Sims 2 Homecrafter Plus crashes recently.

Hi, I have tried to find out why but no luck. My Homecrafter Plus for the
past couple of days won't start up...it just says application has crashed,
application will now close. Can't figure out why since did nothing new and
Sims 2 works fine. Tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but no go.
Any ideas out there? Thanks for any advise.
4 answers Last reply
More about sims homecrafter crashes recently

    Are you trying to run it while you have the game running?
    I notice that both it and bodyshop, along with the game too, they all use a
    lot of memory. Maybe try shutting down some of the background running stuff
    first.

    "monkeythatpullstheswitch" <monkey@pull.switch> wrote in message
    > Hi, I have tried to find out why but no luck. My Homecrafter Plus for the
    > past couple of days won't start up...it just says application has crashed,
    > application will now close. Can't figure out why since did nothing new
    and
    > Sims 2 works fine. Tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but no go.
    > Any ideas out there? Thanks for any advise.

    Move everything from your downloads folder to somewhere safe and try again.
    It might be a clash with some user made item.

    "monkeythatpullstheswitch" <monkey@pull.switch> wrote in message
    > Hi, I have tried to find out why but no luck. My Homecrafter Plus for the
    > past couple of days won't start up...it just says application has crashed,
    > application will now close. Can't figure out why since did nothing new
    and
    > Sims 2 works fine. Tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but no go.
    > Any ideas out there? Thanks for any advise.

    Thanks, I tried that and wound up reinstalling it. Read the reply to
    Bluegenie2 above. I believe I found the offender. I appreciate all the
    help, very much.

    "vickyvickerson" <spam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Move everything from your downloads folder to somewhere safe and try
    again.
    > It might be a clash with some user made item.
    >
    > "monkeythatpullstheswitch" <monkey@pull.switch> wrote in message
    > > Hi, I have tried to find out why but no luck. My Homecrafter Plus for
    the
    > > past couple of days won't start up...it just says application has
    crashed,
    > > application will now close. Can't figure out why since did nothing new
    > and
    > > Sims 2 works fine. Tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but no go.
    > > Any ideas out there? Thanks for any advise.

    On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 06:35:10 -0500, "monkeythatpullstheswitch"
    <monkey@pull.switch> wrote:

    >I tried taking out the downloads and it still would not start without any in
    >there, so wound up reinstalling Sims 2 and then everything including the
    >color enabler, except did not install the last update from Maxis, and then
    >it worked fine. I installed the update and it stopped working again. So
    >repeated the uninstall reinstall and left out the last update and it is
    >working again.
    >
    >Something doesn't like that last update (first one is fine) on my machine
    >(others might not have a problem) for some reason and it seems to create a
    >conflict within the game in my setup, maybe with the downloads. Thank you
    >all for your help. I appreciate it very much.

    This makes me even more suspicious of that patch. I haven't heard
    that it does anything important except for people in Asian
    territories.

    BW

Sims Games Video Games