to GB Shaw.

    Granny.

    georg wrote:

    > Taemon wrote:
    > > Isn't the level thing "storey"? Anway, it wasn't a lie.
    > > I want to have an overview.
    > Nope. Story works for floors and books. Storey isn't
    > correct. But that is comprehensible.

    Maybe the "storey" thing is a UK/US-difference? Where are you
    from? We Dutch tend to speak UK English.

    T.

    Taemon wrote:

    > georg wrote:
    >

    >>Taemon wrote:
    >>
    >>>Isn't the level thing "storey"? Anway, it wasn't a lie.
    >>>I want to have an overview.
    >>
    >>Nope. Story works for floors and books. Storey isn't
    >>correct. But that is comprehensible.
    >

    > Maybe the "storey" thing is a UK/US-difference? Where are you
    > from? We Dutch tend to speak UK English.
    >
    > T.

    Upstate NY, and yes, someone corrected me that you're doing fine. I'm
    sorry. Normally I am better about the Queen's English, but that one I
    did not know.

    -georg

    georg wrote:

    > Taemon wrote:
    > > Maybe the "storey" thing is a UK/US-difference? Where
    > > are you from? We Dutch tend to speak UK English.
    > Upstate NY, and yes, someone corrected me that you're
    > doing fine. I'm sorry. Normally I am better about the
    > Queen's English, but that one I did not know.

    That's okay. I've got it from an album title anyway :-) The God
    Machine's "Scenes from the Second Storey". I first thought they
    meant a tale, too.

    T.

    > Good Heavens to Betsy. You really do take the game seriously, don't you?

    It really depends on my mood really. Right now... I really don't care. I
    have a headache.

    > I just shove all my sims in a collections of tubs (one householder to
    each
    tub) fill tubs with visitors and rotate the householders after a while.

    The only thing with hottubs though...is that doesn't really help with the
    long term relationship points
    And once one of my sims makes friends with someone, I like to make them best
    friends..
    it kinda goes with my story ideas. And then there's the splash...
    Why just one animation? why not dunk? why not "sip martini"??
    Have you noticed a lot of Townies are popularity aspiration? How boring..
    I was wondering why they kept calling my sims every hour on the hour.
    Thank God I make a habitual practise of weeding out the uglies the annoying.

    > I just finished fixing Ivy Valentine's scowl, now she looks like a
    >> regal bitch, which is exactly what I was looking for.
    >
    > 8))) A... HANDbag?'

    I didn't get this one...however I was playing Vampire the Masquerade:
    Bloodlines to real late last night
    so I'm not getting much today..
    constant buzzing in head.

    > Make her a Moriarty. Big forehead, little beady eyes and a scowl. She will
    > like him at once by the sound of it.

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/deelink/Sim%20Stuff/ivy.jpg
    Would they make a good couple? Thats the best photo I have taken of her..
    she looks bored there..

    > Hmmm. I see tears ahead, here. You expect those brats to make logical
    > deductions?

    My mistake....what a horrible mistake
    Now the little tramp Chloe, is hated by both
    It just goes to show that no matter what...you can't 100% control them..
    grr

    > You what i want to try? A fireball death. Remember I mentioned that if you
    > take a Sim at the height of a high-dive, freeze them, then reduce all
    > life-signs to zero they hit the water, splash a bit then die? Well what if
    > you tombstoned them to die by fire when frozen?
    > Would they become as a meteor falling to the splash?
    > Spectacular way to go. Infernal spontaneous combustion during a swallow
    > dive.

    I don't call you a Nasty God...I *know* you are a nasty god! lol
    Whoa..

    > Depends what you call 'town house' I think. I am not at all sure what
    > they are 8(
    > I 'think' they may be terraced, and perhaps three floors. Must stop saying
    > stories, as in story. Once upon a time....

    Yeah terrace houses, usually two storeys...
    sometimes three...we have a lot here in my neighbourhood and they are very
    pretty

    > I remember when I saw Jaws in the cinema. It was raining when we ca,me
    > out. A voice ahead of us called:. 'For God's sake, keep away from that
    > puddle!'
    >
    > Sharks are beautiful and designed to perfection but I wouldn;t like to
    > meet one. When you think of it most things are well designed but... like
    > spiders... warthogs... that man down the road who can lift a Mini with
    > one hand but talks in grunts?

    Sharks to me are not beautiful, too cold and evil
    and if you touch one, your hand would start bleeding because of their razor
    sharp scales
    and then that blood would reach the nose of the shark and then they do you
    the favour of chomping first your hand then the rest of your body.
    I don't like sharks
    hehe puddle..

    That's what the Sims 2 needs.. a scary movie channel on the TV so that Sims
    could cuddle and be scared...and stuff.
    that would be cool

    - D

    "D" <just@ask.com> wrote in message

    >> Good Heavens to Betsy. You really do take the game seriously, don't you?
    >
    > It really depends on my mood really. Right now... I really don't care. I
    > have a headache.

    Sympathy.

    > > I just shove all my sims in a collections of tubs (one householder to
    > each
    > tub) fill tubs with visitors and rotate the householders after a while.

    > The only thing with hottubs though...is that doesn't really help with the
    > long term relationship points
    > And once one of my sims makes friends with someone, I like to make them
    > best friends..
    > it kinda goes with my story ideas. And then there's the splash...
    > Why just one animation? why not dunk? why not "sip martini"??

    Oh, absolutely! That splashing as a form of indicating... well, something or
    other always struck me as a daft idea. As is the way glasses are removed
    when a Sim puts on a bathing dress. if I did that i would be walking into
    walls and talking to tree-trunks... Hmmm. That sounds familiar.

    >> I just finished fixing Ivy Valentine's scowl, now she looks like a
    >>> regal bitch, which is exactly what I was looking for.
    >>
    >> 8))) A... HANDbag?'
    >
    > I didn't get this one...

    Not important. Shades of a very properly-proper Lady in The Importance of
    being Ernest.

    >> Make her a Moriarty. Big forehead, little beady eyes and a scowl. She
    >> will like him at once by the sound of it.
    >
    > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/deelink/Sim%20Stuff/ivy.jpg
    > Would they make a good couple? Thats the best photo I have taken of her..
    > she looks bored there..

    Coo, what a lovely picture, resolution-wise. No, I fear Moriarty would not
    be attracted to something that looks that young and modern (who am I trying
    to kid? These Sims will chase after anything that moves given half the
    chance.) I did move in a glamorous, but deadly, Victorian-dressed female to
    pad out the household - and do the cooking - but Colnel Moran took one look
    at her and started talking .. I mean stalking. They are in love now. NOT my
    doing.
    Strangely, Wretched Moriarty met Mrs Hudson in the Ruptured Duck and went
    for her in a big way. But it's only to get inside information on Holmes'
    household.

    >> Hmmm. I see tears ahead, here. You expect those brats to make logical
    >> deductions?
    >
    > My mistake....what a horrible mistake
    > Now the little tramp Chloe, is hated by both
    > It just goes to show that no matter what...you can't 100% control them..
    > grr

    Just thought. Arrogant English upper-class bitches need a good Roman nose to
    look down. (Rather stereotyped, I know, but this is a game of icons.) All
    nose and teeth. I must try it...
    Drat! And the men need monocles? And no chins....

    >> You what i want to try? A fireball death. Remember I mentioned that if
    >> you take a Sim at the height of a high-dive, freeze them, then reduce all
    >> life-signs to zero they hit the water, splash a bit then die? Well what
    >> if you tombstoned them to die by fire when frozen?
    >> Would they become as a meteor falling to the splash?
    >> Spectacular way to go. Infernal spontaneous combustion during a swallow
    >> dive.
    >
    > I don't call you a Nasty God...I *know* you are a nasty god! lol
    > Whoa..

    Unfair! I love and cherish my Sims <snigger> But when you gotta go, hey.
    Why not sent them out gloriously?

    >> Depends what you call 'town house' I think. I am not at all sure what
    >> they are 8(
    >> I 'think' they may be terraced, and perhaps three floors. Must stop
    >> saying stories, as in story. Once upon a time....
    >>
    > Yeah terrace houses, usually two storeys...
    > sometimes three...we have a lot here in my neighbourhood and they are very
    > pretty

    Gottcha. pretty and small? In this area (and most of UK I suspect) the new
    houses going up lately I have dubbed 'Pixie Homes'. They seem to be
    detached, if a foot gap between adjoining walls counts... They all have lots
    of gingerbread carving rounf totally unapropriate gables and front-door
    embelishments, and the windows have timy panes, usually in bathches of about
    thirty... Whew, think of the cleaning... and like maxi Sims homes, once you
    put a three piece suite in a room there isn;t room for anything else. Tiny
    inside, and chi-chi outside.
    I was in a house recently where, once sitting on the loo, whiche faced the
    door, there was a foot gap in front of my knees. Taller people beware.

    > That's what the Sims 2 needs.. a scary movie channel on the TV so that
    > Sims could cuddle and be scared...and stuff.
    > that would be cool

    Children hide behind the sofa???? Yes. 8)))
    Then someone would make a porno channel, for bed-time viewing... 8( or 8),
    depending.

    There are lots of things we would like to see, i suspect, which would all
    make work for the working man to do, but the damn game would get bigger, and
    bigger....

    Still no hair-streak, I am afraid, yesterday being side-tracked by an Indian
    bed-spread with red satin sheets.
    is a bummer. I told it to update all sizes and the single bed is rubbish. I
    will have to backtrack and make it double only. It has once huge central
    design which does not shift to the single bed with success.
    Still, at last have pale worktops, though not good enough to share, they
    make me very happy.

    Granny.

    D wrote:

    > Try it and see
    > I wouldn't know what else...but try and make sure you are
    > working on undimmed sims (i.e thumbnails)

    I found it! (If you still remember this thread...) If I open the
    thumbnailscreen I see loads of thumbnails - several per sim.
    Turns out one of these is not dimmed... and that one works! So I
    can PE my sims again, thanks to you <beam>.

    T.

Sims Games Video Games