kwinvasion

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
Single Beep from Inno3D 680i mobo, this is what i get when i power on the system (newly assembled), no display at all, with or with out the gfx card same beep occur. no other gfx card to test on.

i already reseat rams, hdd...etc..etc...

just need confirmation if it really is gfx card problem? so that i can try to get the card replaced.

(my GFX is Xpertvision 9600GT)

IH8U

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
Try the card in another PC. Also go into the BIOS and set the display for the PCI-X slot instead of the onboard (if you have onboard). Also check that the power is connected to the vid card (should be a single 6-pin on the 9600GT).

kwinvasion

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
Yeah, am gonna try the gfx card on my friend's com. i did check the 6-pin, it's properly connected, fan was spinning but no display.

out of curiousity, there is this 2 pin beside the sli connector, i think its for pdif (HD audio i think), i didnt connect anything to it. tho i find this to be highly unlikely, is there a chance that this is the cause of the problem?

ckret100

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2008
yeah try taking out memory 1 by one and see if that works i was getting the same problem till
i took out the memory.

kwinvasion

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
i already tried testing the memory 1 by 1, slot by slot, same error. i also tested another gfx card, still no display and same error.

another thing that i didnt point out is i am using C2D e8200, i am told that flashing to EVGA P33 BIOS would make this board able to handle this proc, any1 can verify this?

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
A single beep is as it should be. That says it passed post.
One beep good more beeps bad.
Do you have a different cable to try?
If your monitor allows try a VGA cable.
Also try to R&R the card. It could be bad contact with the pins. Mine did that.

kwinvasion

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
ill try another cable, but i also tried on another monitor as well, same problem. im sorry, could u elaborate R&R? not sure wat it means.

bad contact with the pins, hhhmm... i'm a little concerned, could it be possible the pcie slot is faulty?

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
Remove and Replace.
Probably not a bad slot, just bad contact.
Usually pull it out and put in does it.
Leave the screw out for now and if it doesnt work try to wiggle it.
Its usually something simple.

mpn_daedalus

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
I'm getting this exact same problem, but with an ASUS P5N-D mobo. Tried two different graphics cards (which out of interest are an 8800GTX and a 7300LE) in both PCIe slots, and on two different monitors. Already tried removing each RAM stick at a time and trying different slots like suggested above but it didn't work for me. Could it be the mobo?

kwinvasion

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
ok, i just found out wat the problem is with my board, 2b on the LED indicator + long beep = video failed to initilise. i tried the gfx card on the 3rd slot and managed to get display.