Hi,

I'm a Microsoft Employee, working as a Customer Service
Rep. My problem is that; i'm not able to modify my
desktop items; viz, i'm unable to change the different
wallpaper's in my Display properties. All option are
greyed out. I cannot modify the screensaver settings as
well!!!. I get a message "The screen saver has no option
you can set"

I tried going to "gpedit.msc" and enabling the
many... "User Configuration" options. But that still
does'nt seem to work at all. I ran "gpupdate" as well,
which still did not make any changes.

I would really appreciate it if you could give me a
solution or a few articles that could help me solve this
issue. I do think it's a simple one.!!!

Awaiting you response.

Thanking you.

- Marvin Adams
Microsoft Consumer Support.

You probably have Group Policy settings done by your administrators that
disable changing the features.
You should ask them.
If it turns out that this is not the case, post again and we can find an
anwer for you.

Please excuse my earlier reply, I was up late and took the post the wrong
way and had a stupid reaction.

Regards
Mark Dormer

"Marvin Adams" <tequilasunsette@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm a Microsoft Employee, working as a Customer Service
> Rep. My problem is that; i'm not able to modify my
> desktop items; viz, i'm unable to change the different
> wallpaper's in my Display properties. All option are
> greyed out. I cannot modify the screensaver settings as
> well!!!. I get a message "The screen saver has no option
> you can set"
>
> I tried going to "gpedit.msc" and enabling the
> many... "User Configuration" options. But that still
> does'nt seem to work at all. I ran "gpupdate" as well,
> which still did not make any changes.
>
> I would really appreciate it if you could give me a
> solution or a few articles that could help me solve this
> issue. I do think it's a simple one.!!!
>
> Awaiting you response.
>

> Thanking you.
>
> - Marvin Adams
> Microsoft Consumer Support.

Please try the following edit courtesy of MVP Kelly Theriot:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/wallpaperenable.reg

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User